• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I aint eem worried bout the S3 til the official +!*! is out. 
grin.gif

This GS3 hype is out of control . The GS3 is basically gonna be a GS2 with a Super Amoled plus HD display, 4412 Quad core CPU, and the same Mali-400 GPU found in the S2. If it would've dropped with the dual core Exynos 5250 this would've been a game changer because of the A15 architecture but instead it's another A9 chip. Quad core or not you won't see much difference in performance compared to the dual core Exynos in the GS2. The Snapdragon S4 will outperform this just like it does the Tegra 3 this is definitely an "incremental upgrade" like the guys at Cnet were reporting.

This GS3 hype is out of control . The GS3 is basically gonna be a GS2 with a Super Amoled plus HD display, 4412 Quad core CPU, and the same Mali-400 GPU found in the S2. If it would've dropped with the dual core Exynos 5250 this would've been a game changer because of the A15 architecture but instead it's another A9 chip. Quad core or not you won't see much difference in performance compared to the dual core Exynos in the GS2. The Snapdragon S4 will outperform this just like it does the Tegra 3 this is definitely an "incremental upgrade" like the guys at Cnet were reporting.

anyone load music on their device? is there a good software i can use to manage my files both music and anything else? i use a simple file transfer device and it sucks, UI and stability
sick.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

anyone load music on their device? is there a good software i can use to manage my files both music and anything else? i use a simple file transfer device and it sucks, UI and stability
sick.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Nah, the 4412 will have a Mali-T604. Remember last year's Tegra 2 and how it was considered amazing? And then the GSII came out with Exynos and smoked it and everything else? They both had dual core A9's, but the Exynos was faster. I expect the same to happen with the GSIII, and it'll be at least on the same level as the S4 if not faster. On-screen buttons are also a first for devices other than the Nexus. I think the GSIII will be the phone of the year if Apple doesn't hit a home run with the iPhone 5.

Nah, the 4412 will have a Mali-T604. Remember last year's Tegra 2 and how it was considered amazing? And then the GSII came out with Exynos and smoked it and everything else? They both had dual core A9's, but the Exynos was faster. I expect the same to happen with the GSIII, and it'll be at least on the same level as the S4 if not faster. On-screen buttons are also a first for devices other than the Nexus. I think the GSIII will be the phone of the year if Apple doesn't hit a home run with the iPhone 5.

Nah bro the Exynos 4412 will have the Mali-400 GPU the Exynos 5250 will have the Mali-604

[h1]http://www.grandmax.net/2012/02/samsung-exynos-4412-quad-core-vs-nvidia.html[/h1]
[h1]Samsung Exynos 4412 (quad core) vs Nvidia Tegra 3 (quad core)[/h1]
9:27 PMPosted byMoses Brose
Last year Nvidia demonstrated their flagship quad core ARM Cortex A9 processor called Tegra 3 also known as Kal-El, this year we saw some high-end tablets and some super phones powered by Tegra 3. Samsung also will demonstrate a super phone which is their successor of the Samsung Galaxy S 2 called Samsung Galaxy S 3; rumors believe this phone will power by Exynos 4412 SoC which is Samsung’s high-end Cortex A9 quad core processor. So I decided to do a comparison between these two processors, Nvidia Tegra 3 and Samsung Exynos 4412.

Nvidia Tegra 3’s predecessor Tegra 2 is a Cortex A9 dual core processor running at 1GHz and it has a ULP GeForce GPU. Tegra 2’s GPU can push up to 4.8 GFLOPS of calculation power at 300MHz. According to some benchmarks Tegra 3 has 2 to 3 times more graphics performance than the predecessor. Samsung Exynos 4412’s predecessor is also a dual core Cortex A9 processor called Samusng Exynos 4212 (32nm version) and 4210. Samsung Galaxy S 2 was powered by Exynos 4210; this previous Exynos 4 series powered by Mali-400 GPU. ARM Mali-400 can perform up to 10.8 GFLOPS at 300MHz. so let’s get in to the step by step comparison.
http://
CPU Horsepower
Nvidia Tegra 3 also known as Kal-El running at 1.4GHz and it has 1MB L2 cache; this SoC is a power horse, the four cores can work independently with the highest frequencies possible. (Last year Nvidia claimed that it can outperform an Intel Core2duo but finally those results were proofed as wrong) Nvidia Tegra 3 recently scored 4412 points on Quadrant benchmark software, so these are the good features at the same time Nvidia Tegra 3 has some minus points too, first it’s manufactured under 40nm, second it doesn’t support dual channel memory controllers, and third Kal-El GeForce GPU is not the best powerful GPU out there. Now let’s see the Samsung’s Exynos 4412 quad core specs, it’s a Cortex A9 quad core running at 1.5GHz and it’s manufactured under 32nm fabrication, this is the biggest advantage you can see comparing to Tegra 3. Samsung announced that they have switched to high-k materials and metal gates (HKMG) and further claimed it can provide superior performance with less power than conventional poly-Si/SiON used at 45nm. Samsung demonstrated that Exynos 4212 (32nm version) SoC can produce 35% to 50% more horsepower than the older Exynos 4210 (45nm version). So clearly Exynos 4412 quad core wins the “CPU Horsepower

Nah bro the Exynos 4412 will have the Mali-400 GPU the Exynos 5250 will have the Mali-604

[h1]http://www.grandmax.net/2012/02/samsung-exynos-4412-quad-core-vs-nvidia.html[/h1]
[h1]Samsung Exynos 4412 (quad core) vs Nvidia Tegra 3 (quad core)[/h1]
9:27 PMPosted byMoses Brose
Last year Nvidia demonstrated their flagship quad core ARM Cortex A9 processor called Tegra 3 also known as Kal-El, this year we saw some high-end tablets and some super phones powered by Tegra 3. Samsung also will demonstrate a super phone which is their successor of the Samsung Galaxy S 2 called Samsung Galaxy S 3; rumors believe this phone will power by Exynos 4412 SoC which is Samsung’s high-end Cortex A9 quad core processor. So I decided to do a comparison between these two processors, Nvidia Tegra 3 and Samsung Exynos 4412.

Nvidia Tegra 3’s predecessor Tegra 2 is a Cortex A9 dual core processor running at 1GHz and it has a ULP GeForce GPU. Tegra 2’s GPU can push up to 4.8 GFLOPS of calculation power at 300MHz. According to some benchmarks Tegra 3 has 2 to 3 times more graphics performance than the predecessor. Samsung Exynos 4412’s predecessor is also a dual core Cortex A9 processor called Samusng Exynos 4212 (32nm version) and 4210. Samsung Galaxy S 2 was powered by Exynos 4210; this previous Exynos 4 series powered by Mali-400 GPU. ARM Mali-400 can perform up to 10.8 GFLOPS at 300MHz. so let’s get in to the step by step comparison.
http://
CPU Horsepower
Nvidia Tegra 3 also known as Kal-El running at 1.4GHz and it has 1MB L2 cache; this SoC is a power horse, the four cores can work independently with the highest frequencies possible. (Last year Nvidia claimed that it can outperform an Intel Core2duo but finally those results were proofed as wrong) Nvidia Tegra 3 recently scored 4412 points on Quadrant benchmark software, so these are the good features at the same time Nvidia Tegra 3 has some minus points too, first it’s manufactured under 40nm, second it doesn’t support dual channel memory controllers, and third Kal-El GeForce GPU is not the best powerful GPU out there. Now let’s see the Samsung’s Exynos 4412 quad core specs, it’s a Cortex A9 quad core running at 1.5GHz and it’s manufactured under 32nm fabrication, this is the biggest advantage you can see comparing to Tegra 3. Samsung announced that they have switched to high-k materials and metal gates (HKMG) and further claimed it can provide superior performance with less power than conventional poly-Si/SiON used at 45nm. Samsung demonstrated that Exynos 4212 (32nm version) SoC can produce 35% to 50% more horsepower than the older Exynos 4210 (45nm version). So clearly Exynos 4412 quad core wins the “CPU Horsepower

I might as well wait for another phone to come out sometime this year..........Im not really big on the nexus, and the SSGSIII doesnt look like much of an upgrade over the II. I might get it off of craigslist a few months after release, but i wont have it anytime near the release date.

my contract is up with sprint in july..........might even swith to AT&T since the lte service just came here. (23% discount, so it wont be THAT expensive)

I might as well wait for another phone to come out sometime this year..........Im not really big on the nexus, and the SSGSIII doesnt look like much of an upgrade over the II. I might get it off of craigslist a few months after release, but i wont have it anytime near the release date.

my contract is up with sprint in july..........might even swith to AT&T since the lte service just came here. (23% discount, so it wont be THAT expensive)

You're right, the previous rumors suggested the 4412 would have the T-604. That's pretty disappointing, I hope they clock it higher.

Back
Top Bottom