• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for your recommendations guys! I'm gonna try out the ES File explorer. Lovin this phone thus far!

After everyone kept talking about ES, I decided to take a look at what it's about. I think I might make the switch myself...

Not specifically Droid related but...

AT&T offers T-Mobile customers $450 to switch

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The war for mobile customers is heating up with AT&T making this pitch directly to T-Mobile customers: Switch to us and get $450.

It's not cash. AT&T (T, Fortune 500) is offering T-Mobile (TMUS) refugees a $200 credit per phone line, plus the chance to trade in their smartphones for up to $250.

It's the latest in the battle between AT&T and T-Mobile, the underdog that's been hounding its larger rival on every front.

With its very public "uncarrier" strategy, T-Mobile has set its sights on AT&T as well as Verizon (VZ, Fortune 500). First, T-Mobile eliminated contracts, opting instead for customers to pay lower monthly rates and buy their own phones. Then came the "Jump" program, which allows customers to upgrade phones twice a year. Then T-Mobile killed roaming fees and slashed per-minute and text charges.

AT&T is fighting back by appealing to T-Mobile customers' wallets. AT&T declined to say how long the $450 offer would last, citing competitive reasons. The company wouldn't say how many customers it expects to gain from the pitch -- or how much it would cost.

T-Mobile did not immediately respond to requests for comment. But CEO John Legere addressed rumors of the AT&T offer Thursday night on Twitter. "I guess we are making AT&T a bit nervous," he wrote.

T-Mobile is currently the fourth largest wireless company in the U.S. But it has always been viewed as a possible takeover target.

In fact, AT&T and T-Mobile agreed to a $39 billion merger in 2011 but AT&T wound up scrapping the deal once it became clear that regulators would block it. Now there is speculation that Sprint (S, Fortune 500), the nation's third largest carrier, may want to buy T-Mobile.

Shares of T-Mobile fell nearly 4% in early trading Friday. But the stock is up more than 20% in the past month due to the reports of a possible Sprint takeover.

Hey ATT...

Can I use however much data my phone can pull in , unlimited text and unlimited calls and not get charged more than $80 on my bill?

Hmmm...

Naw?

Aight then... I'm scraight... Preciate it, kinfoe.

ES File Explorer helped me discover even though i deleted pics/pron vids from the phone, the folder was still there, just empty.  ES showed me the light, delete your empty folders people.

Last edited:
ES File Explorer helped me discover even though i deleted pics/pron vids from the phone, the folder was still there, just empty.  ES showed me the light, delete your empty folders people.

*Downloads ES immediately* :wow:

You could see all that straight through the app?

Last edited:
Yezzir. Enable root explorer and you can delete bloatware apps and back up your apps as well, plus one touch restore. :pimp:

Hey ATT...

Can I use however much data my phone can pull in , unlimited text and unlimited calls and not get charged more than $80 on my bill?

Hmmm...

Naw?

Aight then... I'm scraight... Preciate it, kinfoe.
Dont you work for them still?

In a few months we'll most likely see new high-end device from HTC. Some of the current rumours were true, but here comes much more details you've never heard before!

http://Device will be named HTC One+ (codename: HTC M8) and it won't have any capacitive buttons. No more "home" or "back" buttons we get used to with the HTC One (HTC M7). Camera is probably a 6MP or 8MP module, of course with the UltraPixel[emoji]8482[/emoji] technology and probably the new HTC ImageChip[emoji]8482[/emoji] 3. Current rumours about double lens (for low and high lighting) might be true as well. Battery capacity is much bigger now - 2900 mAh instead of 2300 mAh in the HTC One. With just a slightly bigger screen in the HTC One+ (5") versus HTC One (4,7") we can expect much better battery life.​
 ​
Chipset (SoC) is very likely to be Snapdragon 805 (instead of 800). This is a very good news because Snapdragon 800 is already quite an "old" chipset. The only problem is the drivers development by Qualcomm. Let's hope that won't stop HTC from replacing S800 with the S805.​
 ​
In contrast to the HTC One, the One+ will have removable micoSD card. The non-removable microSD card in the HTC One was a source of a lot of critics from Android fans. Hopefully the design of the HTC M8 won't suffer from that.​
 ​

HTC One+ will be equipped with the newest HTC Sense[emoji]8482[/emoji] 6.0 and Android KitKat.

So what do you think? I'm already very excited and really can't wait for the HTC One successor. The HTC One won almost every award in the 2013 knocking out the competition. Let's hope the HTC One+ will repeat this great success!​
 ​
To summarize:
  1. Name: HTC One+ (HTC M8)
  2. Screen: 5" FullHD 1080p covered by Gorilla Glass 3
  3. Battery: 2900mAh
  4. Camera: 6MP or 8MP with UltraPixel[emoji]8482[/emoji] technology and double lens
  5. SoC: Qualcomm[emoji]174[/emoji] Snapdragon[emoji]8482[/emoji] 805
  6. RAM: 2GB LPDDR3
  7. Buttons: no capacitive buttons
  8. OS: Android KitKat with HTC Sense[emoji]8482[/emoji] 6.0
  9. SIM: micro-SIM
  10. Front camera: 2.1MP
  11. NFC: yes
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-details-about-htc-m8.html

If this true ....HTC ain't going out without a fight
pimp.gif

HTC One+ will be copped. Gonna pass this Nexus5 onto my girl.

... But I might have to get that Lumia 1520 :nerd:. Hopefully devs get on it like the HD2 and users will be able to dual boot android.

Will cop if they release a Google Play Edition early on.

Still holding out hope for a Google Play Edition of the One Max.

Back
Top Bottom