Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

You act like Denver wasn't being mentioned as a top 4 seed before the season started.

The book on Denver was that without a superstar...they were still deep. They finished were people expected them to...and then loss to a team they should have beaten in the playoffs.
Nobody was expecting them to finish with almost 60 wins.... NOBODY

If Danilo Gallinari didnt go down they probably get out of the first round.

And Mark Jackson TODAY is better than Karl TODAY. He said active. I'd take Holllins over him as well most likely spo too. He is not that great. Randy isn't good but why panic now without seeig what Randy will do with this roster
Erik Spoelstra over Karl? Get out of here with that noise.
Randy isn't good 
Thats exactly why you should panic

Pop
Doc
Thibs
Vogel
Mark Jackson
that was very easy. Karl is on D'Antonis level. He's barely above .500 when he does get past the first round but more often than not he loses in the first round. I didn't say Randy was better I said Karl isn't the answer. I'm not really a wiz fan but I follow them pretty closely they already will make the playoffs with the current roster why bring in a coach who is proven to only get to the first round? That's idiotic
why bring in a coach who is proven to only get to the first round? That's idiotic
So keeping a coach with a .336 win % is a smart move? who has never won more than 32 games in a season is a smart move?

He showed last year he can get the players to respond. There's no reason to panic YET how are you not getting this?

I would do that trade in a heartbeat(3rd pick for Ersan) Ariza stays at the 3, Ersan is the strech 4 we NEED.

He showed last year he can get the players to respond. There's no reason to panic YET how are you not getting this?
So in one post you tell me to raise my expectations. And then in the next post you tell me that we should keep a coach that got us twenty-nine wins last season? Do you not understand that you are contradicting yourself?

I don't "get" the fact that you want to raise expectations, but don't want to bring in a better coach when we have the chance. 

am I talking to Ernie Grunfeld???

So in one post you tell me to raise my expectations. And then in the next post you tell me that we should keep a coach that got us twenty-nine wins last season? Do you not understand that you are contradicting yourself?

I don't "get" the fact that you want to raise expectations, but don't want to bring in a better coach when we have the chance. 

am I talking to Ernie Grunfeld???
are you dense? They already have a playoff roster. Randy has shown with a healthy roster he can get them to play playoff ball. So why hire a coach that will get you to where your current coach can? That's where raising expectations comes in. If you let Randy go get someone who's better than a coach who's getting you first round exits. Why is this simple concept so difficult

are you dense? They already have a playoff roster. Randy has shown with a healthy roster he can get them to play playoff ball. So why hire a coach that will get you to where your current coach can? That's where raising expectations comes in. If you let Randy go get someone who's better than a coach who's getting you first round exits. Why is this simple concept so difficult
Randy has never led a team to the playoffs EVER.
Randy has shown with a healthy roster he can get them to play playoff ball.
When healthy... Same thing Ernie and Ted say all the time.... I must be talking to Ernie LOL

Playing hard and playing competitive basketball does not equal "playoff ball"... how does one get a team to play, playoff ball if they never coached in the playoffs

Do you honestly believe that Randy Wittman is on the same level as George Karl???

READ!!!!! Nowhere did I say Randy was on his level. I am however saying that Randy did a good job with this team. When the team was healthy this year they were .500 which is a playoff team in the East furthermore they were a great defensive team borderline elite when healthy. There is no reason this season to dump Randy. Keep him and see what the team does.

READ!!!!! Nowhere did I say Randy was on his level. I am however saying that Randy did a good job with this team. When the team was healthy this year they were .500 which is a playoff team in the East furthermore they were a great defensive team borderline elite when healthy. There is no reason this season to dump Randy. Keep him and see what the team does.
So
READ!!!!! Nowhere did I say Randy was on his level
You agree that Randy is not on his level correct?

That means that Karl is a better coach, and we have a chance to hire him

Hiring a better coach would be raising expectations correct?
When the team was healthy this year they were .500
.500= average team. Are these the high expectations you speak of?

I am pretty sure that Karl could coach the team to be better than average.

No hiring a better a coach is hiring a better coach. There are other aspects to success besides coaching. Right now coaching is not necessarily an issue. Certainly not an immediate one. The best players like the current coach. They know his system. So don't jump ship without seeing what he does for a season. Karl isn't going to do much better outside of more regular season wins. Still going out first round. The immediate need is a GM.

Any of yall thibk some way some how jan vesley starts taking steps forward to reach his potential?

Like he actually becomes servicable

Or is he gonna stay a bust

He was a 6th overall draft choice.

If he becomes just serviceable...that's still a bust.

He has no sort of skill set. He runs fast and jumps high. That's it.

No hiring a better a coach is hiring a better coach. There are other aspects to success besides coaching. Right now coaching is not necessarily an issue. Certainly not an immediate one. The best players like the current coach. They know his system. So don't jump ship without seeing what he does for a season. Karl isn't going to do much better outside of more regular season wins. Still going out first round. The immediate need is a GM.

All of this.

As I've said before, I'm perfectly fine with Wittman. He hasn't done anything (yet) to lose his job. The players respect him and leave everything on the floor for the guy. That speaks volumes.

You can almost compare Karl to Flip. Flip had a great resume before coming to DC, but the guys NEVER showed the level of compete like they do for Wittman. The same thing can probably be applied to Karl. We know his ceiling. No point in going after a retread who won't make this team that much better.

That has to be a duplicate account.

No way more than one person believes Ersan Ilyasova is worth a 3rd pick. No way.

Any of yall thibk some way some how jan vesley starts taking steps forward to reach his potential?

don't know why this made me :lol:

I don't know what to expect from Jan...i have no clue if he will ever be good. I'd like to think maybe one day he can be a good energy guy off the bench that plays good defense/rebounds and runs the floor....but until he learns to actually shoot a jumper....i have 0 hopes or expectations

and my 2 cents on the Karl vs Randy debate....eh....i like george karl and i think he is a better coach then Randy but for what we would pay him...im cool with randy for now.

I'd say the odds of him "staying a bust" are about as high as Ernie must've been when he made that pick. 

I think they asked David Aldridge about Jan's skill set last year and he replied, "he has no skill set."  That's about the size of it.  As far as I'm concerned, this is his LAST year in Washington - and probably his last year in the NBA, now that David Kahn's out of the league.  He has a team option for $4.2 million in 2014-2015.  Ernie had better not be around to pick that up.  Jan's a certified bum.  I'd trade him for a sack of potatoes. 

I don't even get where the athleticism praise comes in.  His vertical's not that impressive; he's just deceptively tall.  The thought was always that he could use his reach to play the passing lanes, block shots, and rebound... but he can't do any of those things well (or without fouling).  Everyone wants to say, "well, if you gave him to Popovich he'd turn him into a solid contributor."  I don't believe that.  I think Pop would just waive him.  Jan was the ultimate reach.  I don't want a "high ceiling" guy who doesn't even have a solid foundation.  You might as well just start drafting basketball players' sons while they're still in diapers.  Or hey, who has a "higher ceiling" than a fetus?  They could grow up to be 7'6" with a 40" standing vertical!  Or they could grow up to be President of the United States!  

When will GMs learn to stop drafting for "potential" alone?   

Jan Vesely is not a basketball player.  He's just a tall man.  He's more likely to block your view than block your shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom