WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

IM1 is overrated as hell to me. After he leaves the desert, movie goes downhill for me.

My only issue was too much of a crash course.. need to be a lil more IM1.. just a lil bit.. maybe have him actually attend the event and see him with other bright minds and him owning the crowd and owning them.. then the crash happening after that

Could even do a fast forward sequence kind of montage so it felt like a lil more time of dude reading learning training

Just felt rushed to:
Dude figuring things out.. being called a master and offered one of those spots.. and questioning the ancient one

I get being thrust into a fight before you're ready and finding out you're more ready than you ever thought you were.. one of those you just gotta jump and have faith in yourself things, like when he was thrown on Everest.. but the stuff after seemed unnecessarily rushed
Nah, no montage needed. It was evident that plenty of time went by as he learned more and more.
Nah,

^^ imo I saw no point in stretching out his life before the accident. You saw that he was skillfull surgeon with steady hands, you saw he was cocky and felt like he knew everything, and then the crash came when he was showing you the more off putting side of his personality. He was in car talking to his assistant surgeon deciding what surgery's were worth his time. It was perfect. We've seen arrogance and wealth on film before. Why would Marvel waste precious time in a film that they can use to get you ingratiated with the magic and spells Dr. Strange would be attempting?
I liked that they got the accident out of the way in the first 15 minutes. They wasn't wasting no time.

I liked that they got the accident out of the way in the first 15 minutes. They wasn't wasting no time.

They used the movies run time wisely. It was like the audience took the journey with strange. When ancient one opened his mind, it was like my mind was being opened as well. They needed time to really get you to believe in the magical side of Marvel. Just imagine how much they can do with Scarlett Witch now because of Strange.

I was filled with so much glee when the Sanctum Sanctorum popped up. When they showed the address on Bleecker Street too :wow: feels man

Movie was 115 mins.. at most I'm talking another 10 mins

Introducing another element to the MCU.. plus introducing a new character

CW was 147
Antman - 117
AOU - 141
GOTG - 122
WS - 136
Thor 2 - 112
IM3 - 130
A1 - 143
Cap - 124
Thor - 114
IM2 - 125
Hulk - 112
IM - 126

Very random. Are you not familiar with the director?

I expect all comedic relief and zingers to come from Everett K. Ross and they'll be better than Whedon humor.

yes im familiar. :rolleyes

but directors only have so much power in Feige-land and the light hearted jokey tone has been a mainstaple of every MCU film.

I felt it was forced in Dr Strange, I hope there is non of it in Black Panther.
I legit don't remember zingers or Whedon humor in Civil War that wasn't from the obvious comedic relief characters (I count Falcon cuz dude playing him is a bit of a clown).

When you say forced I have to ask if you up on the director or even remember T'Challa's portrayal cuz not much about the cast or the writer of the movie makes me think I'm getting forced humor in the solo.

Best I can think of is when one of the Dora Milaje came at BW.

To put it on Feige kinda just seems to be a bias and ignoring the possibility that the directors, all of them, chose to have some humor in their movies and they may actually think it's not forced.

Was it there in winter soldier?

Hell, tony feels different depending on which director is in charge

Last edited:
Yeah there def can't be any humor or cheesy one liners in Black Panther please

no idea why this is a concern

What about BP in CW gave reason for concern?

What in fruitvale station and/or creed gives reason for concern?

Last edited:

I'm not the only one who said it and plus I didn't even know there would be those in Dr.Strange.

You comparing a big budget marvel flick to fruitvale/creed as if Coogler has 100% control of every single aspect in this like he had those :lol: . Maybe he will but it was just a statement

Last edited:
I would've liked a Montage of him getting better. Felt like he went from being a noob who couldn't conjure a portal to becoming god level too fast.

I am glad they sped through the beginning of the movie.

Was it there in winter soldier?

Hell, tony feels different depending on which director is in charge
I just went with most recent but I don't remember much of that humor in TWS either.

With Tony it's a given cuz it works.

Thor tries too hard and they don't embrace the cosmic fantasy mythology.

Ant-Man, Spidey, GotG (given members) a given.

Now while one may not expect it with Dr. Strange, he's such a blank slate to the movie audience it doesn't hurt to try and go for dry humor or deadpan or with an unexpected laugh or two. I doubt it was filled with attempted jokes on a Tony sSark level. Were there forced Whedon like zingers? Or just jokes some didn't like?

Either way given BP's showing, they'd have to force in some new character cracking jokes to pull off forced zingers. I just don't see it as a huge problem.

Last edited:
Nothing was forced, and it wasn't even that much humor. Literally you could count the amount of jokes on one hand

Am I  the only one who feels like this is their strongest 3rd act in a film?

Nothing was forced, and it wasn't even that much humor. Literally you could count the amount of jokes on one hand

You could count the number of jokes that hit on one hand.

First thoughts coming out without being too spoilery:

Corny lines and flat jokes hurt the movie for me. Every scene with Tilda Swinton was fire. Mordo was awesome...although I have some questions about his last scene. Dormammu [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Action scenes were amazing.

4.99/8 for me.

Last edited:

I'm not the only one who said it and plus I didn't even know there would be those in Dr.Strange.

You comparing a big budget marvel flick to fruitvale/creed as if Coogler has 100% control of every single aspect in this like he had those :lol: . Maybe he will but it was just a statement

You don't believe the director's previous work is relevant to the discussion plus the casting choices?

And the wifi password joke was in the trailer for the movie

This was dr strange's first appearance in the MCU, we didn't really know what exactly to expect.. BP played a pretty big role in CW

The Beyoncé joke was bad and made me cringe.. didn't really have a problem with the others

Movie was awesome 
pimp.gif

Wow!! Just streamed it killing some hrs at work. Man I was doubtful about this when I saw trailers. Now after seeing it, and not knowing to much about Dr.Strange. I can say this movie kickd *****!! The flow was good no dull moments. And the way whole storyline for me not knowing much about Dr.Strange was perfect. Can someone spoiler the second after credits. Only saw the first one.
Thanks

Last edited:
Wow!! Just streamed it killing some hrs at work. Man I was doubtful about this when I saw trailers. Now after seeing it, and not knowing to much about Dr.Strange. I can say this movie kickd *****!! The flow was good no dull moments. And the way whole storyline for me not knowing much about Dr.Strange was perfect. Can someone spoiler the second after credits. Only saw the first one.
Thanks

Go see it in person!

We need the green light on more projects like these lol

Thanks

Thank you for being an unbiased fan. This is what I'm talking about people. For Marvel to do a Stephen Strange film and for it to resonate like this with people who aren't familiar with him, bravo Marvel. You're turning these characters that got me no ***** growing up into rock stars :lol:

Back
Top Bottom