Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beginning to get weird how much John Wall gets bashed. I've never seen a young player get bashed so much that is actually a good player. You would think Wall is Darko by how much he gets bashed. It's very strange and annoying.

Cancer? Absolutely not.

Has he regressed? Yes.

I agree, He is far from a cancer. Serph is a good dude, he just needs to ask Hakeem for an invite to work out with him this summer. Would love to see him add another move besides the hook shot (even though he is the best in the NBA by far at it). He also needs to learn from Oak and Nene how to play defense, set screens, and rebound. Kevin sets way too many moving screens.

It's beginning to get weird how much John Wall gets bashed. I've never seen a young player get bashed so much that is actually a good player. You would think Wall is Darko by how much he gets bashed. It's very strange and annoying.

Agreed.

It's funny how there's a love affair w/ Kyrie Irving who's team is just as bad...but dude can do no wrong. It is what it is, tho.

Agreed.

It's funny how there's a love affair w/ Kyrie Irving who's team is just as bad...but dude can do no wrong. It is what it is, tho.

Not really comparable when you consider at how high a level Kyrie has played at so far.

Not really comparable when you consider at how high a level Kyrie has played at so far.
It's very comparable.

Because one of the biggest knocks on John Wall is that he hasn't turned the team around...when Kyrie hasn't exactly turned around the Cavs either despite his play.

With Kyrie it's "he needs more help".

With John it's "he's not good enough"

Which is great, but one of the main things that John Wall is destroyed for is the TEAM'S RECORD. There's a hypocritical nature in which Wall is judged and also compared to Irving. And FWIW, I think the Wall/Irving comparisons are beyond lame because they are two different types of PGs.

Kevin Seraphin is not the best in the NBA at ANYTHING

Actually he is. According to synergy stats over the last two seasons Kevin Seraphin shoots the hook shot at the highest percentage in the NBA. And in 2nd place for this season is his teammate Emeka. The stats were posted on bulletsforever.com a few weeks back

It's very comparable.

Because one of the biggest knocks on John Wall is that he hasn't turned the team around...when Kyrie hasn't exactly turned around the Cavs either despite his play.

I agree it is very comparable. I never hear Kyrie get bashed for his horrible defense and lack of court vision. Yet Wall gets bashed for everything.

It's very comparable.

The kyrie/John comparisons get old real fast

I feel we are in a better situation then the Cavs like way better since John returned, we aren't suppose to be satisfied but we are moving in the right direction

Being over .500 for a 18 game stretch isn't to bad for us

Nothing is being sad about his performance against Spurs :smh:

The kyrie/John comparisons get old real fast

I feel we are in a better situation then the Cavs like way better since John returned, we aren't suppose to be satisfied but we are moving in the right direction

Being over .500 for a 18 game stretch isn't to bad for us

Nothing is being sad about his performance against Spurs :smh:

Yeah I watched that game and Tony Parker ate his lunch. Irving looked so desperate at the end trying to get off the game winner, hoping the refs would bail him out. And you're right when he has duds and shoots his team out the game nothing is said. It's funny years ago Gil got bashed for being a shoot first pg and not playing defense yet Irving is worshiped for it.
And lets be honest, prime Arenas was a lot better than Irving is now and probably ever will be.

. He's not even good 

This just isn't true.

You don't stand 5'9 and keep a job in the league if you're not even good.

QFT

Plus look at Dude and tell me he don't look like one of the strongest PGs in the L

Off the size of his arms alone (Pause)
That's a true though.

I was watching a replay of the Raptors-Nuggets game earlier where John Lucas III came off the bench and started lighting it up, and I was thinking.. those types of players (John Lucas III, Bynum, Nate Robinson, Isaiah Thomas etc) are actually the true ballers in the league. You know those dudes are for real, because they've probably been doubted their entire life but they still go hard anytime they get the opportunity.

Those are the cats who would be legends at the local courts if they weren't in the L :lol:

Last edited:
prime Arenas was a lot better than Irving is now and probably ever will be.
What? I loved Gil but Kyrie in only his second year now with no other options besides a inefficent rookie guard averages 24 on better shooting than Gil ever did in his entire career. To say he won't reach prime Gil is kind of a crazy statement

UPDATE: David Falk has since apologized, via a statement issued to the WP: “I want to publicly apologize to both Ted Leonsis and Ernie Grunfeld for publicly expressing opinions that better judgment should have kept private. I also want to publicly apologize to John Wall. I hope he either ignores my comments completely or tacks them up on his locker and uses them as motivation. Ultimately, whether or not he becomes an elite NBA player will have far more to do with his dedication and commitment than  the opinions of critics, professional or amateur.”

I always feel everyone is entitled to their opinion

But call it blind faith or not I believe in my boy

Also this is David Falk, who was a super agent, not a super scout

What? I loved Gil but Kyrie in only his second year now with no other options besides a inefficent rookie guard averages 24 on better shooting than Gil ever did in his entire career. To say he won't reach prime Gil is kind of a crazy statement
Yeah I think he might be reaching w/ the Kyrie hate a bit to say he won't reach prime Gil 
laugh.gif

Kyrie is the goods.

Him and John are asked to do different things for their teams and I think they've both done well given the circumstances. Wall has the higher ceiling because of his size and natural gifts as an athlete. 

Yeah I think he might be reaching w/ the Kyrie hate a bit to say he won't reach prime Gil 
laugh.gif

Kyrie is the goods.

Him and John are asked to do different things for their teams and I think they've both done well given the circumstances. Wall has the higher ceiling because of his size and natural gifts as an athlete. 

I 100% agree....however, don't say that in the NBA thread...they'll be ready to have your head on a platter :lol:

I like Kyrie's game, but there is SUCH a hypocritical nature in which he is judged in comparison to Wall.

People swear saying a dude has more potential = he is better, which isnt true

To me Kyrie is better but John has more potential.

The thing i wonder is why people compare them so much when they have completely different play styles :smh:

He might not ever be able to do that tho. He can still be a premiere point guard without being a good shooter.

See: Rondo

You're judging Gil by just shooting percentage when the better stat to use is true shooting percentage (due to the high amount of 3 pointers and free throws Arenas use to attempt). Arenas true shooting percentage at the time was on par with Kobe and Lebron's. I'm not hating on Irving, he is a very talented young guard but do you guys really see him averaging 29 ppg 6 apg 4 rpg 2 spg in his prime? Because that is what Arenas did on a winning team. Maybe he will one day but he has a ways to go.

Once J Wall starts hitting his jumpshot and 3's on a consistent basis, is over...

Even if he doesn't get a consistent J, working on his handle and his use of pick and rolls can still vault him to elite pg status. But you're right, Wall with a J would be nasty.

You're judging Gil by just shooting percentage when the better stat to use is true shooting percentage (due to the high amount of 3 pointers and free throws Arenas use to attempt). Arenas true shooting percentage at the time was on par with Kobe and Lebron's. I'm not hating on Irving, he is a very talented young guard but do you guys really see him averaging 29 ppg 6 apg 4 rpg 2 spg in his prime? Because that is what Arenas did on a winning team. Maybe he will one day but he has a ways to go.
laugh.gif
 Huh? He's 20 years old and 5 points away from putting up a similar line now. Ways to go?

It's very comparable.

I've often thought the same thing.  The league's been very eager to promote Kyrie as a "star", perhaps, in part, to help smooth things over for Cavs fans.  Monta Ellis put up superior numbers for several seasons with the Warriors, and yet - even when he LED THE LEAGUE in scoring midway through the year, they'd leave him off the All Star team.  

The NBA's been beyond hypocritical with regards to "team success" as a measure of individual greatness.  

laugh.gif
 Huh? He's 20 years old and 5 points away from putting up a similar line now. Ways to go?

5 ppg in the NBA is hardly insignificant.  There's a big difference between a 5 point scorer and a 10 point scorer, 20 and 25, and so on.  He can potentially get there, if that's the type of player he wants to be, but I'm not convinced that doing so would make the Cavs a better team. 

It's easy for people to forget, now, the type of player that Arenas was prior to his knee surgeries.  It's also easy for Wizards fans to allow their frustration and disappointment to cloud their recollection of Gil in his prime.  I don't think the Arenas comparisons are off base, but I also don't think that it's fair to either player to compare a second year guy to Arenas at his peak.  We'll see if he can develop a comparable impact on his team's success, let alone statistical parity.  He's not there yet, but, at year two, he's clearly ahead of the curve.  

Still, I'd much rather people make that comparison than to try and use Kyrie to diminish John Wall.  They're two completely different players.  Wall doesn't need to be your lead scorer.  He can (and prefers to) defer a bit on scoring, pick his spots to attack, and make his greatest impact as a defender and distributor who makes the game easier for other players.  If you look at the history of #1 picks in this league, you'll gladly take those qualities over Bargnani, Bogut, Brown, Oden, Kenyon Martin, Olowakandi, etc. etc.  

This notion that a #1 pick must become a first ballot hall of famer to be considered worthwhile is a fantasy.  Thus far, Paul George is the first member of the 2010 draft class to make an All Star appearance, and he was taken tenth.  I fault the front office for many, MANY draft failures - but selecting John Wall was not one of them.  He was the safest bet in that draft.

Speaking of John Wall, did anyone catch this?

David Aldridge was discussing a recent interview with Gary Payton earlier today: 
Very interesting interview w/HOF finalist Gary Payton that will run today on @NBATV. Asked who reminds him of himself, he said John Wall. 
GP also said he plans to work out this summer with Wall and @Damian Lillard. Thinks Wall has the potential to be a lockdown defender/scorer. 
Any thoughts on the possibility of Wall working out with "the glove" this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom