• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Price is the main thing holding the Pixel back. It sounds like a great phone but not for the price especially when u can get a 64gb 6P for $500 I think once it drops to around the $500 price for the XL (and it should soon for their sake) it'll move more units. If they wait for a year to drop it, it's a moot point because it's considered old and something better will come out. Best to do it before Samsung drops the S8/S8 Edge

Fenix is worth it.
After a bit more reading I ended up going with Talon. Had $2.50 in Google Play Credits so it was pretty much free. So no harm done f I end up not liking it. I'll keep Fenix in my back pocket for now.

Price is the main thing holding the Pixel back. It sounds like a great phone but not for the price especially when u can get a 64gb 6P for $500 I think once it drops to around the $500 price for the XL (and it should soon for their sake) it'll move more units. If they wait for a year to drop it, it's a moot point because it's considered old and something better will come out. Best to do it before Samsung drops the S8/S8 Edge

Pricing seemed to be everybodies main gripe, but, that aint stop it from being sold out. You cant order a pixel xl at all right now in any color/storage size. Dont think they will be dropping the price no time soon.

Pricing seemed to be everybodies main gripe, but, that aint stop it from being sold out. You cant order a pixel xl at all right now in any color/storage size. Dont think they will be dropping the price no time soon.

Supply and Demand, they limited released them joints to create hype, aint foolin nobody :lol: Apple and Samsung (maybe not so much anymore) the only companies that can sell an $800 phone like a short stack from IHOP.

Supply and Demand, they limited released them joints to create hype, aint foolin nobody :lol: Apple and Samsung (maybe not so much anymore) the only companies that can sell an $800 phone like a short stack from IHOP.

Facts

The pixel is still the best thing out here though, so whether the hype is fabricated or not the phone lives up to the billing, as long as you don't need waterproof or stereo sound

Facts

The pixel is still the best thing out here though, so whether the hype is fabricated or not the phone lives up to the billing, as long as you don't need waterproof or stereo sound

People aint give a rats behind about a waterproof phone until Samsung released one and prior to what did people do, not get their phones wet :lol: Dudes acting like they wanna go swimming w/ their phones or bathe with them now all of a sudden. U can make an electronic device "waterproof" only to a certain extent, then science comes into play.

But all in all, I just need Google to release another Nexus Player :lol:

Dont think we realize how great the Pixel is. Google finally released a phone with flawless software, great specs, amazing battery life, screen, and camera. If it wasn't so wack design wise it would literally be the perfect phone. Go back to Huawei for the Pixel 2 and they might get $800 from me

Last edited:
Supply and Demand, they limited released them joints to create hype, aint foolin nobody
laugh.gif
Apple and Samsung (maybe not so much anymore) the only companies that can sell an $800 phone like a short stack from IHOP.
More than hype I think it was them taking the safe route and getting a feel for demand
People aint give a rats behind about a waterproof phone until Samsung released one and prior to what did people do, not get their phones wet
laugh.gif
Dudes acting like they wanna go swimming w/ their phones or bathe with them now all of a sudden. U can make an electronic device "waterproof" only to a certain extent, then science comes into play.

But all in all, I just need Google to release another Nexus Player
laugh.gif
I wanna swim and bathe with mine. When I had my Note 7 I was in the shower with mine and when we went tubin' in Austin I had mine out with no worries. I am one of the few that was gonna use that feature to the full service

I've spoken about this before but I plan on launching a YouTube channel, dedicated to phone reviews

Created a survey to see what ya'll may be looking for 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MDS8WWM

Giving reps out to those who put their username at the end.  All help is appreciated. 
nthat.gif

I've been meaning to do this for the past few years, been using the excuse of "I don't have a clean room to record in" for far too long. Good luck to you man, you bout to live the dream

I read an article stating that this RCS stuff in it's current form is a joke.

Carriers have the option to make it interoperable with other carriers. But as of yet, no carrier has done so. They all wanna make it seem like their RCS is better than X carrier's RCS in an effort to get more subscribers. So users on Sprint will only be able to message in RCS with other Sprint users, T-Mobile with T-Mobile, etc.

Last edited:
I think it was posted a few pages ago when Messenger for android added the support but it was for specific carriers and Verizon was not even included.

Carriers have the option to make it interoperable with other carriers. But as of yet, no carrier has done so. They all wanna make it seem like their RCS is better than X carrier's RCS in an effort to get more subscribers. So users on Sprint will only be able to message in RCS with other Sprint users, T-Mobile with T-Mobile, etc.

This one?

This one?
Yep that's the one.

nonreplaceable battery isn't an issue?

I find it to be handy if the phone hangs and I'm on my 2nd one now for this phone.

edit: and as always, thanks for your response 8)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom