Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizards with another win...I think its crazy how just a week ago...all of us including me... was slandering john on his slump and look at him now..And Martell is a beast 5 straight games with 4 or more 3pointers in a game..crazy

Last edited:
Great to see John playing well, and the team playing quality basketball. Logically, I'd rather lose these meaningless games and improve the odds, but since Grunfeld is going to make a mess of this off season anyway I'll just enjoy it. Winning games can only have a positive impact on the development and psych of the young guys.

Really hope John stays healthy, and has a full off season to work on his game. Continuity is key, and he's really had it tough with injuries and the lockout. Long hours watching film with the staff should help his in-game recognition and awareness. As far as the jumper goes, it's all about building confidence with reps. The form is more or less fine - though he's always sort of varied his release point, but that isn't unusual for someone who doesn't trust his jumper.

Great to see John playing well, and the team playing quality basketball. Logically, I'd rather lose these meaningless games and improve the odds, but since Grunfeld is going to make a mess of this off season anyway I'll just enjoy it. Winning games can only have a positive impact on the development and psych of the young guys.

Really hope John stays healthy, and has a full off season to work on his game. Continuity is key, and he's really had it tough with injuries and the lockout. Long hours watching film with the staff should help his in-game recognition and awareness. As far as the jumper goes, it's all about building confidence with reps. The form is more or less fine - though he's always sort of varied his release point, but that isn't unusual for someone who doesn't trust his jumper.

Bro, u need to post more in here. That being said, im so happy for John Wall. I think there was a lot of unfair criticism he was receiving, and I hope he can build off of this going forward. Oh yea....Martell Webster said he wants to stay in DC. He needs to be a top priority for re-signing.

John Wall Full Highlights vs. Hornets (3.15.2013) - 29 Points, 9 Assists, 12-15 FGA

John Wall Full Highlights vs Suns (3.16.2013) - 17 Points, 11 Assists, 2 Dunks, Sick Block, 8-11 FGA

washington wizards, nba #WALLin

:smokin

^ Wall's made his last few games look like his summer league highlights, except there's more jumpers.  Looking real easy for him right now

Wizards with another win...I think its crazy how just a week ago...all of us including me... was slandering john on his slump and look at him now..And Martell is a beast 5 straight games with 4 or more 3pointers in a game..crazy

Not all of us were slandering John. I have never wavered on my opinion with him. He was coming off an injury and sparked this team with the leadership and confidence to win. If he can stay injury free this Summer and start off the season in game form/shape....he will be an All-Star next year.

Dude is a lot of fun to watch and above all....I love the way he competes and gets after it on every play. Usually guys with his skill/talent (Kyrie) take plays off and don't give it 100% on the defensive end. Wall is diving after any/every ball and getting impressive blocks/steals.

Resigning Webster is a must, he has been extremely consistent and a great positive presence.

^ it seems some people in this thread flip their opinions about our players after 2 bad games :smh:

The bradley beal hate was strong in this thread earlier, i forgot who said we shoulda drafted dion waiters :lol:

^ it seems some people in this thread flip their opinions about our players after 2 bad games
mean.gif

The bradley beal hate was strong in this thread earlier, i forgot who said we shoulda drafted dion waiters
laugh.gif
People flip them after two good games too.

It's all about consistency. Once a player develops a reputation and a high level is expected from him night in/night out...then you might not mind a bad game or two. 

Some of ya'll ****** in here overdo it tho and show up in the NBA thread with ya'll chest out after a few good games on some "told you so" ****. One of the reasons why the team is a laughing stock on this board to other people. There's no need to celebrate after a few good games. 

Except for the 3 point shooting...who here hasn't seen these games from Wall before? He could very well do this the next 5 games and then turn around and look like a completely different player for the following 5. That's what I mean about consistency. We SHOULD want our franchise player to get to a level where there's no question or debate about what he brings to the table and what his place is among the elites.

Instead...you get alot of dudes on here ready to throw salt in the other threads anytime Kyrie's name is brought up...or any other young PG who we feel John's name should be in the same category with.

Let his game do the talking. It's one thing to step in when a dude says some **** like "Wall is terrible"...but to wave the John Wall flag everytime this ***** has a good game is ridiculous.

Nobody is free of criticism. When he has a bad game, slander is warranted until those bad games are few and far between.

The Bradley Beal slander was COMPLETELY unwarranted tho.

To get SO down on a 19 year old in his first month of the season was uncalled for.

Last edited:
People flip them after two good games too.

It's all about consistency. Once a player develops a reputation and a high level is expected from him night in/night out...then you might not mind a bad game or two. 

Some of ya'll ****** in here overdo it tho and show up in the NBA thread with ya'll chest out after a few good games on some "told you so" ****. One of the reasons why the team is a laughing stock on this board to other people. There's no need to celebrate after a few good games. 

Except for the 3 point shooting...who here hasn't seen these games from Wall before? He could very well do this the next 5 games and then turn around and look like a completely different player for the following 5. That's what I mean about consistency. We SHOULD want our franchise player to get to a level where there's no question or debate about what he brings to the table and what his place is among the elites.

Instead...you get alot of dudes on here ready to throw salt in the other threads anytime Kyrie's name is brought up...or any other young PG who we feel John's name should be in the same category with.

Let his game do the talking. It's one thing to step in when a dude says some **** like "Wall is terrible"...but to wave the John Wall flag everytime this ***** has a good game is ridiculous.

Nobody is free of criticism. When he has a bad game, slander is warranted until those bad games are few and far between.

The Bradley Beal slander was COMPLETELY unwarranted tho.

To get SO down on a 19 year old in his first month of the season was uncalled for.

Those are non wizards fans...and you're one of the people who was on that Wall is terrible tip so how are you talking? I told yall when yall were on here on some buffoonery he was slumping. You fought the fact he was clearly better than Jose and you now want us to acknowledge your essay about others flipping their opinion? Please. He's playing with more confidence and is much healthier. And how you sound saying Beal slander is unwarranted yet Wall slander is?.-_-

Those are non wizards fans...and you're one of the people who was on that Wall is terrible tip so how are you talking? I told yall when yall were on here on some buffoonery he was slumping. You fought the fact he was clearly better than Jose and you now want us to acknowledge your essay about others flipping their opinion? Please. He's playing with more confidence and is much healthier. And how you sound saying Beal slander is unwarranted yet Wall slander is?.-_-
Show me where I said John Wall is terrible. I'll wait.

Ask DoubleJ's...I've been on the John Wall bandwagon since he got here and have been one of the most vocal posters in his corner in team threads and in the NBA threads for years so miss me with all that BS you talkin.

At the end of the day...that doesn't FREE him from criticism. I point out where he needs he help or improvement. Part of being a fan is being realistic. Are you ONLY supposed to suck their ***** and not say anything negative about them? You sound dumb.

I said Beal slander was unwarranted because it came WEEKS into the season for 19 year old who spent one year in school. To say that we got that pick wrong when it was only November was asinine.

You seem like you just wanted to single me out cause I adressed you on the Calderon thing. I didn't fight ****. All I said is that you were talking like Jose Calderon was a bum. If you gonna argue at least get your **** correct.

The one thing you can't EVER say about me is position on this team or Wall. I've been on here for years cheerleading. **** outta here.

Last edited:

Ask DoubleJ's...I've been on the John Wall bandwagon since he got here and have been one of the most vocal posters in his corner in team threads and in the NBA threads for years so miss me with all that BS you talkin.
I dont post in this thread much but this is true. Every time I've had something negative to say about John Wall hes been right there defending him. I've never seen him say a single bad thing about Wall.

*Exits*

At the end of the day...that doesn't FREE him from criticism. I point out where he needs he help or improvement. Part of being a fan is being realistic. Are you ONLY supposed to suck their ***** and not say anything negative about them? You sound dumb.

I said Beal slander was unwarranted because it came WEEKS into the season for 19 year old who spent one year in school. To say that we got that pick wrong when it was only November was asinine.

You seem like you just wanted to single me out cause I adressed you on the Calderon thing. I didn't fight ****. All I said is that you were talking like Jose Calderon was a bum. If you gonna argue at least get your **** correct.

The one thing you can't EVER say about me is position on this team or Wall. I've been on here for years cheerleading. **** outta here.

Nowhere in my statement did I say he was free from criticism. And I didn't say you explicitly said he was terrible however just on the last page what did you say? Besides myself...I've only seen double, dt, and shuttlesworth consistently on walls bandwagon. Even dt was on some craziness last page. I call a spade a spade so based on what the convo was, you were one of those people I was talking about period. Point is writing the book on either of the two is stupid...which many were doing just on the last page. As far as that Jose argument I wasn't singling you out. You said something so I said something and that was just support for what I was saying. Nothing more.

John Wall wins Eastern Conference player of the week

Posted by Michael Lee on March 18, 2013 at 4:09 pm

John Wall often felt overlooked, slighted or ignored while he sat the first 33 games of the season because of a stress injury in his left knee. Even with the Wizards winning at a considerably better rate than when he was sidelined, Wall has still had to endure more criticisms about what he isn’t more that what he contributes.

“I hear it all,” Wall said recently. “So be it.”

Whenever asked about his predicament, Wall has said his play would serve as a better reply than his words. Wall responded in loud and emphatic fashion last week — averaging 24 points, 11 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 steals over four games — and his performance was recognized when the NBA honored him as Eastern Conference player of the week for the first time in his three-year career
Take that, critics! (Photo by Jonathan Newton/The Washington Post)

Take that, critics! (Photo by Jonathan Newton/The Washington Post)

The Wizards haven’t had a conference player of the week since Antawn Jamison won the award in the exact same week five years — from March 10-16, 2008.

Wall managed to defeat other nominees LeBron James and Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford after leading the Wizards to to victories over Milwaukee, New Orleans and Phoenix. He had a season-high 14 assists in a loss to Cleveland, scored a season-high 29 points against the Hornets and had three double-doubles.

The most startling aspect of Wall’s performance was that he shot 61.7 percent from the field and made 4 of 5 three-point attempts. Entering the week, Wall had connected on just 41.4 percent of his shots (146-for-353) and was 2 of 18 from beyond the arc.

The Wizards (23-42) are now 18-14 since Wall made his season debut and will take on the Charlotte Bobcats on Monday at Time Warner Cable Arena.

^ Good news, naw but in all seriousness i'm glad that the team has been winning consistently since wall came back

but i want otto porter and at the pace we're winning thats looking unrealistic, still if this winning sets us forward next season forget him

I got no problem with this at all. Potential is there....if there is a good gamble to take, this is it.

I mean I guess the Wizards have to do it... I just don't like giving a PG a max deal. 

im not trying to argue but please elaborate

I disagree cause i feel a great point guard is the perfect person to build around cause it starts with the person that runs the show

Im frightened that they will give Wall the max and then he will just stop caring and start phoning it in.
That's been the case for a lot of players. Play hard till you get the next big contract then just coast for as long as you can.
I like him as a player for the most part but IMO he doesn't have that drive that separates the greats from good players.
Hope I'm wrong though.

Im frightened that they will give Wall the max and then he will just stop caring and start phoning it in.
That's been the case for a lot of players. Play hard till you get the next big contract then just coast for as long as you can.
I like him as a player for the most part but IMO he doesn't have that drive that separates the greats from good players.
Hope I'm wrong though.

How can you say this though. Have you ever seen him coast? If nothing else i have never seen john not care or not try. It's his best asset to me. I wish that would translate into him some how obtaining a jumper :lol:

But dude works extremely hard when he is on the floor, always has (some times too hard). Plays great defense too. I am cool with him getting a max deal.

I got no problem with a max deal as long as it doesn't cripple the franchise plus it's not like we have another option in all honesty, he has all the leverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom