Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have kept Yi, at least he could shoot.

I do also see DC night life as a major distraction for some of the players. Some of these dudes cant stay out the club

You gotta be trolling
Yi couldve stayed one more year. He is at least better than Jan. As of now, our bench is still a bunch of bums. Chris Singleton? KEvin Seraphin? AJ price? Straight bums. All the waste of cap space on complete bum dudes. I havent seen our roster this weak since the 90s. We clearly draft bad with the exception of Wall and Beal. I'd like us to trade our pick for starting talent. Enough with developing guys. We have our 1 & 2 option, this year is not the draft for our # 3.

Yi couldve stayed one more year. He is at least better than Jan. As of now, our bench is still a bunch of bums. Chris Singleton? KEvin Seraphin? AJ price? Straight bums. All the waste of cap space on complete bum dudes. I havent seen our roster this weak since the 90s. We clearly draft bad with the exception of Wall and Beal. I'd like us to trade our pick for starting talent. Enough with developing guys. We have our 1 & 2 option, this year is not the draft for our # 3.

Enough w/ developing guys? How'd the last trade work out for us when we traded a top-5 pick for "starting" talent?

Keep the pick (Porter/Bennett), package the 2 2nd rounders and acquire a late 1st.

Enough w/ developing guys? How'd the last trade work out for us when we traded a top-5 pick for "starting" talent?

Keep the pick (Porter/Bennett), package the 2 2nd rounders and acquire a late 1st.
Nene just couldnt stay healthy

I'd say the odds of him "staying a bust" are about as high as Ernie must've been when he made that pick. 

I think they asked David Aldridge about Jan's skill set last year and he replied, "he has no skill set."  That's about the size of it.  As far as I'm concerned, this is his LAST year in Washington - and probably his last year in the NBA, now that David Kahn's out of the league.  He has a team option for $4.2 million in 2014-2015.  Ernie had better not be around to pick that up.  Jan's a certified bum.  I'd trade him for a sack of potatoes. 

I don't even get where the athleticism praise comes in.  His vertical's not that impressive; he's just deceptively tall.  The thought was always that he could use his reach to play the passing lanes, block shots, and rebound... but he can't do any of those things well (or without fouling).  Everyone wants to say, "well, if you gave him to Popovich he'd turn him into a solid contributor."  I don't believe that.  I think Pop would just waive him.  Jan was the ultimate reach.  I don't want a "high ceiling" guy who doesn't even have a solid foundation.  You might as well just start drafting basketball players' sons while they're still in diapers.  Or hey, who has a "higher ceiling" than a fetus?  They could grow up to be 7'6" with a 40" standing vertical!  Or they could grow up to be President of the United States!  

When will GMs learn to stop drafting for "potential" alone?   

Jan Vesely is not a basketball player.  He's just a tall man.  He's more likely to block your view than block your shot.

Bingo. Zing. Blammo.....Cold Hard Truth.

Nene just couldnt stay healthy
He's referring to the #5 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, which Ernie traded to the Wolves for Mike Miller and Randy Foye.  
Tomas Satoransky....our 2nd round pick from last year.
Here's an even more exciting highlight reel:

He's referring to the #5 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, which Ernie traded to the Wolves for Mike Miller and Randy Foye.  

Here's an even more exciting highlight reel:

Ohhhh.

And Chris still looked mediocre in that video. We just draft so bad, I don't get it. Management has always been the problem.

I was in the majority of those who though a coach like pop could change a player like Jan

I just dont want another blemish on this franchise

Imagine how that sounds "Lottery pick leaves Wiz becomes a All Star"

Honestly i just hope we change management that would prevent future draft issues

Chris Singleton's most notable move in his Wizards tenure has been his decision to purchase $10,000.00 worth of Powerball tickets. He lost.
Big deal.  We waste over $4 million a year on the lottery

Speaking of which, let me ask you all this:  

If the Cavs take Porter at #1 and Noel slips to #3, would you take him?  Are you worried he'd become the next Hasheem Thabeet, or do see him as a potential Tyson Chandler?

Chris Singleton's most notable move in his Wizards tenure has been his decision to purchase $10,000.00 worth of Powerball tickets. He lost.

If the Cavs take Porter at #1 and Noel slips to #3, would you take him?  Are you worried he'd become the next Hasheem Thabeet, or do see him as a potential Tyson Chandler?

I really hope this doesn't come to fruition. But i don't think there is much of an option...assuming McLemore goes second? I think if the knee is still a concern you go Bennett, but its hard to pass on Nerlens. This would def be a "potential" pick though. Hope Nene can help him grow and at least become a defensive presence early in his career.. Kid definitely needs to put on some weight though.

If the team can stay healthy i think we will be good to go next year beal and wall will be good together but we need a solid big man nene is injured way to much even his last days in denver he was just a injury problem

Big men take so much time to develop, do you guys want to continue waiting?

Id love to take him even with his linited skill set dude obviously has the drive to get better if you seen him play

He would get alot of on court experience cause nene cAnt handle to many minutes

All in all if it came down to it id grab him over benett

There's not alot being said about Noel being able to step in right away and make an impact (whenever he gets on the court).Sure it takes everyone time to develop into their full potential but regardless of any weight issues...he'll be able to step in from day one and play 1000mph, block shots and hit the glass with anyone. It only comes down to whether you believe his health will be a longterm issue or not. If you don't...grab him @ 3 and don't look back. If you do and Porter is gone...I'd go Bennett.

There's not alot being said about Noel being able to step in right away and make an impact (whenever he gets on the court).Sure it takes everyone time to develop into their full potential but regardless of any weight issues...he'll be able to step in from day one and play 1000mph, block shots and hit the glass with anyone. It only comes down to whether you believe his health will be a longterm issue or not. If you don't...grab him @ 3 and don't look back. If you do and Porter is gone...I'd go Bennett.

I agree with what you said.

If Noel is there at #3, you take him. No question. Having him sit behind Okafor (for the time being) would be so beneficial.

Now, if we do take Noel, I think it would be imperative that EG packages those two 2nd round picks to move up to get a rotation-ready player. Reason being, we might not have Noel's services until January at the earliest. We need bodies on this roster who can contribute.

IMO, I would target the Mavs as potential trade partners. They want to move that #13 pick in the worst way.

It's such a good problem to have knowing that one of Porter, Bennett, or Noel will be on this roster in a few weeks.

I really hope this doesn't come to fruition. But i don't think there is much of an option...assuming McLemore goes second? I think if the knee is still a concern you go Bennett, but its hard to pass on Nerlens. This would def be a "potential" pick though. Hope Nene can help him grow and at least become a defensive presence early in his career.. Kid definitely needs to put on some weight though.
Bennett has injury concerns of his own, and he seems like a classic tweener.  Do I like him over Len?  Yes, because I think he has the potential to be more than just six fouls and four points.  I don't see him as rotation-ready, though.  While those who've seen him more are better qualified to speak to his chances, I could easily see him struggling the way Thomas Robinson did.  The NBA power forward position is no joke.  A guy like Nene can hold his ground down there.  Can Bennett?  Yeah, he's a stretch forward - but he's a 6'7" stretch forward, who's only stuck at the four because he lacks the foot speed to cover NBA small forwards.

I really need to be sold on Bennett.  

Beal's an undersized 2.  Throw Bennett out there and that's a very small team, especially since Okafor may or may not be back in 2014-2015 and you have to make a decision on Seraphin next summer, too.   

I'd weigh trade options heavily before taking that gamble.  You know there are teams out there who'd be very interested in moving up.  

Honestly, if Phoenix is game for it I'd take their #1 next season if Porter's off the board.  That would give them #3 AND #5 this year to get their fans excited.  We put their #1 next year in our back pocket, bring Martell Webster back, and see if we can get into the playoffs if the core stays healthy.  Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.  

As risky prospects in this draft go, I'd rather have Noel or McLemore than Bennett.  I know people automatically exclude McLemore from consideration since we already have Beal - but you can never have too much shooting and nothing says that one of those guys can't be your sixth man of the future.  Let 'em compete.
I agree with what you said.

If Noel is there at #3, you take him. No question. Having him sit behind Okafor (for the time being) would be so beneficial.

Now, if we do take Noel, I think it would be imperative that EG packages those two 2nd round picks to move up to get a rotation-ready player. Reason being, we might not have Noel's services until January at the earliest. We need bodies on this roster who can contribute.

IMO, I would target the Mavs as potential trade partners. They want to move that #13 pick in the worst way.

It's such a good problem to have knowing that one of Porter, Bennett, or Noel will be on this roster in a few weeks.
Dallas would have to be pretty hard up to take two second rounders for a late lottery pick.  More likely, they'll be asking for someone else's #1 next year (likely a playoff team) and maybe a second rounder in addition, depending on the draft range.  I think they'll get it.  

We won't get it for two second rounders unless we're willing to take back salary to help Dallas make a run at Paul or Howard. 

A two for one would be more likely in the 20's than in the teens, even though it's a weak draft.  Your best bet is to find a contender late in round one who wants to avoid the guaranteed contract, and even then they're probably not going to want two second rounders for it, as there aren't that many good overseas prospects available this year who they'd want to draft and stash.  

A far more likely scenario, sadly, is that the Wizards will simply sell the surplus #2 to a team like Portland.  No players.  No assets.  Just cash.  That's the type of ownership we're stuck with. 

Honestly, if Phoenix is game for it I'd take their #1 next season if Porter's off the board.  That would give them #3 AND #5 this year to get their fans excited.  We put their #1 next year in our back pocket, bring Martell Webster back, and see if we can get into the playoffs if the core stays healthy.  Seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

This seems like the best scenario stock up for next years draft

Honestly i believe next year we will be at the bottom of the lottery the suns are guaranteed to suck regardless of who they choose and i believe will have a high chance to win the lottery

If nerlens is on the board i would hate passing him up tho

On the other hands i dont trust tweener bigs like i dont like international players i wouldnt go to high on them in the draft

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom