V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

I need to file an amended return because I missed the $$$ I could get back from school expenses for 2011 and 2012.

I worked both years, and filed. I just missed my school credit. I don't have copies of these returns so when I file an amended one would I need to locate those again, or can I just fill in the information missed from my 1098-T? (school expenses tax form)

WOW well i think he can only claim 3, better ask him to throw some your way

O if you buy a house you get back like 8k. if you adopt a kid you get a credit of like 13k per kid...

She's married her husband got the other 3 I called her about her tax person, and she told me how much she was getting back.

She's married her husband got the other 3 I called her about her tax person, and she told me how much she was getting back.

sounds about right if his incpme was average or hers

to the person above have a cpa do a amend. with amemds irs tale a closer eye so you want it done right..cpa probably charge $60 or so

anyway files mines today and got the text saying it was accepted

Last edited:
Where can I get credible info about doing taxes and what not?

First time filing taxes.

I got $900 and my girl got $700. Putting it towards our season tickets :lol:
When the job market becomes more stable i will go from claiming 1 to claiming 2

getting $4:smokin
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
mean.gif
I gotta have some damn kids lol
It costs a ferrari to raise a kid though.

I need to file an amended return because I missed the $$$ I could get back from school expenses for 2011 and 2012.

I worked both years, and filed. I just missed my school credit. I don't have copies of these returns so when I file an amended one would I need to locate those again, or can I just fill in the information missed from my 1098-T? (school expenses tax form)

check out this page if you want to find copies/transcripts of previously filed tax returns: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

they're available online or by mail so you should be able to access the info yourself.

i'm not familiar with a "school" credit, but here's some info from the irs about education tax incentives:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Publication-970,-Tax-Benefits-for-Education-1

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-8863,-E...an-Opportunity-and-Lifetime-Learning-Credits)

and

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice97-60.pdf

with copies of your older years from the transcript link, and the information in those education forms and publications, you should be able to make the adjustments yourself on the 1040x. let us know how it goes!

If u make 52k or less, IRS VITA program will prepare and efile your tax return for free. I used to do that while I was getting my accounting degree and it's a great program for lower income family.

Yo @usabasketball08 I'm in the same boat has you. When I get to a computer I will post all the info I research on this situation. To see if it's addition help you can use following ^ this dude post.

if you amend your return youbbetter have all you receipts paperwork etc and mail it in with your amend because they will audit it.

did it to me and somebody else i know

i really wouldnt call it a audit but they will mail a letter asking for proof of what your amending. they dibthis because theybhave resources to since nobody is filling old returns. they have a special team for that

Thanks for the info, and by school credit I meant the American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning credits, just couldn't think of the name at the time. :lol:

Last edited:
Anything I get back I'm trying to put towards my engine/trans. Main reason I need to know the best route to take.

I didn't file my my 1099-b last year. Could I include on this year's return or is it better to just amend last years?

I didn't file my my 1099-b last year. Could I include on this year's return or is it better to just amend last years?

the correct thing to do is to amend the year that is missing the information so that the missing information is included. however, if the dollar amounts are negligible, meaning, you go through the entire amendment and discover that you only owe an extra 5 dollars or so, then you might want to consider whether it is worth it to file that amendment. there are auditing thresholds, and below a certain dollar amount the IRS will not pursue your situation... sorry, i do not have specific details about what those dollar amount thresholds are, so you'll have to use your own judgement there.

i strongly advise against just including a different year's information on your current year's forms. it is unnecessary and inaccurate to do so.

Back
Top Bottom