Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall with the gamewinning block! And FTs to ice it. 14 & 12 in 26 minutes

Beal 23 points on 8-13 shooting

Seraphin 18 & 7

Great win :pimp:

Instead of focusing on what he can't do...point out the good things this kid brings to the team!! #JohnWall

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and another one :smokin way to redeem yourself at the line John

Beal must be loving John Wall being back, he's been on a tear lately

(we might get smashed tomorrow tho :x)

Damn I missed the game exciting finish tho

Back to the argument I think most understand what DC is saying.

But to counter against what you said

A good team with a scoring PG can be a greater team with a pass first point guard

Great game, Wall with the block to seal the game was great. Beal is frying dudes every game now that Wall is out there.

i'll be at the wizards-clippers game tomorrow night at staples center, finally after 2 years not watching a live wizards game its going to definitely happen for me on saturday!

wifey got some courtside tickets, look for the fool in the john wall wizards jersey..or maybe i'll wear my gilbert arenas all-star jersey :lol:

i'll be at the wizards-clippers game tomorrow night at staples center, finally after 2 years not watching a live wizards game its going to definitely happen for me on saturday!

wifey got some courtside tickets, look for the fool in the john wall wizards jersey..or maybe i'll wear my gilbert arenas all-star jersey :lol:

Damn man congrats court side tho? :smokin

Just caught the recap so bummed I missed this great game.

This rebuilding effort looks likes it's paying off

:pimp:

That's what's up.

*No joke...I gasped when I saw BEal take that fall. Dude bounced off the floor. I'm glad he broke the fall with his body and not his head or hands. REALLY lucky there.

A good team with a scoring PG can be a greater team with a pass first point guard
And what are you basing this off of other than the blind-sided belief that a pass-first PG makes a team better?

You are just telling me what you think/feel which is basically a hypothetical statement

And what are you basing this off of other than the blind-sided belief that a pass-first PG makes a team better?

You are just telling me what you think/feel which is basically a hypothetical statement

I think ima go with blind-sided belief that a pass-first PG makes a team better than a scoring PG.

Well I'm curious to hear why you think that statement is false

Edit: I've obviously read articles that point to pass first > scoring in relating to PGs

Last edited:
Notice that I never said one was better than the other nor is one more probable to put your team in a better position to win a ring.

I am simply saying what evidence do you have to back up that statement? Other than the general belief that a pass-first pg is going to put a team closer to a ring than not?

Can we look at the most recent NBA Champs? When was the last time in the past 20 years that a team was lead by a PG that can really be considered PURE? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_champions#Champions

Looking at that list, Rondo and Kidd are the only ones that are present.

I just don't believe in the idea that being a pure pg is going to make a team a better team.

Again, it depends on the players around him.,

And if you want to hypotheticalize a situation where we play 2 imaginary seasons with 1 team.
One season with a Pure PG
One season with a Scoring PG

I am still not convinced that the team using Pure PG's season will be better.

Like I said, it seems/sounds safe to just say, "A team with a Pure PG is better" but what are we basing that off of?

Like I said, it seems/sounds safe to just say, "A team with a Pure PG is better" but what are we basing that off of?

The ability to get the team the easiest buckets, with that said the team with a pure point guard the bucket can come from anyone forcing defenses to guard everyone.

And I am sorry, there is no way I am willing to believe the OKC Thunder would be just as successful is Rondo were leading the team over Westbrook. I have a hard time believing that. I try to stay away from hypotheticals but for the sake of this topic I have to bring that up.

Yea I see what your saying, Many argue that if russel was more pass first they'd be better

But I agree with you somewhat in that situation they need his scoring

Well let's end this I guess we just agree to disagree

Yea I see what your saying, Many argue that if russel was more pass first they'd be better

I know folks SAY that but what are they basing that off of? A baseless assumption. That is what I am trying to say here.

But yea, good discussion. Respect! :smokin

I know folks SAY that but what are they basing that off of? A baseless assumption. That is what I am trying to say here.

But yea, good discussion. Respect! :smokin

You too man

But seriously a Wizards thread that is this active is scary

Enjoy the game fam, hopefully you bring the squad more good luck :smokin

Examining some recent expert opinions on John Wall

By Thomas Pruitt on Jan 19, 1:35p 10

Chris Humphreys-USA TODAY Sports

Writing for ESPN Insider, Chris Broussard interviewed a few NBA scouts and executives about John Wall's upside. Their wicked pixels aren't going to put smiles on Washington Wizards fans' faces. Is there any validity to their arguments?

If someone makes a living evaluating basketball players they should be, like, good at it, right? Well, a recent ESPN Insider article in which Chris Broussard asked a number of Eastern Conference front office people about John Wall's ceiling, may shed some light on how some of the league's more jaw-dropping personnel moves can happen.

Broussard spoke with two league scouts and two executives about Wall. A choice quote from each is below, along with an examination of its validity.

An Eastern Conference executive: He doesn't have good lateral moves in the half court. He's not a shooter, he's not leader, he's not a guy you can build a team around. What he is is a better version of Tyreke Evans."

Is it valid? As a scorer, yes, Wall still isn't a halfcourt player. He was a poor pick and roll player last year, can't shoot and turns the ball over too much. However, unlike Evans, Wall actually does make his teammates better. Wall's career average of eight assists per 36 minutes is almost double Evans' career average. Washington also scored 2.7 more points per 100 possessions with Wall on the floor last year, something made even more impressive by Washington's lack of shot creators in the starting lineup for the majority of 2012.

Rest of Article in Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom