WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

If Dr. Strange looked like this what the hell is Spiderman gonna look like. WHAT THE HELL IS INFINITY WAR GONNA LOOK LIKE?! This **** even got me excited for Guardians 2. My goodness.

The trip that I went through when the ancient one mushed Strange through time, space and the multiverse :wow: :wow: :wow: :x I wasn't ready

Chris Hemsworth has low key excellent comedic chops. I was convinced by this via his skits and also
his Strange cameo
His comedic timing and skills are underused. They need to turn that boy loose in Ragnarok.

I don't understand the gripe with humor in this film. Film was hilarious. Wong listening to Beyoncé after he tried to flex like he didn't know who she was :lol:

Chris Hemsworth has low key excellent comedic chops. I was convinced by this via his skits and also
his Strange cameo
His comedic timing and skills are underused. They need to turn that boy loose in Ragnarok.

Hemsworth has always showed he's got jokes. That line in Avengers where everyone is arguing "you people are so petty...and tiny" :lol: he's been above midgard problems. His cameo in Strange was the Thor I've always wanted to see.

Last edited:
It was low key funny. Lol some of Cumberbatch's delivery was ehh, although I feel like it got better as the movie went on.

The cape was the comedic star of the movie.

If Dr. Strange looked like this what the hell is Spiderman gonna look like. WHAT THE HELL IS INFINITY WAR GONNA LOOK LIKE?! This **** even got me excited for Guardians 2. My goodness.

The trip that I went through when the ancient one mushed Strange through time, space and the multiverse :wow: :wow: :wow: :x I wasn't ready

BROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

that threw for a loop lol

How dude got a better car and watches than tony??

Last edited:
I haven't watched the movie.. but there was speculation that was one of Justin hammer's people from experimental armor in IM2 

Yeah That's My Whole Thing, It All Depends On The Time Line Of The Movie. I Think It Starts After Iron Man 2 & Ends After AOA. I'm Thinking Winter Soldier Was When He Forst Started Swagging In Public. Time To After AOA By End End Credit Scene

Hemsworth is really funny.

When he said
Hes adopted
Hangs mjoinir
The tiny joke
His facial expression when Cap almost picks up the hammer :lol:

6.7/8

Movie was great.. but completely agree with double toasted guys when they made the fore play joke.. just felt like everything happened way too quick

Just wish the initially stages were fleshed out a lil more

Just got out, Quck thoughts: it was fine.

- Classic B- C+ marvel origin film.

- The movie felt short, relationships and side characters aren't given enough time to develop.

- not everything has to be funny, please no one liners and zigers in Black Panther.

I should have went to see moonlight instead but I had to get these hot takes off. :lol:

Last edited:
Visuals were amazing and the action scenes were awesome.

Storywise, though, the movie was almost too simple...very underwhelming.

Very random. Are you not familiar with the director?

I expect all comedic relief and zingers to come from Everett K. Ross and they'll be better than Whedon humor.

yes im familiar. :rolleyes

but directors only have so much power in Feige-land and the light hearted jokey tone has been a mainstaple of every MCU film.

I felt it was forced in Dr Strange, I hope there is non of it in Black Panther.

yes im familiar.
eyes.gif

but directors only have so much power in Feige-land and the light hearted jokey tone has been a mainstaple of every MCU film.

I felt it was forced in Dr Strange, I hope there is non of it in Black Panther.
So Shane Black and James Gunn didn't have power?

So Shane Black and James Gunn didn't have power?

"only so much power"

Rebbecca Hall was supposed to be the villain in Iron Man 3 but that got changed.

also Gunn and Black natrually have a lot of humour in their writing...

scott derrickson on the other hand doesn't...but they forced it in their anyways...

Don't understand what else people were looking for storywise. If you never heard of Doctor Strange, this was a legitimate crash course. If you had heard of Strange, than you didn't come to the film to watch him go through medical school or his residency.

I mean the movie should've resonated with anyone who's ever worked hard to get to where they're at in life. The whole comparison to iron man thing is lazy on viewers part. Only thing they have in common is 2 wealthy people who are at the end of their rope. Except one inherits wealth and one had to work hard to get there. Their stories were never really similar in the comics. Even their looks were never really similar until RDJ rocked the thin chin strap and artist began modeling tony stark's character design after RDJ.

Movie did what it needed to do and then some. Also how many origin films does Marvel have? Like 5? Where are people ranking Marvel origin films :lol:

Last edited:
If you never heard of Doctor Strange, this was a legitimate crash course. If you had heard of Strange, than you didn't come to the film to watch him go through medical school or his residency.l

My only issue was too much of a crash course.. need to be a lil more IM1.. just a lil bit.. maybe have him actually attend the event and see him with other bright minds and him owning the crowd and owning them.. then the crash happening after that

Could even do a fast forward sequence kind of montage so it felt like a lil more time of dude reading learning training

Just felt rushed to:

Dude figuring things out.. being called a master and offered one of those spots.. and questioning the ancient one

I get being thrust into a fight before you're ready and finding out you're more ready than you ever thought you were.. one of those you just gotta jump and have faith in yourself things, like when he was thrown on Everest.. but the stuff after seemed unnecessarily rushed

^^ imo I saw no point in stretching out his life before the accident. You saw that he was skillfull surgeon with steady hands, you saw he was cocky and felt like he knew everything, and then the crash came when he was showing you the more off putting side of his personality. He was in car talking to his assistant surgeon deciding what surgery's were worth his time. It was perfect. We've seen arrogance and wealth on film before. Why would Marvel waste precious time in a film that they can use to get you ingratiated with the magic and spells Dr. Strange would be attempting? Him questioning the ancient one was something he was doing since he got there. He was excelling at a fast rate because he's used a brilliant mind. Between controlling the eye of agamotto and the cloak of levitation choosing him, Strange had built clout with Ancient one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom