Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a crowd of around 11,000 fans in Charlotte for that game.

I can only imagine the horror that will be the Pistons vs Wizards match-up. They should just give tickets away to that one.....

Is it fair to say this team has hit rock bottom?  

0-5 sucked, but the team didn't play horribly and was in each of those games. There was at least a silver-lining in all of those games. A SLIGHT reason for optimism.

Tonight was a different story. I'm not sure what type of quick-fix that can happen to salvage a few wins until our stars get healthy. Any ideas?

That performance against Charlotte was the one of the worst I've ever seen. Without Wall and Nene, I think Washington is worse than last season's Bobcats. :x

And the schedule ahead is rough and rugged.

0-5 sucked, but the team didn't play horribly and was in each of those games. There was at least a silver-lining in all of those games. A SLIGHT reason for optimism.
Tonight was a different story. I'm not sure what type of quick-fix that can happen to salvage a few wins until our stars get healthy. Any ideas?

I was discussing this game and the state of the team with another long time Wiz fan. It is frustrating because at least last year it was comical with the roster they had and the team had no heart or desire.

This team is truly trying and hustling......but they are flat out not good enough. There is hardly any talent on this "NBA" level roster. Price, Okafor, Webster, Martin, Vesley, Ariza? There is 0 athleticism there....you can play hard, run hard, hustle, rotate, etc. but limited talent/skill will only get you so far. We have a bunch of role players or guys with intangibles playing starter/impact roles.

This stuff is a terrible. A truly poorly constructed team Not sure why Beal is not logging 35+ minutes.

I was discussing this game and the state of the team with another long time Wiz fan. It is frustrating because at least last year it was comical with the roster they had and the team had no heart or desire.
This team is truly trying and hustling......but they are flat out not good enough. There is hardly any talent on this "NBA" level roster. Price, Okafor, Webster, Martin, Vesley, Ariza? There is 0 athleticism there....you can play hard, run hard, hustle, rotate, etc. but limited talent/skill will only get you so far. We have a bunch of role players or guys with intangibles playing starter/impact roles.
This stuff is a terrible. A truly poorly constructed team Not sure why Beal is not logging 35+ minutes.

To be fair, Ves/Ariza are good athletes. However, a unit of Price, Okafor, Webster, Ves, and Ariza is comprised of nothing but role players. If you have 5 role players on the floor for the majority of the game (who roster - except for Beal is comprised of this), what should we expect? They'll play hard for the most part, but they lack the skill to win a close game. The roster construction falls on EG's lap. This is his doing. Honestly, I have no issue with how Randy Wittman is coaching. He's trying to make a chocolate cake out of a pile of dog ****. He's not the problem...the players on the roster aren't the problem....it's the architect of the team (EG) that should be embarrassed by what he's assembled. We're missing two of our best players, but how long are we going to use that as an excuse for not winning a game vs. the Bobcats of all teams? The culture change was necessary...but dare I say it? Was this team better off with the knuckleheads on the roster? It's a thought that's gone through my mind.

Bout to be 0-7 after tomorrow's debacle.

To be fair, Ves/Ariza are good athletes. However, a unit of Price, Okafor, Webster, Ves, and Ariza is comprised of nothing but role players. If you have 5 role players on the floor for the majority of the game (who roster - except for Beal is comprised of this), what should we expect? They'll play hard for the most part, but they lack the skill to win a close game. The roster construction falls on EG's lap. This is his doing. Honestly, I have no issue with how Randy Wittman is coaching. He's trying to make a chocolate cake out of a pile of dog ****. He's not the problem...the players on the roster aren't the problem....it's the architect of the team (EG) that should be embarrassed by what he's assembled. We're missing two of our best players, but how long are we going to use that as an excuse for not winning a game vs. the Bobcats of all teams? The culture change was necessary...but dare I say it? Was this team better off with the knuckleheads on the roster? It's a thought that's gone through my mind.
Bout to be 0-7 after tomorrow's debacle.

I am not knocking Randy either and that's exactly my point.....how hard can a team of marginal players really play? At a certain point, playing hard is all fine and dandy......but it is simply not enough to win. Ariza is a shell of whatever flashes he showed in LA, or maybe that was Kobe getting the most out of a jalopy and making it perform like it had some fine German engineering under its lackluster exterior. I don't know. Grunfield just doesn't care or seem like he gives a damn about making the team a contender. It is almost like Leonsis instructed him to do everything he could to have this team not compete......like some greater evil more diabolical plan is looming.

horrible display of basketball last night...I dont understand why we keep shooting 3's if we are shooting 6-45 every night...this team has no one who can drive to the basket with ease..except for JOHN WALL....smh man...Im a fan..but my god it sucks being a wizards fan

After watching Andray Blatche contribute to a Nyets victory last night. Yes.
Seraphin appears to be a bright spot
Beal is OK, but certainly not the shooter that was advertised. Got to be shooting in the low 30's.

Beal is 6 games in and is 19. He's had ups and downs, but to say he's not the shooter you thought he would be after this small of a sample is a bit premature, IMO.

Valid point, but I just checked and he's clocking in @ approx 33% from the field and behind the arc. That's no bueno. I am in his corner though. Perhaps better PG play, penetration, etc will open things up. Where is John Wall?

Valid point, but I just checked and he's clocking in @ approx 33% from the field and behind the arc. That's no bueno. I am in his corner though. Perhaps better PG play, penetration, etc will open things up. Where is John Wall?

Wall has a bum knee. Will hopefully be back in 2 weeks. Need him and Nene in the worst way right now. This team is going to be historically bad if they can't get back in by the 10-15 game mark.

I may be in the minority, but Jordan Crawford needs more burn. We have absolutely zero scoring.

I may be in the minority, but Jordan Crawford needs more burn. We have absolutely zero scoring.

Wittman needs to play Crawford/Beal together more often. Crawford, while not a PG, is the best distributor on the team.

The Bobcats are 4-3! FOUR AND THREE! They are on pace to pass their entire win total of last season a month into the season.

This game tonight was horrendous, once again despite a closer finish than the game actually was. Season is over before it began. |I

If i were John Wall i would sit out as long as i could until i was fully 100% healthy.

I agree with what everyone has already said. I usually look for the bright spots in the darkness. But I don't even know what to say anymore......

So first pick in the draft next year who we looking at :nerd:

Without the injured players this team is basically unwatchable. Just brutal. I've seen college teams play more aesthetically pleasing ball. To the surprise of no one, the Wiz are dead last in offensive efficiency. Team obviously isn't going anywhere so John should indeed take all the time he needs. Last thing this club needs is for it's franchise player to develop chronic knee problems (though it seems that's exactly what he has). :smh:

The Wizards just waived Jannero Pargo and signed Shaun Livingston.  

[sarcasm]Do you think he can learn our offense?[/sarcasm]

I bet Pargo put up little to no defense regarding this decision. Dude got an early Christmas present.

Juan Dixon will be the next addition. Popeyes Jones maybe? Jahidi White?

Who wants to start a pool on when the Wiz will get their first W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom