Using the N word while singing along to songs Vol. I'm not black

ALL NEW YORKERS R ALLOWED TO SAY IT!!........ and THEN only black people if there not from anywhere else

ALL NEW YORKERS R ALLOWED TO SAY IT!!........ and THEN only black people if there not from anywhere else

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it's a word, as long as your saying it with an a and not an er then who cares.

if you really let a word have that much power over you your a weak minded person and will spend your entire life fighting battles.
You just contradicted yourself though. If it's just a word and you shouldn't let a word have that much power over you, then what's the difference between it ending with an "a" or an "er"?

Apparently there is a difference. I know you're trying to confuse the situation purposely, but its not like you hear black folks calling each the word with the "ER" at the end. Right? So theres obviously a difference.

Its not about the person saying the word being weak minded, its about the people on the opposite end gasping in horror at what they heard. Thats weak minded.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

it's a word, as long as your saying it with an a and not an er then who cares.

if you really let a word have that much power over you your a weak minded person and will spend your entire life fighting battles.
You just contradicted yourself though. If it's just a word and you shouldn't let a word have that much power over you, then what's the difference between it ending with an "a" or an "er"?

Apparently there is a difference. I know you're trying to confuse the situation purposely, but its not like you hear black folks calling each the word with the "ER" at the end. Right? So theres obviously a difference.

Its not about the person saying the word being weak minded, its about the people on the opposite end gasping in horror at what they heard. Thats weak minded.

I don't say it and I pause (or replace) if I ever recite lyrics that use the word. I hate when anyone says it around me and let them know to chill with that around me. I feel anyone (regardless of color) that says "it is just a word" are being contradictory because there are plenty of other words that could be used instead. Only time I hear it from non black people is when they call people the "er" form on Xbox Live or when they use the "a" form when greeting friends, who are also non black. Especially in the second case, there are tons more useful/appropriate/respectful/meaningful/whatever ways to greet an acquaintance. But people are gonna be hard headed...

I don't say it and I pause (or replace) if I ever recite lyrics that use the word. I hate when anyone says it around me and let them know to chill with that around me. I feel anyone (regardless of color) that says "it is just a word" are being contradictory because there are plenty of other words that could be used instead. Only time I hear it from non black people is when they call people the "er" form on Xbox Live or when they use the "a" form when greeting friends, who are also non black. Especially in the second case, there are tons more useful/appropriate/respectful/meaningful/whatever ways to greet an acquaintance. But people are gonna be hard headed...

Originally Posted by HOHLegend

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've been told the N word is pretty loose in NY for all ethnicities, is it really that cool? Even for whites? 
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Kobe isn't homophobic for saying the F word

So you're not racist for saying the N word
laugh.gif
notsureifsrs, not exactly analogous, but I see what you're getting at.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've been told the N word is pretty loose in NY for all ethnicities, is it really that cool? Even for whites? 
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Kobe isn't homophobic for saying the F word

So you're not racist for saying the N word
laugh.gif
notsureifsrs, not exactly analogous, but I see what you're getting at.

Man I could care less..... We (blacks) put it in songs and expect for whites (the number one buyers of rap music) not to say the word? Where they do that at? I'm black and never gave two %#% about a white person repeating the N word. Black people are ignorant and stupid. We say the word all day and wana pitch a fit when we hear a white person say it

Man I could care less..... We (blacks) put it in songs and expect for whites (the number one buyers of rap music) not to say the word? Where they do that at? I'm black and never gave two %#% about a white person repeating the N word. Black people are ignorant and stupid. We say the word all day and wana pitch a fit when we hear a white person say it

Originally Posted by ekon one

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

only if you know the differences between the ga and ger 
and whites are afraid to say it

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

only if you know the differences between the ga and ger 
and whites are afraid to say it

When Trae was in Finland and the crowd was all white he told the crowd they can say the n word. In the beginning of the concert people clearly didn't want to say it fearing it might offend Trae.

When Trae was in Finland and the crowd was all white he told the crowd they can say the n word. In the beginning of the concert people clearly didn't want to say it fearing it might offend Trae.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i hear whites & asians say it more than blacks sometimes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i hear whites & asians say it more than blacks sometimes.

i say it whenever I'm rapping to songs. It's the way the song goes, i'd say its fairly obvious im not saying the word in any way trying to be offensive just like any other random thing I say while rapping along to a song. I've never had trouble with this with friends at concerts or anything...

i say it whenever I'm rapping to songs. It's the way the song goes, i'd say its fairly obvious im not saying the word in any way trying to be offensive just like any other random thing I say while rapping along to a song. I've never had trouble with this with friends at concerts or anything...

Never say it. It ain't cool.

If you're not Black and you say it , you don't sound like a racist. Just ignorant.

Never say it. It ain't cool.

If you're not Black and you say it , you don't sound like a racist. Just ignorant.

It depends where you grew up. When I was younger that word was like saying "yo" "sup" because of where I grew up. Black people can tell when you're saying it to be a fool or when you just can't help it and it comes out. Or if you're just ghetto and always say it you will probably get a pass. The only time I drop that word now is when I'm drunk AND pissed.

It depends where you grew up. When I was younger that word was like saying "yo" "sup" because of where I grew up. Black people can tell when you're saying it to be a fool or when you just can't help it and it comes out. Or if you're just ghetto and always say it you will probably get a pass. The only time I drop that word now is when I'm drunk AND pissed.

If you use the word in your lyrics, it is evident that it will be repeated. It's the sole purpose for why music is made. I dont have a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom