Virgil Abloh passes away

Every celeb now that I think of it. When DMX passed we had people selling cd’s and tees for ridiculous prices. People man.... :smh:
that dude jerry lorenzo did that...
still, this whole situation taught me to taste my words first, so i won't badmouth the guy.....much

They don’t wanna seem like hypocrites because they probably still have all the tweets and posts up of them calling his shoes garbage :lol:
Yea, I'd rather say it now, I may have not liked his off white stuff but I never called them trash. Resellers acting like they wanna pay homage while reselling off Whites for more money is more double dealing.

Its like would you rather have someone tell the truth about their comments or have someone give fake praises while profiting off someone's death and asking to buy off Whites now or resell them now. IG/Twitter/FB must have alot of them.

Stock X and Goat should have locked the prices as soon as the news came out. They should have done the same thing when Kobe passed or at least used that as a learning opportunity.

That was asking too much though 😐

Yea, I'd rather say it now, I may have not liked his off white stuff but I never called them trash. Resellers acting like they wanna pay homage while reselling off Whites for more money is more double dealing.

I respect that. His fashion wasn’t for everyone but I admire the hard work he put in and how far it got him. As for those resellers, they’re just fans of the money it makes them. Sickening but it’s the reality.

A family can mourn their loved ones death forever. People who are unrelated and only temporarily care can mourn a persons death for a day. The next day its back to business for the unrelated people.

If you feel like Virgils death has personally affected you, then you may value the 10 collection so much more that you can't put a pricetag on them and you wear them with pride or keep them until they crumble.

If you feel like Virgils death is a money grab, you will sell or resell his work just for your benefit and you're a profiteer benefitting from someone's problems or pain. This the type of person the culture should dislike and discourage.

Unfortunately this is rampant these days. It has been happening. And this applies to any athlete, celebrity, creator, designer, any person that was looked up to and respected and loved. Some or a few people will love you and remember you for a very long time. For some others, the next day, other people may profit or benefit from another person's problems or pain :smh:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that people are going a bit overboard being upset by the price increases.

The value of those items went up after his death to collectors/buyers. That’s who determines the prices/value.

The people selling on StockX were already trying to sell at the market rate. The market rates changed.

The man was a true icon. The fact that his pieces are valued that high is a tribute to him.

:emoji_dove:

sad as hell man.

gotta expect the price hikes.
these things went from hard to get to impossible now.

just wish I coulda got my hands on some before all this.

Rest In Peace to the man though. I def gave some of his designs flack but his impact and presence are undeniable.

sad ****.

yea the price hikes just show how much of a icon he was, anybody that goes

shoot when its my time price hike my ish lol

Seeing all the love & text people are showing & goddamn dude was tapped into every part of black culture from the biggest artist to people with a few thousand followers.

RIP to one of the few disrupters the world produces.

Back
Top Bottom