• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the reason iMessage is so successful is because you don't have to download anything its just there, no need to add friends,download apps, etc. IDK why google just doesn't do the same thing for hangouts, its almost as if they don't even believe in their own product.

Like I said, It is because of all these damn manufacturers pushing their agendas into Android. They have their own visions on messaging applications. That is why there will never be 1 universal android messaging system.

Cerberus is giving away the lifetime licence for free today only.

Has anyone used this before?

Nothing. Its bbm. But ten years later and now apple created so obv its revolutionary now lol

Nah nobody said its revolutionary it just works point blank, lol y'all boys know hangouts is trash don't even know why y'all don't accept it, google needs to revamp it stat but more than likely they just use it to collect data and don't even care it's not good

Nothing. Its bbm. But ten years later and now apple created so obv its revolutionary now lol
Thats a great example. Its BBM on a much larger platform. The number of people on IOS is what makes it work so well. Out of my 14 friend circle I am one of two people without an iDevice.

Nexus 5 user on T-Mobile 30$ plan

When I first got the phone I would have no problems using the phone as a hotspot as long as I'd use a super agent thing on the laptop. Now even with it it just redirects me to the T-Mobile site.

Anyone know any workarounds? Thanks

Lots of ppl like other messaging apps/interfaces. I stick with stock.

I tried the new hangouts and it's doodoo

I was on hangouts since it dropped first day. It works perfect with vanilla. But not so much on others.

iMessage>

OnePlus has a list of phones that are eligible for the smash thing. Looks like I'm out of the race because I'm not gonna smash my N5 and have no phone for the x amount of days its gonna take to get this one.

I have never used Imessage do I really don't know what is about. However, I have never had problems using the stock messenger. Group messages I believe can go out individually or via MMS do everyone can answer.

Either way messenger had never been a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
OnePlus has a list of phones that are eligible for the smash thing. Looks like I'm out of the race because I'm not gonna smash my N5 and have no phone for the x amount of days its gonna take to get this one.

I would be down to smash my phone and wait for a Oneplus One since I can always use a backup. But I have a Nexus 4 and thats not even on the list.. :smh:

What makes imessage so good? Never had an Iphone.

That question is essentially like saying "what's so good about talking on the phone", this isn't about technological superiority it's about having the best functionality for a feature everyone uses which is messaging. Group messaging apps are far superior to standard texting, but what good is a group messagingn app when it isn't a standard that everyone can simply pick and and use out the box? When people download apps typically it's for special niche things that interest them, forms of communication should be handled IMO by the OS creator. iMessage you have FaceTime, VOIP, group messaging, etc all in one. Literally can use your iPod as a fully functional phone over seas if you have wifi with out have to worrying about ads and crap you get in majority of VOIP/group messaging apps. It simply just works, quit trying to over think the concept of why iMessage is the best communication system out now lol. IMO Google could have EASILY best apple to the finish line with this thy already had google chat or whatever and google voice all they needed to do was throw them together and make it the standard form of messaging between android devices

Not suprising, folks are NOT reading the rules to the phone smashing contest are are breaking their phones before they're chosen to do so. :smh:

Looks like some of the sites don't like the promotion either:

Don't smash anything: OnePlus uses a bad idea to give away 100 phones

Editorial
By Phil Nickinson | Apr 25 2014 | 10:42 am | 15 Comments

Upstart OnePlus is giving away 100 of its new "One" smartphones — which came out from under wraps this week — for those willing to smash a current high-end smartphone.

This is a bad idea. You should not do it. Please do not smash your phone — especially not yet.

So here's the deal. You'll initially be registering for a chance to smash your phone. If you've already smashed it, you're SOL. Sorry, Charlie. OnePlus will randomly pick 100 folks to smash phones on camera. In exchange they'll get a free 16GB One, plus three invites to purchase more.

There are a couple more catches:

First, you have to be in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kon SAR China, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom or the United States. Don't live there? You're SOL.

Next, you'll have to have one of the applicable phones. They include the iPhone 5, 5c and 5s, BlackBerry Z10, or Z30; HTC One M8, One M7 and One Max, LG G Flex, G2, G Pro 2 or Nexus 5, Motorola Moto X, Nokia Lumia 1020, 1520, 920 or 925; a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or Note 3; or a Galaxy S3, S4 or S5; or a Sony Xperia Z, Z2, Z Ultra, Z1. Already smash a perfectly good something else? You're SOL.

That's not even what makes this a bad idea. Dumb promotional stunts are fine. That's what the Internet is for. But this is just wasteful, plain and simple, to say nothing of it being dangerous. And remember, "OnePlus is not liable for any damage or injury incurred to the smasher, surrounding persons or any equipment used during the shooting of each smash video."

Smashing a perfectly good anything is stupid and wasteful.

What you should do instead

Anything, really. Here are but a few suggestions:
•Keep it as a backup. (Duh.)
•Give it to someone else. (Also, duh.)
•Hang onto your phone and make a perfectly good mp3 player out of it.
•If you've got a high-end device, chances are you can take advantage of HTC's Power to Give program, wherein you just leave it plugged in and let projects borrow the processing power.
•Trade it in to any of a number of places.
•Donate to Cell Phones for Soldiers. (Thanks, Russell and Chris, for that idea.)
•Or to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
•Or to Secure the Call.
•Or to anyone or anything else.

Just, please. Don't smash it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom