Was in Toronto over the long weekend. Vol. Why are Canadians so WEIRD!?

Bad bishes in Toronto, all the flavors :pimp: ...Those cats up there are different tho but that’s just them, they be chillin

I am a weirdo in that I don’t abscribe to typical sociatal standard, nothing more, nothing less. I’ve been passporting heavy way before it ever become the cool. The opportunity to hit T DOT arrived with my homies bachelor party, I’ve never been even though half of my life was spent in Detroit. No one in my crew is a square, cornball, or lame by any American standard for those descriptions, but even then, if we gotta wear a certain uniform to fit in then it’s obviously not the spot for me. One of the clubs wouldn’t let us in because we had on sneakers (Nike’s, off whites maxes, blazers) while we watched folks just passed the line with sneakers on. One of the local cats we chopped it up with said the bouncer wanted cash or really didn’t want us in the club. I’d expect this in Las Vegas, Miami, NOT Toronto. The dude also said that the rules change from night to night and club to club, Friday we could’ve got in with the same for, Saturday not so much. I don’t have time for games like that.

For those that asked, no yamb chops were had. I danced with a few chicks from Montreal, their parties/girlfriends weren’t having it on two occasions, one chick even asked why I was in here VIP section (my back was facing her section) :lol:

Just a bunch of stuff that made me go “hmmmm, what!?”

2D19B325-0642-46C8-88E4-411F09D11311.gif

Interesting...

Fyi, the spots with dress codes >>. ***** like grown men. Ijs

I went there a few years back and experienced good vibes when I went.
-There were a few people who "reacted" when I said I was American(either they tried to act more hip and asked questions or was put off by it), bit for the most part, they were genuinely nice. In fact, they have better manners than most Americans. They don't try to act all macho like a lot of dudes over here. You're right when you say that they ask alot of questions about you, but I'm cool with that because over here, people usually only ask about your career.
-My lord, the women, I met this gorgeous Chinese/Indian girl over there and she brought me to some good hotspots.
-The food is great over there too and there's a good amount of hip neighborhoods to hang out at. Though, she did tell me that alot of that stuff mellows out in the winter.
-Did you encounter any of the weird slang or people try to sound Jamaican randomly? When I was kicking it with ol girl, her and her friends started talking like that a few times and only two of them were even black, that was the only time I felt out of the loop. I felt like laughing, but I just kept the convo going like it was normal to me.
-Oh yeah, Asians and Middle-Eastern people over there are the "cool" ones, they don't have that nerd stigma that we have over here.

I went there a few years back and experienced good vibes when I went.
-There were a few people who "reacted" when I said I was American(either they tried to act more hip and asked questions or was put off by it), bit for the most part, they were genuinely nice. In fact, they have better manners than most Americans. They don't try to act all macho like a lot of dudes over here. You're right when you say that they ask alot of questions about you, but I'm cool with that because over here, people usually only ask about your career.
-My lord, the women, I met this gorgeous Chinese/Indian girl over there and she brought me to some good hotspots.
-The food is great over there too and there's a good amount of hip neighborhoods to hang out at. Though, she did tell me that alot of that stuff mellows out in the winter.
-Did you encounter any of the weird slang or people try to sound Jamaican randomly? When I was kicking it with ol girl, her and her friends started talking like that a few times and only two of them were even black, that was the only time I felt out of the loop. I felt like laughing, but I just kept the convo going like it was normal to me.
-Oh yeah, Asians and Middle-Eastern people over there are the "cool" ones, they don't have that nerd stigma that we have over here.

Thank you for sharing your observations, fam. The U.S. is one of the most machismo driven places ever, we put a lot of strain on our men to act, talk, look a certain way.. other cultures are like that, but I think it’s full blown done here. I think a few people got offended by my use of “weird” I used it for shock value. :lol:

I f with Canadian people heavy, from the ones I’ve met overseas to the ones I’ve met in the states. I think Montreal/Quebec would be more my speed, because I prefer French/euro culture, food, and French. I just expected more from TO considering the close proximity to the states, but as people pointed out, I met the wrong folks. That shh could happen anywhere.

Alright bro, you experienced our downtown core which most of us local cats stay the 'eff away from. As grimeyy grimeyy

If you're visiting Scarborough again, then you owe it to yourself to check out the bars/clubs in Pickering/Ajax. They're a bit more homely and friendlier. Won't necessarily find the baddest birds but you'll get some great food and better overall treatment.

Yeeaah nah, I would advise against that.

naw..but **** out there is territorial... i dunno how a buncha americans will be treated out there..also you gotta drive far out to get to them places too. Like 45 mins from downtown

Lol ya. I was at a spot in the west end I was smoking a bogey. These two cats were grilling me, one of em thought he knew me but he didn't. Man asks me where I'm from I tell him scarbs, man says "you guys the money makers. We just shoot **** up" :lol:

Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme im from Montreal and I hate that **** snobby **** from Toronto ppl, I end up having to go twice a year and hate going. I agree that they got fine women. Go to TO during Caribana it's a blowmind.

In MTL we dgaf if someone American or whatever. but it'd probly be weird to an outsider since ppl are just casually speaking French all the time.

All the bad tings go to Lost & Found

on monday nights from what I heard.. smh

Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme im from Montreal and I hate that **** snobby **** from Toronto ppl, I end up having to go twice a year and hate going. I agree that they got fine women. Go to TO during Caribana it's a blowmind.

In MTL we dgaf if someone American or whatever. but it'd probly be weird to an outsider since ppl are just casually speaking French all the time.

on monday nights from what I heard.. smh

Montreal, shoot Quebec as a whole, is pretty damn racist. **** that province.

Montreal is as racist as Toronto lol. cant say the same for the rest of Quebec though (they're pure racist). Canada in general is racist af.

Sure there's racism here, but Montreal is definitely the more racist of the two cities, especially towards muslims.

Sure there's racism here, but Montreal is definitely the more racist of the two cities, especially towards muslims.
Don't you guys have a leading mayoral racist candidate who's basically Trump-esque? Our mayor is an anglophone hipster feminist and she's trash.

you were saying? :lol: who tf goes to a schoolboard meeting and rips up the QuRan? :rofl::rofl::rofl: astagfirullah

Idk if that's Toronto or if it falls in the GTA, but that type of stuff doesn't fall inside of the greater region of Montreal. The Quebec City Mosque shooting happened in Quebec City, which isn't part of the MTL metropolitan area. Aint nobody doing that QuRan ripping **** in MTL.

Btw, the reason why that Shark Tank guy stopped runnin to lead the Conservatives was because he knew he couldnt win Quebec, even though he was born here. So you can thank us for that. Kevin O Leary

Last edited:
That's in Mississauga, not Toronto.

Anti-Muslim sentiment higher in Quebec than rest of Canada, study finds
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...bec-than-rest-of-canada-study-finds-1.4577746

That's cool, a study conducted in 2011 on the province of Quebec, no one is arguing against the whole province. I'm comparing Montreal, a city, directly to Toronto, another city, in 2017-2018.

Cool, you're comparing current stuff happening in Toronto to stuff happening 20 years ago in Montreal? I'd love to see your google researches of the city of Montreal in 2017, 2018.

EDIT:

Mississauga is in the GTA...

Just like Laval/Terrebonne and the "municipalities"/suburban areas outside of Montreal are part of the "Metropolitan Region of Montreal" wtf... Same ****.

That's cool, a study conducted in 2011 on the province of Quebec, no one is arguing against the whole province. I'm comparing Montreal, a city, directly to Toronto, another city, in 2017-2018.

Cool, you're comparing current stuff happening in Toronto to stuff happening 20 years ago in Montreal? I'd love to see your google researches of the city of Montreal in 2017, 2018.

EDIT:

Mississauga is in the GTA...

Just like Laval/Terrebonne and the "municipalities"/suburban areas outside of Montreal are part of the "Metropolitan Region of Montreal" wtf... Same ****.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4434028

Montreal also sees rise in hate crimes
Montreal police have also reported a significant increase in hate crimes in 2017, compared to last year.

In the first half of 2017 — between Jan. 1 and June 1 — police received 101 reports of hate crimes or hateful incidents.

In 2016, 137 crimes were reported over the course of the entire year.

Of the 101 reported incidents so far this year, more than half of them, 57, were religiously motivated.

Montreal police don't break down which religions were targeted, but the hate crimes unit did see a big bump in reports immediately after the shooting in Quebec City.

Screenshot_2018-06-07-06-04-38-337_com.android.chrome.jpg

14 hate crime reports in 2 days?

Back
Top Bottom