Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With what you said about the league promoting Kyrie as a star, I hate thinking about the NBA having an agenda and trying to benefit any team that has had shortcomings due to its own inept ability to build a team

As for wall working out with GP I'm all for it I see the lateral quickness that can make him become a lockdown defender

Gary Payton just said on NBA tv that John Wall reminds him of his self more than any NBA player. He will work with him this summer to help him improve his game. I'm interested to see how Wall comes out the gate for the season next year. I think Gary will teach him a solid post game and turn Wall to maybe the best PG defender in the NBA if he wants to be.

Last edited:
:lol:  Huh? He's 20 years old and 5 points away from putting up a similar line now. Ways to go?

5 extra points and being on a winning team isn't as easy as you make it sound. 23 ppg on a bottom feeder is a lot different than 29 ppg on a team in the playoffs. Guys like Ricky Davis and Mike James put up over 20 ppg on bottom feeders. It's called empty stats for a reason. You have to win while producing good stats and also play defense. This isn't NBA 2k

Last edited:

How you guys feel?

How you guys feel?

NOOOOO.

This is gonna end up being a typical Ernie trade. We're gonna give up some of the assets (which I don't really care about) and our 1st round pick - which I do care about. We'll be trading for a player who has peaked and has shown little to no semblance of trying to make adjustments to his game. Those groans that you hear in the Hawks gym when Smoove puts up shots....you'll be hearing them at the VC if he'd dealt. On top of it all...if he is traded, he'll ball out and get his max deal from our moron GM and then go back to his usual inefficient self. We'll be stuck w/ Smith until he's 33.

NOOOOO.

This is gonna end up being a typical Ernie trade. We're gonna give up some of the assets (which I don't really care about) and our 1st round pick - which I do care about. We'll be trading for a player who has peaked and has shown little to no semblance of trying to make adjustments to his game. Those groans that you hear in the Hawks gym when Smoove puts up shots....you'll be hearing them at the VC if he'd dealt. On top of it all...if he is traded, he'll ball out and get his max deal from our moron GM and then go back to his usual inefficient self. We'll be stuck w/ Smith until he's 33.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about this trade. Smith takes some bad shots plus we will probably have to include a pick in the deal. What if we deal for him and he walks in the summer? That would be a bonehead move but i could be wrong.

Like the Hawks would WANT anything the Wizards have to offer other than Wall, Beal, or Nene.

Like the Hawks would WANT anything the Wizards have to offer other than Wall, Beal, or Nene.

Saw this in the trade thread....makes sense

@Gambo620 I'll say it one more time. The Suns have no interest in Josh Smith. This is Atlanta trying to create a market for a player they want to move

Yeah, I don't want Josh Smith, either.  Ironically, the only player I WOULD move for Smith is Nene - and then only as a salary dump.  I hate Nene's contract.  That's why Denver dumped him to begin with, not because they were in love with Pierre. 

In terms of performance, I like Okafor and Nene better than Smith and Nene.  Okafor's limited, but he UNDERSTANDS his limits.  He's not out there hoisting superstar three pointers, pouting when he doesn't get touches, or taking fadeaways.  Since Okafor only has one year left, we can either try to reacquire him on more favorable (read: sane) salary terms, or let him walk and try to use the cap space wisely for once.  

Josh Smith is another B- player who wants A+ money.  

I have two lower level tickets to the Rockets game this Saturday and might be headed out of town at the last minute to Philly. I'll keep you guys posted on here to see if anyone is trying to go if I can't make it.

I have two lower level tickets to the Rockets game this Saturday and might be headed out of town at the last minute to Philly. I'll keep you guys posted on here to see if anyone is trying to go if I can't make it.
Let me know bro..im willing to purchase the tickets if the price is right

Yeah, I don't want Josh Smith, either.  Ironically, the only player I WOULD move for Smith is Nene - and then only as a salary dump.  I hate Nene's contract.  That's why Denver dumped him to begin with, not because they were in love with Pierre. 

In terms of performance, I like Okafor and Nene better than Smith and Nene.  Okafor's limited, but he UNDERSTANDS his limits.  He's not out there hoisting superstar three pointers, pouting when he doesn't get touches, or taking fadeaways.  Since Okafor only has one year left, we can either try to reacquire him on more favorable (read: sane) salary terms, or let him walk and try to use the cap space wisely for once.  

Josh Smith is another B- player who wants A+ money.  
Thank you! we need to move Nene. While he is a nice player we aint winning with him, he's old, and he is owed a ton of money. But since he is apart of Ted &Ernie's "Playoff Core" he will stay.

Jordan Crawford is trying to get himself traded, he threw his jersey and warmups in the crowd after the game last night

Please make this happen Ernie we need abackup point guard DESPERATELY

Jordan Crawford is trying to get himself traded, he threw his jersey and warmups in the crowd after the game last night

Please make this happen Ernie we need abackup point guard DESPERATELY

Anyone actually like making a move for Maynor?

I love the kid...but that is because i went to Drexel....and he played at VCU which was in the colonial conference so i got to watch him live in college....and of course what he did to duke lol.

Maynor is a bum. He doesn't turn the ball over much which is cool but he literally brings nothing else to the table.

Living off that VCU glory. There's a reason he lost his job to Reggie Jackson.

As much as Crawford sucks...the team can get better in return for him than Maynor

Last edited:
Maynor is a bum. He doesn't turn the ball over much which is cool but he literally brings nothing else to the table.

Living off that VCU glory. There's a reason he lost his job to Reggie Jackson.

As much as Crawford sucks...the team can get better in return for him than Maynor

Good ol Chris Broussard is saying JJ Redick who's decent

Good to see that bum gone but damn we couldn't at least get a healthy guy in return? Guess this is another one of those "cap space" trades for imaginary free agents that won't come here :rolleyes

OH TED!

http://tedstake.monumentalnetwork.com/2011/04/06/learning-to-win/index.jsp

Read these quotes. See the players' confidence building. See players developing right before your eyes. That is what a rebuild is all about. A new big three has announced its arrival - Wall, Crawford and Blatche. Big minutes - big productivity - big results. And wins, too. We are short-handed and so players are getting bigger minutes to show the world what they can do. We have two first round draft picks next off season. We have cap space. We are young. We have upside. We are becoming an exciting team to watch. The sun is shining out today. Admit it. It feels good to be Wizards fans watching the rebuild unfold, yes? I am so grateful to you all and I appreciate all of your positive emails. Thank you. end post

Ernie strikes again.

I don't care how much you disliked Crawford, he was worth more than NOTHING.  How do you have multiple suitors for a player with a limited, but useful skill set and come away with nothing more than an expiring contract?  It's not like Crawford was overpaid, either.  

What's up, Ted?  You really think if you squeeze your pennies hard enough they'll turn into diamonds? 

Just awful. 

It's not that he traded for an expiring contract...it's that we all know EG doesn't know what to do with the expiring contracts. SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom