Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by rillo561

Big thanks man, sorry to quote all this but do I flash this from zip in recovery? Thanks again.

Look at the text your quoting, and delete.

Yes, you flash the zip is recovery, like always.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

It was a cool tablet, pretty fast, flash support, etc. UI is
eek.gif
, don't eem need to root it.

iPad is just right for my entertainment needs, i was thinkin bout coppin the iPhone soon but, now that I got the iPad, I'm good. Damn that lil !%% phone.

I like IPad as well, but this thing is bananas rooted 

It was a cool tablet, pretty fast, flash support, etc. UI is
eek.gif
, don't eem need to root it.

iPad is just right for my entertainment needs, i was thinkin bout coppin the iPhone soon but, now that I got the iPad, I'm good. Damn that lil !%% phone.

I like IPad as well, but this thing is bananas rooted 

Thanks Nawzlew, I tried doing that but when I tried doing the backup, it needed me to confirm a certain phone model, which mine wasnt on the list? So I just never continued

Thanks Nawzlew, I tried doing that but when I tried doing the backup, it needed me to confirm a certain phone model, which mine wasnt on the list? So I just never continued

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Got a noob question, if I'm running a custom rom (4.04) will that prevent me from receiving a official update from my carrier? I check daily on my NS4G for my sprint ICS update but I get nothing. Only thing I see on my sprint update tab is 'update PRL' and 'update profile'. Any help will be greatly appreciated, is there a place I can d/l the official rom and just flash it myself? I checked XDA but I don't see an official release.

Thanks.

Here you go.
Factory Images "sojus" for Nexus S 4G (d720, archived, for reference only)

Originally Posted by sreggie101

s3 i read may be a minor update.
anyways, anyone got info on 4.0.5 release for gnex? its taking them forever to release and im about to say f it and root and load 4.0.4.

I'm guessing you have a Verizon GNEX? cause the GSM version already has 4.0.4 which is the current build for Android ICS. Their isn't any 4.0.5 that i know of, and also Verizon is the one who controls the update for the GNEX, not necessarily Google who's going to be release the update to 4.0.4. Verizon does "a lot" of testing before the put out an OTA update. If want 4.0.4 try to find the leak rom image that was released like 2 months ago.

MyColorscreen: explore some of the most beautiful phone homescreens you've ever seen

ntrlsmall_thumb.png

Smartphones and tablets are uniquely personal devices, and one of the great pleasures of using them is arranging your apps, background image, and lockscreen just so. MyColorscreen is a gallery and sharing site that lets you take that pursuit from its audience of one and splashes it across the web. Currently housing over 11,000 different homescreens from Android and iOS users, the site displays not just the screenshots themselves, but also allows you to browse the apps and widgets used, so you can use the stylish creations of others as the basis for your own new set-up — which you can then share back with the community. That said, it's a site better seen and explored than described, so head on over to MyColorscreen and see some of the breathtaking works of smartphone art for yourself.

I know how some you like post homescreen's here is site that takes it even further http://www.mycolorscreen.com

Big thanks man, sorry to quote all this but do I flash this from zip in recovery? Thanks again.

I don't post there like that, that site keeps giving me !%@# when I post, plus there's tons of ppl on there that's screenies are
eek.gif
. Make me not eem wanna post on there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Got a noob question, if I'm running a custom rom (4.04) will that prevent me from receiving a official update from my carrier? I check daily on my NS4G for my sprint ICS update but I get nothing. Only thing I see on my sprint update tab is 'update PRL' and 'update profile'. Any help will be greatly appreciated, is there a place I can d/l the official rom and just flash it myself? I checked XDA but I don't see an official release.

Thanks.

Here you go.
Factory Images "sojus" for Nexus S 4G (d720, archived, for reference only)

Originally Posted by sreggie101

s3 i read may be a minor update.
anyways, anyone got info on 4.0.5 release for gnex? its taking them forever to release and im about to say f it and root and load 4.0.4.

I'm guessing you have a Verizon GNEX? cause the GSM version already has 4.0.4 which is the current build for Android ICS. Their isn't any 4.0.5 that i know of, and also Verizon is the one who controls the update for the GNEX, not necessarily Google who's going to be release the update to 4.0.4. Verizon does "a lot" of testing before the put out an OTA update. If want 4.0.4 try to find the leak rom image that was released like 2 months ago.

MyColorscreen: explore some of the most beautiful phone homescreens you've ever seen

ntrlsmall_thumb.png

Smartphones and tablets are uniquely personal devices, and one of the great pleasures of using them is arranging your apps, background image, and lockscreen just so. MyColorscreen is a gallery and sharing site that lets you take that pursuit from its audience of one and splashes it across the web. Currently housing over 11,000 different homescreens from Android and iOS users, the site displays not just the screenshots themselves, but also allows you to browse the apps and widgets used, so you can use the stylish creations of others as the basis for your own new set-up — which you can then share back with the community. That said, it's a site better seen and explored than described, so head on over to MyColorscreen and see some of the breathtaking works of smartphone art for yourself.

I know how some you like post homescreen's here is site that takes it even further http://www.mycolorscreen.com

I don't post there like that, that site keeps giving me !%@# when I post, plus there's tons of ppl on there that's screenies are
eek.gif
laugh.gif

i take back what i said about my NS4G being smooth with ICS.

!#@ is laggy and crap now. While I enjoy the freedom and the deep integration found within the Android OS, my stuff hasn't been hardly functional. my contract is up in August and maybe I make the jump to the iPhone 5

!#@ is laggy and crap now. While I enjoy the freedom and the deep integration found within the Android OS, my stuff hasn't been hardly functional. my contract is up in August and maybe I make the jump to the iPhone 5

Originally Posted by solelistikn1ke1ne

my evo 4g is pissing me off. the "phone storage too low" icon keeps popping up and i have to move data to my sd card in order to clear up space but it eventually reappears. anyone have possible solutions?

As someone else mentioned, "clear cache" helps. But download "Apps2SD" and it'll make it easier to scan all your apps that can be moved onto the SD for you to move.
If you have moved all of them to SD and STILL get that message then you have way too many apps and a temp fix is to just uninstall what you honestly just don't use. But as also mentioned, time for an upgrade. That's a 2 yr old phone. Today's phone's have way more internal memory/RAM.

Originally Posted by solelistikn1ke1ne

my evo 4g is pissing me off. the "phone storage too low" icon keeps popping up and i have to move data to my sd card in order to clear up space but it eventually reappears. anyone have possible solutions?

As someone else mentioned, "clear cache" helps. But download "Apps2SD" and it'll make it easier to scan all your apps that can be moved onto the SD for you to move.
If you have moved all of them to SD and STILL get that message then you have way too many apps and a temp fix is to just uninstall what you honestly just don't use. But as also mentioned, time for an upgrade. That's a 2 yr old phone. Today's phone's have way more internal memory/RAM.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Do you use Chrome browser when you go on MCS? If so then just clear your cache. It happens when they update the site, it gets all crazy with Chrome.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Do you use Chrome browser when you go on MCS? If so then just clear your cache. It happens when they update the site, it gets all crazy with Chrome.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

How about jumping to a real android phone tho , Evo LTE, GS3, New Nexus dropping this year. The NS4G is almost 2 years old and also very buggy device ics or not you should not let your experience with that phone turn you off of Android.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

How about jumping to a real android phone tho , Evo LTE, GS3, New Nexus dropping this year. The NS4G is almost 2 years old and also very buggy device ics or not you should not let your experience with that phone turn you off of Android.

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I rarely use chrome, I use FF and I even try on my phone browser (miren) and still effs up. They just do an update tho.

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I rarely use chrome, I use FF and I even try on my phone browser (miren) and still effs up. They just do an update tho.

So I read the last 15 pages or so of this thread & looks like that Galaxy Nexus will be mine come RD. I just cracked the screen of my 5th EVO, and originally wanted to see if the Note (Journal) would make it to Sprint, but then I thought "I can't even fit that *$% into my pocket probably."

Anyone know how to get out of at ETF for Sprint? lol, I'm due for an upgrade, just hate the thought of being under contract.

So I read the last 15 pages or so of this thread & looks like that Galaxy Nexus will be mine come RD. I just cracked the screen of my 5th EVO, and originally wanted to see if the Note (Journal) would make it to Sprint, but then I thought "I can't even fit that *$% into my pocket probably."

Anyone know how to get out of at ETF for Sprint? lol, I'm due for an upgrade, just hate the thought of being under contract.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Did the Samsung Galaxy SIII Just Show Up in Vietnam?[/h1]
Samsung's Galaxy SIII is due to launch officially on May 3rd. We've already seen some blurry images of what might be the phone—but now an even more convincing example has surfaced in Vietnam.

Engadget reports that the handset showed up on Vietnamese site Tinhte—though the original page is now down. No worries: we still have the pictures and specs that were leaked.

According to the leak, the phone—going by model number GT-I9300—packs: a 720 x 1184 4.6-inch display (that's 320 DPI), a quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, a 2,050mAh battery, an 8-megapixel camera and 16GB of storage.

There also appears to be some kind of plastic rim around this leaked device, making it look slightly larger than it actually is and disguising the edge of the handset.

It's difficult to know for certain if this is the real deal, but the images certainly look more convincing than a lot of leaks we see. Also, Tinhte has in the past scooped both the current-gen iPad and the original Galaxy Tab prior to their official release—so it has strong past form. [Tinhte via Engadget]

Full size
medium.jpg

Contact Jamie Condliffe:

http://gizmodo.com/5903673/did-the-samsung-galaxy-siii-just-show-up-in-vietnam

BTW, glad to see the HTC One X is gonna be $199 instead of $299...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Did the Samsung Galaxy SIII Just Show Up in Vietnam?[/h1]
Samsung's Galaxy SIII is due to launch officially on May 3rd. We've already seen some blurry images of what might be the phone—but now an even more convincing example has surfaced in Vietnam.

Engadget reports that the handset showed up on Vietnamese site Tinhte—though the original page is now down. No worries: we still have the pictures and specs that were leaked.

According to the leak, the phone—going by model number GT-I9300—packs: a 720 x 1184 4.6-inch display (that's 320 DPI), a quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, a 2,050mAh battery, an 8-megapixel camera and 16GB of storage.

There also appears to be some kind of plastic rim around this leaked device, making it look slightly larger than it actually is and disguising the edge of the handset.

It's difficult to know for certain if this is the real deal, but the images certainly look more convincing than a lot of leaks we see. Also, Tinhte has in the past scooped both the current-gen iPad and the original Galaxy Tab prior to their official release—so it has strong past form. [Tinhte via Engadget]

Full size
medium.jpg

Contact Jamie Condliffe:

http://gizmodo.com/5903673/did-the-samsung-galaxy-siii-just-show-up-in-vietnam

BTW, glad to see the HTC One X is gonna be $199 instead of $299...

Back
Top Bottom