V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

Welp us with a 2/06 deposit date willnot be getting it according to people with the igotmyrefund forums. Nobody have gotten a deposit yet which is weird because usually they will get it 2 days before their deposit date

It is not looking good

dont count on the 2/06 deposit date

:nerd:
|I
Let's just wait and see.. it's not gonna kill anyone if it doesn't come tomorrow.. at least I hope not :lol:

Went backt to school to get my BS, I only go part time because I work full time. Can I claim the american opp credit, or any other education credit? I'm still waiting on the form from school showing the tuition paid.

I owe Money..SMH... I dont understand how though because I made under 35k last year
The ****

You claim like 3-4 all year or something 
laugh.gif

Did mine today
I feel cheated
H&R taking out close to $400 :smh:
I gotta start taking villains advice and learn to do my own

majority of people here don't have complicated situations that would require the expertise {:rolleyes} of HR BLock, or J.Hewitt employees. They are going down a list just like you would if you did it with turbo tax or tax act, asking you the same damn questions. Yes, they did get certification, but still if you doing a 1040 or 1040ez you can do that on your own. I learned this back in '04. When you get into serious stuff like self employement, itemizing, dealing with stocks, properties and other stuff like that, I would consider getting a professional tax preparer then. Still wouldn't mess with them.

Live and learn bro, next year do it yourself. As a matter of fact do it now and see if you get the same result as they did regarding your refund. YOu don't have to pay until you file so you can play around with it and get a feel for it.

Last edited:
majority of people here don't have complicated situations that would require the expertise {
eyes.gif
} of HR BLock, or J.Hewitt employees. They are going down a list just like you would if you did it with turbo tax or tax act, asking you the same damn questions. Yes, they did get certification, but still if you doing a 1040 or 1040ez you can do that on your own. I learned this back in '04. When you get into serious stuff like self employement, itemizing, dealing with stocks, properties and other stuff like that, I would consider getting a professional tax preparer then. Still wouldn't mess with them.

Live and learn bro, next year do it yourself. As a matter of fact do it now and see if you get the same result as they did regarding your refund. YOu don't have to pay until you file so you can play around with it and get a feel for it.
THIS. Try turbo tax now. and it dont matter how complicated. Turbo tax walk you through it

Always try to remember the closer you owe to $0 or the closer you get a refund to $0, consider yourself winning...

Made just a little over 90K last year. Single, 1 kid, and bought a house. Hopefully, I'll get some decent amount back. I'll prob hold onto the refund money until the market bottoms out again and just put that money towards some stocks or possibly buying another property. That A4 is calling my name though. lol

Made just a little over 90K last year. Single, 1 kid, and bought a house. Hopefully, I'll get some decent amount back. I'll prob hold onto the refund money until the market bottoms out again and just put that money towards some stocks or possibly buying another property. That A4 is calling my name though. lol
nerd.gif
 but go with the A6 man.

nerd.gif
 but go with the A6 man.
hahaha I wish man. I was looking at the A6 but that's way beyond my means. The A4 is even stretching it. My heart says Audi but my mind is saying Honda Accord. My current vehicle is damn near 13 years old lol.

True cost to own a 2012 A6. SMH

hahaha I wish man. I was looking at the A6 but that's way beyond my means. The A4 is even stretching it. My heart says Audi but my mind is saying Honda Accord. My current vehicle is damn near 13 years old lol.

View media item 785458

thays why i bought a honda accord
reliable, gas efficient, will last you forever

First off, **** both of y'all. I take care of my seed. I got a BM that dnt wanna see me prosper if we not together so she do whatever to make my life hard. She wanted me to pay her 500 a month, I agreed to 4, and she said no.I told her to suck my **** and she put me on child support, where I was ordered to pay 190 a month. I been on for a few months and paid it about twice until she start talking **** so I stopped, you not using it on my kid anyway I buy all her nice clothes, on my insurance, live with me 3 days out the week. **** that, she need to be paying me.
Dray here

Damn brah, put a case on her....
File for dual custody, show up to court.
Put some dope in her car call the boys on her, during the case.
????
Win

I see. I like this true cost to own. Will use when I am in the market for a new car.

Did mine yesterday through Turbo Tax. Within an hour, both Fed and State were accepted :pimp:

This is my first time doing taxes so knowing I'm getting a refund is pretty awesome. Gonna use that to move up out my mama house, pay down some debt and buy some home essentials.

Last edited:
Always try to remember the closer you owe to $0 or the closer you get a refund to $0, consider yourself winning...
true but say you got dependants or kids or just bought a house you get credits , then the IRS still owe you money.,

1 thing if you got kids you can get EIC advance which they will put your EIC on your paycheck through out your checks. Its like a advancement but you have to tell you employer to give you the form to fill out which is a W5 form. Only workers make less then 32k ,I think get EIC

Like my sister made 16k and got one kid. she got a EIC credit of $3400 or so , so she get all her federal taxes back plus the EIC and that is not including the $1000 child tax credit. So she got back over 5k for making 16k plus she claimed 5 through out the year. Now if next year her situation will be the same she can claim EIC advance she get back some of that EIC credit back on her check

"Eligible employees can receive part of their earned income credit for current year in their paychecks throughout the year, instead of waiting until they file their tax returns. To be eligible for this Advance EIC payment, an employee must expect to have a qualifying child, expect to fall within certain income limits, and expect to meet other specific requirements, which are explained on Form W-5, Earned Income Credit Advance Payment Certificate, and in more detail in Earned Income Credit.

Last edited:
A couple days ago, I started filing on 1040.com. Tonight, I got my 1098 from school & even though I wasn't enrolled in classes last year, I still made payments to them. My federal & state refund jumped tremendously.

I mean, since I got the form, everything is copastetic, right? RIGHT?

Getting back 4800 so far with claiming no one . Thinking about putting my grandmother on my return since I pay for everything for her

You should get back close to 10k

Dray here

Damn brah, put a case on her....
File for dual custody, show up to court.
Put some dope in her car call the boys on her, during the case.
????
Win
Got to get sneaky. I heard a person baby mom had to show for court but her tires was flatten the same morning she had to go,. She missed her date

A couple days ago, I started filing on 1040.com. Tonight, I got my 1098 from school & even though I wasn't enrolled in classes last year, I still made payments to them. My federal & state refund jumped tremendously.

I mean, since I got the form, everything is copastetic, right? RIGHT?
 With the form you may have gotten back more but you can always file a amend later. if you paid for school you would have gotten back more,more then likely

Back
Top Bottom