Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed FTs at the end, but I can't be mad at the effort (especially defensively, we did a great job on Griffin). We got killed in rebounding, but obviously we're not built to match a team like this on the boards.

This is a team that will probably win 60+ games, and we hung with them on the second night of a back-to-back. John got loose too, he looks like he's ready to start playing regular minutes. I know it sounds stupid but this was a great "moral victory" IMO.

Last edited:
I really REALLY wanted the wiz to get the W :smh: I tuned in in the 4th when they began to chip away at the lead. That carry call was so bogus :stoneface: as if every nba player doesn't do it nightly. Clips need a seasoned vet on their squad.i saw glimpses of egos that may need to be humbled, if not that then just pure. Boneheadedness. I hate seeing teams suffer.

So many missed FT's
mean.gif
this.....Wiz did play good out there...especially off a back to back...just need to stay focused and we are good..

But blake ***** griffin with the Oscar winning performance 

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8360/8397545394_d6668ecb05_o.gif

some body post that gif for me..im having trouble..thanks

Last edited:
Wall is a great PG.  Once they get more pieces things will get better.  He's bringing out the best in Beal

From the BF recap:

Nene's clearly not right. Steve Buckhantz mentioned that he's developed tendonitis in his knee to compensate for his foot problems, which is just dandy. He just has absolutely no lift and that kills him against long, athletic teams like the Clippers.

Link

NOT GOOD.

As the trade deadline approaches in a few weeks, I'd like to think that there would be some squad out there who would be willing to take a gamble on Nene - despite his injuries, contract, and age. For as good as he can be when healthy and for as good as he'd be as a quality veteran presence on this roster, he needs to go. I know we all dislike EG....it might be asking too much for him to try to make a smart deal to rid themselves of Nene before the season is up. It's nothing against Nene, because i do like the guy....but we're not going to get the return that was envisioned as he's ALWAYS going to be damaged goods.

*FWIW, even saying all of that...I still think we got the better end of the deal with the Nuggets. I'm not sure what else was available via trade when we had McGee...but for that particular deal, We came out ahead. Javale is STILL the same Javale.

We missed way too many FT's but that carry was bogus and Blake deserves an oscar. I hope the NBA suspends him for all that flopping. J's who would you want in return for Nene?

We missed way too many FT's but that carry was bogus and Blake deserves an oscar. I hope the NBA suspends him for all that flopping. J's who would you want in return for Nene?

We need a #1 scoring option. Whether Nene can net that in a return, I just don't know.

i was at the game last night with the wife and our 2 friends. i can honestly say me and the wife were the only ones wearing wizards merchandise at staples center :lol:

my observations for the wizards:

aj price is flat out terrible, doesn't deserve to start at all :smh:

john wall played a solid game, he still has the explosiveness towards attacking the basket. just some missed key free throws in the 4th and that "palming" violation was such bs.

Bradley Beal looked a bit off with his sore wrist. he did however made some treys and attacked the basket.

Nene has no lift at all with his legs. he was able to get position on Blake and Odom, but just can't make the moves to finish his baskets. :smh:

All in all it was nice to see my hometown Wizards in LA since I live there now. looking forward for Wall and Beal to develop chemistry throughout the rest of the season.

Only guys who played well tonight were Nene (he was a force in the post), Webster, Okafor and Crawford (only in the 4th Q) and we somehow came away with the last second win. Crawford raising his trade value :pimp:

Only guys who played well tonight were Nene (he was a force in the post), Webster, Okafor and Crawford (only in the 4th Q) and we somehow came away with the last second win. Crawford raising his trade value :pimp:

Only if Nene could bring this every night or somewhat decent performance

Missed the game last night....too late for me with these west coast games. But checked the box score. Looked like Webster had a solid outing shooting a very high percentage. And will watch highlights later of Crawfords game winner.

I am glad we are getting some wins now and i think a lot of that can be attributed to John Wall. Idc what anyone really says about him as far as his faults as a player. He is a great MAN to have on your roster. He holds players accountable and raises their level of play due to his intensity on the court.

AWESOME seeing steez hit that GW 3. :pimp:

Winning 5 of the last 7 is a good little run. EVERYTHING changed after that OKC win. Hopefully, they can keep it going.

only people that should be on the trade block are okafur, singleton, vesley, ariza and price. the rest is a good bunch to keep around.

Felt real good to see that dagger last night. Crawford needed it for his confidence. Let's close out this road trip with a win vs the Jazz and go 3-2 on the West Coast trip. The crazy part about our recent wins is that we are beating good teams on the road. Wait til we get home and play bad teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom