Virgil Abloh passes away

Rest in power. Fk cancer. My condolences and prayers are with his family 🙏🏾

Also I hate humans that do this
7DD354C2-3615-4FBD-B1A4-A2123F32547B.jpeg

"he got to live out his dreams"
superblytrife superblytrife

At least he got to live out his drea

AZwildcats AZwildcats

He definitely got to do a lot of cool things, but I’d imagine his ultimate dream (as is the dream of many fathers) was simply watching his children grow.

Not directed at you guys but making that statement about people we don’t know is wild.

this article is from Sept 2019. Guessing this when he was first diagnosed with cancer. I remember reading it back then and thinking it was just burn out from grinding/all his collabs/multiple collections a year. I never was a fan of his Nike collabs or off white, but I did like a lot of his stuff he designed for Louis Vuitton. Even with cancer, he showed up everyday and put everything he had into his work which will now live on forever.

RIP Virgil, not enough words to express how much he inspired beyond designing.

Someone always has to post something stupid. Well, here it is. Here you are.
I understand his skepticism

People with cancer usually look frail before they pass, like Chadwick

I don't recall seeing a picture of a frail Virgil

The French have a history of doing shady ish when money is involved. Make the British look like angels

RIP

Came out of absolutely nowhere. Some of my relatives died from cancer so I know how sudden and tough it can be.
Best of luck to the family and friends.

Wow, what a shock. Terribly sad day.

His spirit, and all that it touched will have a lasting legacy.

Sad news.
Mega props to him and his crew for his art and impact to many facets of fashion and culture.
Condolences to the family and those affected.

In an age where a very large contingency plays every little private moment on social media for likes and sympathy, (men included) I really respect real men that play their lives close to the chest. It was enough to be just Virgil, it was enough to be just Chadwick. There was no sensationalization of their health issues to gain sympathy. They had bigger fish to fry.

For so many, it's not enough to be rich and famous. They need to be rich, famous with better sneakers than you, better cars than you, better jewelry than you, etc etc.

Listening to Virgil speak about his ethos and design cues was fascinating.

Virgil, maybe single handedly ushered change in high fashion towards streetwear that should've happened in the 80s with dapper Dan.

Again, rip Virgil.

Lecture, just in case anyone wants to check it out.

Last edited:

This dude has always been and will always be a complete overcompensating lame. You can tell he was teased into oblivion as a child and exists to take out his pain on people that he doesn’t even know.

For reference as to what he’s referring to:
Bricks and Wood Overreacts to Virgil Abloh’s opinion on Streetwear

9B92490B-E65E-4736-9E77-F7890B602B39.jpeg
9860AB95-7AB7-40BC-9A2D-62F0C113D414.jpeg

I guess the lesson here is it’s no skin off your back to apologize or make something right with people while they’re still alive. We all say and do things that we later regret and are truly sorry for, but this dude Kacey Lynch and his brand has a reputation for saying and doing repugnant things and tripling down on it.

Don’t run outta time to do the right thing. Put your ego to the side. Don’t be a clown like Kacey Lynch.

This dude has always been and will always be a complete overcompensating lame. You can tell he was teased into oblivion as a child and exists to take out his pain on people that he doesn’t even know.

For reference as to what he’s referring to:
Bricks and Wood Overreacts to Virgil Abloh’s opinion on Streetwear

9B92490B-E65E-4736-9E77-F7890B602B39.jpeg
9860AB95-7AB7-40BC-9A2D-62F0C113D414.jpeg

I guess the lesson here is it’s no skin off your back to apologize or make something right with people while they’re still alive. We all say and do things that we later regret and are truly sorry for, but this dude Kacey Lynch and his brand has a reputation for saying and doing repugnant things and tripling down on it.

Don’t run outta time to do the right thing. Put your ego to the side. Don’t be a clown like Kacey Lynch.

That's the new formula. If you can't succeed on your own merits, find a high target and talk greasy publicly. Hitch yourself to it's wagon and ride the wave.

It's not enough to just see something you don't agree with, ignore it, and move fwd... or state your issue once and move on. You have to make a mountain out of a molehill and press merch about it.

Back
Top Bottom