• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have u had any problems with the M8? I called ATT to move my upgrade up but they gave me a 30 day window so I'm not mad going to compare the M8 and S5 in store later today

when i first got it it kept sayin something went wrong try logging in but after manually updating a few apps its been flawless. some getting used to coming from touch wiz but so far so amazed. i kinda wish i woulda got the brushed grey tho. i have a feeling once its not new neww imma get brazen n start effin the finish up. i think scratches n the brushed one will blend muchhhh better. really id jus get the matte black if i could choose but im not about that waitin life n everyday i hung onto the N2 it was losing value

Just went to ATT and played with the M8 and the install time of the apps is damn impressive. I think I'm sold, not worried about the I6 since I have another upgrade in December.

Just got my new, non-defective M8. Things are already looking good.

@pianoman52 I had that issue (& several more) with my first M8. Annoying as all hell. Will check when I'm in the house if the problem persists in this new one.

Edit: My Wi-Fi issue was slightly different. The problem was at work with an open network, I had to repeatedly sign in.

Last edited:
I just bought full body protector. And a case for $3

90% OFF EVERYTHING + Get Protectors and cases. There have been some exciting devices announced and released lately. At XtremeGuard, we want to help you keep all your new devices looking like new as soon at it arrives. To take advantage of this offer simply add 2 or more items to your cart and enter coupon code Xtreme90 at checkout http://www.xtremeguard.com

Good looks I just bought two full body's for my nexus and my girls 5s for 4 bucks

Just landed in San Diego... Downtown has a strong TMobile LTE signal.

So far happy with my switch.

Can anyone enlighten me about Google Hangouts? I have 3 Gmail accounts, but none of my friends really use it. Are there other uses for it if my contacts don't use Google Chat?

You gotta get tempered glass if your not gonna use a case. I got my tempered glass in 4 days ago and was going caseless dropped my nexus because I missed my pocket and the glass cracked. I'm just gonna use a case from now on its just not worth the risk.

GG ain't bout ****, glass is gonna break regardless.

Ive broken a screen once n all my years ... Mesh shorts plus disneyworld was a horrible idea.

And i doubt my m8 screen is crackin with a fall anything shorter than i am. Thing cab survive a hammer blow flush to the screen.

My S5 will be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it feels.

Quick question, what ROM are you guys running on your G2?

My S5 will be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it feels.

Quick question, what ROM are you guys running on your G2?
cloudy pro stock on my att g2

make sure to read up on basebands/modems/recoveries since LG has it on lockdown

Last edited:
Record-breaking display responsiveness (touch latency) on the HTC One M8

Microsoft explained that high performance touch performance is becoming increasingly key aspect of a mobile device's user experience.
Microsoft report on Display latency

Apparently the HTC One's diplay latency is record breaking - measured at 46ms.

Source: Lesnumeriques.fr

It is not at the 1-20ms recommended by Microsoft but it is a great step forward considering the fact that modern devices barely go below 70ms. The previous record was held by the Note 3 with 67ms.

Newer devices:
  • Note 3: 67ms
  • LG G2: 110ms
  • iPhone 5S: 75ms (same as iPhone 5)
Here is an overview for older devices:

attachment.php

This explains part of the reason why the M8 experience is so fast and smooth.  Usually the Android experience seemed sluggish in comparison to the iOS devices across the board, even while having increasingly more powerful processors.  It is because of the screen latency.  HTC has managed to create a device with a latency lower than even the 5s.  This has more effect on the speed and responsiveness of the device than just about anything else.

And for the guy who said that the phone couldnt possibly be faster or more responsive than the G2, here you go.  Nowadays, benchmarks mean nothing.  Having almost equivalent processing power means nothing nowadays in terms of the final user experience.  Cramming more and more powerful hardware into phones just isnt cutting it any more.  Shoot all phones nowadays are way more powerful than we need anyway lol.  Actual software/hardware innovation and optimization is what's going to set phones apart moving forward.

Can anyone enlighten me about Google Hangouts? I have 3 Gmail accounts, but none of my friends really use it. Are there other uses for it if my contacts don't use Google Chat?
You can use it to send your texts now, but there are so many other and better text apps out there, that theres no point.

Record-breaking display responsiveness (touch latency) on the HTC One M8

Microsoft explained that high performance touch performance is becoming increasingly key aspect of a mobile device's user experience.
Microsoft report on Display latency

Apparently the HTC One's diplay latency is record breaking - measured at 46ms.

Source: Lesnumeriques.fr

It is not at the 1-20ms recommended by Microsoft but it is a great step forward considering the fact that modern devices barely go below 70ms. The previous record was held by the Note 3 with 67ms.

Newer devices:
  • Note 3: 67ms
  • LG G2: 110ms
  • iPhone 5S: 75ms (same as iPhone 5)
Here is an overview for older devices:

attachment.php

Impressive 

I'm messing around with the S5. The fingerprint reader is a joke. Apple nailed it with theirs. This one you have to swipe downwards. I haven't been able to unlock the phone on the first try yet! Holding the phone feels markedly better than the M8 though...although not nearly as nice as the N5 or G2. The camera is better than the others though. The S5 doesn't feel nearly as cheap as the past few Galaxies. The dimpled back is a lot less slippery than the M8 or G2 (doesn't come close to the N5). TouchWiz doesn't seem as ugly anymore (not that I would leave it on here). It's not as clownish.

I'm sure you haven't had enough time with it..but when you do which one out of the two would you prefer as your daily driver :nerd:

I'm sure you haven't had enough time with it..but when you do which one out of the two would you prefer as your daily driver :nerd:

Right now as I have the phones, the HTC because I am running Vanilla Android. When the S5 gets Vanilla I will prefer that one. Out of the box though...It's hard to say. I don't really care for skins, so I would have to base it on feel and camera. Based on that criteria, I would pick the Galaxy. It's less clumsy feeling and has a better camera. Still....G2 & N5 > M8 & S5

Man those specs is useless with a smartphone.  People are so uptight over specs.. Only thing app devs will do now is make there apps more  power hungry just to use it when really it is good  anyways

Basically :lol: excessive specs at this point are useless

Having da latest and greatest ain't **** no mo
Yeah I see that. I love my n5 and it is cheap and a beast. Before that I had a galaxy s2 :lol: but it was rooted and running the newest android always. It was barely hanging on though. Joint had been to Nam and back. Straight trooper.

Right now as I have the phones, the HTC because I am running Vanilla Android. When the S5 gets Vanilla I will prefer that one. Out of the box though...It's hard to say. I don't really care for skins, so I would have to base it on feel and camera. Based on that criteria, I would pick the Galaxy. It's less clumsy feeling and has a better camera. Still....G2 & N5 > M8 & S5

That last part is extremely hard for me to believe and ridiculous considering these phones are brand new and haven't been put through their paces yet. The screens, battery, software, cameras, etc. are all improved on the One and S5. G2 and N5 are great devices but they are in no means "better" than these new phones. Especially the GPE of the new One

Back
Top Bottom