Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what a game for Wall, fully expected this team to just run out of gas since we didn't have enough bodies but boy was i wrong. John Wall gotta be spent after that effort tonight

max deal is inevitable, just needs to be flexible

Bro this is a game that showed what is capable if he reaches his potential next year is gonna be spectacular

Wow. Just got back. Best Wizards game and atmosphere I have been apart of since Gilbert was on his Olympic-Snub tear and MJ laced them up for the District.

Truly electrifying.

If John would have knocked down his FT's...he cracks 50 easy. The crowd was begging for the Wiz to get that final rebound so John could hoist one more three. They still were pleading with him to chuck one more....but he showed poise and unlike JR Smith, refrained from launching one more.

Lionel Hollins almost kicking the ball off the court had me dying. Dude looked like a three year old in the Grocery Store throwing a tantrum.

Great win....great game by John.

Nothing related to this game but I hope he develops his long range game in the offseason.
I dont feel comfortable with having a PG franchise player who rarely shoots threes/misses a large chunk of em.
37 games shooting 9-29 on those games :smh:

I don't even know what to say :pimp:

There it is....that is what john wall could be if he had a jumper....this is how good he can be. He has 0 problem creating his own shot...he has the speed quickness handles. I couldn't believe some of the fade away jumpers he was hitting....looking like Kobe out there.

What a great game by him

Wall leaped from a borderline all-star pg to a superstar pg. Hope he keeps balling like this, skys the limit for him.

Great story bro wish i could of been there

On a side note kind of feel like trolling zyzz and of grave digging his john wall is thrash thread but forget it

Yeah man, it was gratifying....especially being a longtime fan and supporter of local DC teams. I don't think I felt that good since Gilbert's array of game winners or the GW in the playoffs against Chi-Town (says a lot right?). It was just see someone bring the people to their feet in DC and it was well deserved.

It was nice to see John get some calls too as he was getting hacked all night on his jumpshots and drives.

About to get a Wall authentic and a Beal (as soon as I can find them). One road and one home. Any one have any sites as it seems impossible to find them in the DC Metro area even.

Good looks on the highlights....even sweeter today.

^ sorry can't help with your hunt for an authentic but if you find a site or store that has a john wall authentic pm me

Its scary you can't find one, I've been searching for one this whole year and in my neck of the woods its damn near impossible

I'm still not getting overly excited. Consistency, consistency....

I've seen guys play out of their mind for a stretch and then come back down to earth. But I do definitely hope that Wall has turned the corner with regards to his progression. It's good to see what he can do live action as opposed to simply assessing his potential on paper and saying "if he could do this, then...."

Nothing related to this game but I hope he develops his long range game in the offseason.
I dont feel comfortable with having a PG franchise player who rarely shoots threes/misses a large chunk of em.
37 games shooting 9-29 on those games :smh:
Rondo isn't a three-point shooter either. Hasn't stopped him from being a franchise PG.

Wall's outside shooting isn't what was keeping him from being elite, it was his midrange game. You need to be able to hit a midrange shot so defenses respect you in the halfcourt set. You don't really want your PG jacking up threes anyways. As long as he can hit the occasional corner three or wide open three it's fine.

I was just thinking...outside of Gil dropping 60 on the Lakers IN LA, Wall's 47 was my second favorite performance by a player in a Wizards jersey. Considering that he absolutely had to put the team on his back (Gil had the benefit of Jamison/Butler), last night was absolutely EPIC.

I was just thinking...outside of Gil dropping 60 on the Lakers IN LA, Wall's 47 was my second favorite performance by a player in a Wizards jersey. Considering that he absolutely had to put the team on his back (Gil had the benefit of Jamison/Butler), last night was absolutely EPIC.
My personal favorite?  

December 29, 2001 - MJ scores 51 against the Charlotte Hornets.  

This is probably a pretty trivial moment..... but this was easily my favorite Wizards moment 
nthat.gif

Being a late bloomer as a fan of basketball after only hating him because my pops was a Jazz fan and I lived in Indy when I first started watching basketball. Getting a second chance to really take in Jordan, his style of play, and understanding the NBA was amazing. I was sooooo hyped for this preseason game and damn near lost it when I saw him dunk at that age

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal favorite?  

December 29, 2001 - MJ scores 51 against the Charlotte Hornets.  

Oooh...good call on that, Meth. That being said, where would you rank Wall's performance last night? Has to be in your top-3, I'm assuming.

This is probably a pretty trivial moment..... but this was easily my favorite Wizards moment 
nthat.gif

Being a late bloomer as a fan of basketball after only hating him because my pops was a Jazz fan and I lived in Indy when I first started watching basketball. Getting a second chance to really take in Jordan, his style of play, and understanding the NBA was amazing. I was sooooo hyped for this preseason game and damn near lost it when I saw him dunk at that age

WildKY hates this - Ron, his boy...hate it had to be him... :lol:

But this is my all-time favorite Wizards AND MJ moment.

And this is the exact moment when Mercer's career went down the toilet. No joke.

^ahhh forgot about that block 
laugh.gif

remember watching that live on TV 
sick.gif

that block was so disrespectful

I'm a crossover guy finesse plays get me off my feet, but seeing that block again raises the hair on my neck

Oooh...good call on that, Meth. That being said, where would you rank Wall's performance last night? Has to be in your top-3, I'm assuming.

But this is my all-time favorite Wizards AND MJ moment.

And this is the exact moment when Mercer's career went down the toilet. No joke.
I attended that game.  I remember it with vivid detail.  Immediately after it happened, I said, "that's the best block I've ever seen."  Pure determination.

Wall will record a top 3 performance for this franchise over the course of his career.  That said, I don't think this game makes the cut, personally.  If you want to say top 3 performances since the team became the Washington Wizards AND you can't use the same player twice, then I may rank it third.

However, Let's not forget Tracy Murray's 50 point game against the Warriors.  It may not prove to be as historically significant as Wall's game, but I think we all hope for and, honestly, expect better performances from Wall in the future.  This one won't have the same staying power, sort of like Gil's other 50 point games... or Nick Young scoring 45.  You have to admit, though, nobody say Murray's 50 point game coming.  It'll always be memorable if only for the shock factor. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom