Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Posting on bhalf uv BigMike
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Rick knew what he was doing.
roll.gif
nah he gambled on that one, but looks good now.

FIRST B0RN wrote:
I swear everyone keeps talking about these alleged allegations that we are under and the sanctions are coming; I seriously doubt anything is going to happen

If any sport is in trouble in our program, it's the basketball team. Nobody ever claimed that they were out of the woods. Every SC hater out there has been talking for years about how the NCAA is going to come down on our football program, but you really aren't saying anything. Yahoo Sports has a personal vendetta against Reggie Bush and have failed in their crusade to take down SC. McKnight's situation isn't going to affect the football program and for those of you who continue to hate on us, kick rocks.

ooIRON MANoo wrote:

As far as sanctions go, I could see taking a hit on scholarships. They never really had anything on Bush since him and his family denied everything and the NCAA was powerless to do anything in this case. The Joe McKnight situation will just affect this season, since that is when his baby's momma got the truck and when he got caught driving it,
smh.gif

The basketball program is going to get tagged hard, because they have more concrete evidence in the OJ Mayo case. The "lack of institutional control" charge will be the final nail in Mike Garrett's coffin.

Teams no longer get tagged with postseason bans, look at the recent sanctions leveled on FSU and Oklahoma. NCAA knows these teams pull too much revenue come postseason time.

I'd be shocked if there is a bowl ban.  Word is SC lawyers are ready to battle this out in court if NCAA tries to make an example.  Losing a few scholarships per year and vacating wins seems about right
after h0urs wrote:
Exactly how did USC (i.e. the coaching staff, administration, etc.) play with fire?  SC's involvement in this case, unless there is some shocking new evidence that no one has accounted for, is child's play compared to say the OU and Florida State cases where there was direct involvement via booster/school.  SC lawyers will sue the hell out of the NCAA if they try to ban them from anything that will produce major revenue losses (i.e. TV time, bowl bans, etc.) since the punishment falls nowhere in line with the precedent that has been set.

Like I said months ago, the administration has known the deal for a while now.  They might not know exact details, but they know the range in severity.  Steven Sample (SC president) has already gone on record saying the results of the investigation will "be great".  That type of statement only comes from someone in the know.

after h0urs wrote:
Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

SC already knows what they're facing and it's not much
the NCAA doesnt meet till Febuary/Mach

if they do anything USC has no idea what it is

Don't be so sure.
  after h0urs wrote:
Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Im still trying to figure out how you hAve the NCAA on your !$@ and then you go hire a head coach who the NCAA is already looking at and coach o who is the most shady recruiter in college football history.

That's the biggest %#!@ you USC could give the NCAA

The recruiting wars in socal about to be fun

Because the Bush case is weak. SC already knows what they're facing and it's not much, which is why they are ok with Lane coming on board.

NCAA showed their weakness when they combined Bush/Mayo cases together. To me it means that they couldn't connect SC to Bush and decided to lump it under "lack of institutional control". The sanction will probably involve losing some scholarships over several years, but nothing drastic.
  It's a joke how many haters are on this board. The only reason SC is being singled out in this is because ESPN's formula in creating stories is propping up programs with immense hype and then bringing them down with "investigations" that are just as often speculative smear campaigns as they are truth. Everyone knew about Guillory well before O.J. stepped foot at SC, so why does ESPN decide to run these investigations now? This isn't news, it's ESPN cashing in on a story that will resonate through the draft and into next season. If USC is guilty in this, which I have no idea how people come to the conclusion, then the Pac-10 and NCAA are guilty as well since they all ran investigations into O.J.'s eligibility and concluded that he never received any improper benefits. SC banned Guillory from games and did everything they could to put distance between him and O.J.. Also, it's not like SC was in a heated recruiting battle for O.J., he literally fell into their lap, so how can anyone think that SC bought O.J.? But then again, people here run with speculation and hear what they want to hear.

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ USC

Why they mad though? It's not like they're going to go to the BCS Championship or a Bowl Game.

I don't understand why YV doesn't want the Heisman Trophy though
smh.gif

Did Seanstrel sign his LOI yet? I thought he said he wouldn't sign until the official word from the NCAA came out ?

Seantrel did sign his LOI. It's cool though, because his pops still has his budding rap career ahead of him. He's actually pretty good, too. Here's a vid of him freestylin off the top:

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by dreClark

Did Seanstrel sign his LOI yet? I thought he said he wouldn't sign until the official word from the NCAA came out ?
Thought he signed back in March.

Sucks for him.

First off, excessive. Unless there is a lot more then we all know, Reggie's parents living in a home 150 miles away from campus hardly warrants the penalty's that were given out.secondly, i understand people hate SC but this whole "they got what they deserved, cheaters" outlook makes no sense to me. Reggie was coming to SC regardless, he wasnt convinced to come play at SC from a financial standpoint nor did his parents living in a home provided by a couple of creepy would be agents give SC any kind of upper hand in the winning that we did those years. Deep down the SC haters know that and have always been looking for something to make themselves feel better after countless embarrassing defeats.

Yall can have the wins, you can take away Reggie's Heisman, hell you can give the national championship to Oklahoma (lol @ Auburn deserving it) but none of that changes what really happened (including destroying that same Auburn team, twice), we all know who the team to beat was and those memories are going to take years to be erased.

Im mostly interested in seeing who jumps ship at this time, Seantrell is as good as gone but thats fine with me, i was never interested in his prima donna attitude and his parents are a 2nd coming of Reggies step dad so if he bolts good riddance. If CLK can hang on to most of this class we'll be alright. We arent going anywhere, we will bounce back quicker then Miami and quicker then Bama this is the University of Southern California we are talking about not SMU, not Washington we'll be fine.
Fight On!

Originally Posted by dreClark

Seantrel signed shortly after that statement.

laugh.gif
@ acting like a Prime USC, a Prime Bama and a prime UM aren't on the same plane. If they can fall off drastically, and take years to build back up, so can you.

With all these sanctions/penalties being dropped on USC, can some of their players transfer w/o having to sit out a year?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yes, any player who's career would finish under the Probation umbrella

Well if that's the case...if I was Ralph Friedgen, I'd be outside of the training complex handing out flyers....
laugh.gif

if they can keep the bulk of the team together and are smart with the limited schollies we could be back in the hunt Barkley's senior year. I know its a long shot but if the talent stays we got a shot. If upperclassmen start to book i guess i really couldn't blame them but its gotta be about rebuilding right now anyway and i hope CLK and his team are the ones to do it.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

if they can keep the bulk of the team together and are smart with the limited schollies we could be back in the hunt Barkley's senior year. I know its a long shot but if the talent stays we got a shot. If upperclassmen start to book i guess i really couldn't blame them but its gotta be about rebuilding right now anyway and i hope CLK and his team are the ones to do it.
Barkley's senior year or the year after will probably be when the scholarship reductions  start to have the most impact. You're delusional if you think within two years you'll "back in the hunt" with these penalties. You have no idea what you're in for.
These penalties will cause issues with depth and a fall in the talent level since you won't be getting the same level of recruits as in the past. Many kids will not go to USC because they see they will be playing at a disadvantage. If you think USC's image will keep attracting the same level of talent you better look closely at past programs that went through the same thing. Recruits will know they are going to playing at a disadvantage and most kids will cross USC off their list.

In addition you really have to ask yourself if Lane Kiffin is the coach to guide the program through this? I like Lane Kiffin as a coach but if I had to choose a coach to overcome these penalties and rebuild a program I wouldn't touch him.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yes, any player who's career would finish under the Probation umbrella

Well if that's the case...if I was Ralph Friedgen, I'd be outside of the training complex handing out flyers....
laugh.gif

Yeah, because players who went to USC are gonna jump at the chance to go to Maryland.  Wouldn't they leave partly because of the opportunity to play in a bowl game?

Back
Top Bottom