• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sites are saying that it has the same plasticky feel as the previous gen. Im prolly gunna pick up an htc with aluminum body. Im sick of samsung coming out with top of the line phones with cheeap build quality

This just made me that much happier about my Nexus purchase. Keep that GS3 crap that will have to wait probably half a for Jellybean.

[h1]Samsung Galaxy S III coming to Sprint, sources say[/h1]
By Chris Ziegler on May 3, 2012 02:13 pm 34Comments

GALAXY_S_III_Product_Image__8__W_large_verge_medium_portrait.jpg

Just to add a bit more to the discussion. I think we were all expecting to be blown away by this announcement, but compared to the EVO LTE, there is not a huge improvement. The software sounds impressive though. Might be pre ordering my EVO now.

ITS PEN-TILE??????????????? OHHHHHHHHHH HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evo LTE it is..........smfh!!!!!!!!!!

Battery is a HUGE concern of mine. I don't know how anyone does it without spares and extendeds. Is the Galaxy 3 removable?

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Battery is a HUGE concern of mine. I don't know how anyone does it without spares and extendeds. Is the Galaxy 3 removable?

You're not alone, main reason I was bashing One X, its small and non-removable.

Originally Posted by solesavage

copped idc idc idc.

Yeah Im picking up the GS3 over the EVO. 
But im worried about them removing the home button as well, what they gonna put in that blank space?
sick.gif

ill have to see the screen in person then........because from the looks of it, its not the same type of Pen-Tile that motorola uses.

But if it is, ill be getting the new evo instead. (although i dont like the non-removable battery thing)

It's the same display as the G-Nex...

[h3]http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...ii-wont-have-a-quad-core-processor-in-the-us/[/h3]
[h3]Yep, It's Pretty Likely The Galaxy S III Won't Have A Quad-Core Processor In The US[/h3]

Posted by David Ruddock in Galaxy S III, News, Rumors, Samsung

If you've been following the Galaxy S II Skyrocket don't use an Exynos chip. Devices with Exynos 4 chips that do, like the Galaxy Tab 7.7 LTE, use an external one - adding thickness and increasing power consumption.

While Samsung has hinted at times that the Exynos 4412 chip could, in theory, support LTE with an external (read: adding thickness, weight, decreasing battery life) modem, nothing concrete has come of those rumblings. It also seems fairly unlikely that Samsung would design an entirely different version of the 4412 chip just for US phones.

Given that the global versions of the Galaxy S III "could" be using alternatives to the quad-core chipset, and when a company admits something like that "could happen," we all know it really means "will happen."

This has one of two outcomes. Either Samsung is planning on introducing its Exynos 5 dual-core platform in the US, which is based on ARM15 architecture - this is the more unlikely option, since it's not scheduled for production until Q2 2012, aka right now (usually there's a delay from production to introduction in hardware) - or we'll see Snapdragon S4-powered One X), and second, the LTE chip is integrated on the main board, meaning no compromises on thickness or weight, and much less so on battery life.

One exclusion to this "rule" may be T-Mobile, who have yet to set out a timeline for their LTE network rollout. It seems exceptionally unlikely they'll have one rolled out in time to make launching the Galaxy S III in the US.

It's all speculation at this point, but it's grounded in pretty solid evidence, and for the aforementioned reasons, we're pretty confident Exynos Quad won't be showing up on at least three of the "Big Four."

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

ill have to see the screen in person then........because from the looks of it, its not the same type of Pen-Tile that motorola uses.

But if it is, ill be getting the new evo instead. (although i dont like the non-removable battery thing)

The high pixel density(720p) on the Galaxy Nexus you won't be able to notice the Pen-Tile RGB, I have a really good eye for things too i don't have no complaints. I've played with the Razr maxx and the screen is pretty terrible, we both know Pen-Tile on moto phones are annoying but it doesn't have the same 720p pixel pushing as the Galaxy Nexus and now the SGS3. You can't really compare the two.

I'm looking into the S-beam feature and that's pretty
eek.gif
sick. Overall Software feature wise Touchwiz "Nature" beats HTC SENSE 4.0 hands down.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

The high pixel density(720p) on the Galaxy Nexus you won't be able to notice the Pen-Tile RGB, I have a really good eye for things too i don't have no complaints. I've played with the Razr maxx and the screen is pretty terrible, we both know Pen-Tile on moto phones are annoying but it doesn't have the same 720p pixel pushing as the Galaxy Nexus and now the SGS3. You can't really compare the two.

eek.gif
sick. Overall Software feature wise Touchwiz "Nature" beats HTC SENSE 4.0 hands down.

lets not act like these new touchwiz features arent varient iphone features...

and why the hell are you guys still getting roped into buying non nexus phones YOU ALREADY KNOW you arent getting Jellybean till summer 2013 if it drops this fall.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Samsung Galaxy S III gets benchmarked, shows plenty of promise[/h1]
By Daniel Cooper posted May 3rd 2012 5:01PM

Feature

Hands-On

We're here on the floor at the Samsung Galaxy S III launch and we've just managed to get some alone time with the unit to get some benchmarks. Now, let's stress that the handset is a pre-production model, so we can't take these as gospel truth, but it's a good indication of how powerful that Quad-Core Exynos really is. The only thing that isn't working is SunSpider, since our results just didn't tally with the other tests available, so hopefully it's just a quirk. Head on past the break for a dose of nitty and a sprinkling of gritty.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] Samsung Galaxy S III[/td] [td] HTC One X (AT&T)[/td] [td] HTC One X (global)[/td] [td] HTC One S (global)[/td] [td] Samsung Galaxy Note (global)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Quadrant (v2)[/td] [td] 5,189[/td] [td] 5183[/td] [td] 4,906[/td] [td] 5,053[/td] [td] 3,854[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Linpack single-thread (MFLOPS)[/td] [td] 51.337[/td] [td] 103.77[/td] [td] 48.54[/td] [td] 103.88[/td] [td] 64.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Linpack multi-thread (MFLOPS)[/td] [td] 101.606[/td] [td] 214.53[/td] [td] 150.54[/td] [td] 222.22[/td] [td] 95.66[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NenaMark2 (fps)[/td] [td] 58.8[/td] [td] 58.7[/td] [td] 47.6[/td] [td] 61.0[/td] [td] 32.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td] NenaMark1 (fps)[/td] [td] 59.8[/td] [td] 58.6[/td] [td] 59.5[/td] [td] 60.8[/td] [td] 56.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Vellamo[/td] [td] 2094[/td] [td] 2350[/td] [td] 1,617[/td] [td] 2,452[/td] [td] 901[/td] [/tr][tr][td] SunSpider 9.1 (ms, lower numbers are better)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] 1709[/td] [td] 1,772.5[/td] [td] 1,742.5[/td] [td] 2,902[/td][/tr][/table]

Snapdragon S4 SMOKES Quad-core Exynos 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

eek.gif

and why the hell are you guys still getting roped into buying non nexus phones YOU ALREADY KNOW you arent getting Jellybean till summer 2013 if it drops this fall.

im not getting roped into anything........when you root your phone, you usually have the updates around the same time as the galaxy nexus phones........Just like ive had it on my GSII for months.pipe down.........im SURE the updates arent gonna be that big of a deal from now on anyway. and if i want the phone, then ill buy it........lol, what an ameature

eek.gif

im not getting roped into anything........when you root your phone, you usually have the updates around the same time as the galaxy nexus phones........Just like ive had it on my GSII for months.pipe down.........im SURE the updates arent gonna be that big of a deal from now on anyway. and if i want the phone, then ill buy it........lol, what an ameature
well since im not an android pro do these roms retain any touchwiz features? if not than whats the point of talking about the new software features if its not going to be available when you switch roms...again not an android pro

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by DroSeph

^^ They say that it's coming to the US in June.

They also said ICS would be rolled out to devices at the beginning of March...
They also said the Skyrocket HD would be out in Q1...
Should I trust them this time? Or just buy an iphone?

well since im not an android pro do these roms retain any touchwiz features? if not than whats the point of talking about the new software features if its not going to be available when you switch roms...again not an android pro

mostly, yes.......The roms are usually leaks of the official updates for the actual phone, which havent been perfected.I doubt jelly bean is much of an upgrade over ICS...........There is nothing to be done other than tweaking the UI and a few functions. I cant imagine what else can be added to make it THAT much better to where i wont want to wait on the update.

Back
Top Bottom