WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

It's a clear toss up between cap or Thor for the worst origin film.. definitive lower tier

Antman is way better than both..

But then you have the clear upper tier of: IM, GOTG and now this

Last edited:
I like Cap. But as far as his origin film goes I can't put it over IM, Strange, GotG or Ant Man. Which ones would you put Cap over?!? Lol

Last edited:
Finally people who talk sense.
Cap/ironman> antman/gotg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6>>>>>>>6666666>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor

To be fair, I think if Marvel could do it all over again they would make his origin much much better.

The marvel that made the cap origin is not the same as the marvel that made the newer origin movies.

Marvel really lucked out with iron man 1

Dudes.

Cap origin was good.

I think they developed the character in such a great way that it set up the sweet love story between him and buck that much better.....

[emoji]128517[/emoji]

To be fair, I think if Marvel could do it all over again they would make his origin much much better.

The marvel that made the cap origin is not the same as the marvel that made the newer origin movies.

Marvel really lucked out with iron man 1

Not really, but yea..

Favreau is a huge IM fan and rdj is rdj, plus having the dude.. marvel screwed IM2 not allowing him to do his thing

Cap took them 2 movies to kinda figure out (cap and avengers).. Thor they're still trying to figure out.. they know they have pieces

Also I assume surtur is coming which is why a certain character was purple

Not sure if I'm on the right side of the argument when I'm siding with Team Stannis :lol:

Cap TFA was probably the most true to the comic movie we've had yet. It had a great historic feel with a sci-fi twist to it. Plenty of Easter eggs for all future movies to come and one of the best marvel villains to date.

Plus it really established the grounds of the character for the rest of his trilogy. You don't get Empire Strikes Back without A New Hope.

Most of the cap origin is cool but I think with Cap if they could redo it all over again they'd redo the tone and the feel of the movie. It was set in ww2 and you never really felt like it was. It was a very disneyfied film

Most of the cap origin is cool but I think with Cap if they could redo it all over again they'd redo the tone and the feel of the movie. It was set in ww2 and you never really felt like it was. It was a very disneyfied film

I def felt it was set in WW2

I feel what you're saying amel, but I don't think they really wanted a Saving Private Ryan tone neither. Difficult to play with history and add a fictional twist to it and make it believable, which I thought they did well with the tone.

You guys can say that Stephen Strange isn't supposed to be funny - and I agree - but in a handful of instances they did set up punchlines for him that were meant to be funny and I felt like Cumberbatch didn't deliver most of them well. Not really a knock on Cumberbatch. And like I keep saying, most of the cringeworthy stuff is at the beginning anyway. He doesn't have to be perfect at everything :lol:
To me the lines written were purposely weak.

The line Wong laughed at wouldn't be funny by anybody unless you choosing a comedian and then Strange is out of character.

Like what lines were suppose to make you lol? The Adele, Eminem stuff? There were more funny scenes/situations than funny lines. Strange and his sense of humor were all summed up when all his jokes fell flat on Wong and he said most ppl consider me to be a funny person. He got that weak witty humor.

I do wish they kept the password scene in the movie.

Either way it really isn't a big deal and nitpicky to me.

Ask your new best friend Zik where Cap falls on that origin list and he'll tell you the same [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Actually, if I'm right, he'll put it right at the bottom
Thor's "origin" movie is worse than Cap's.

So 2nd to last.

I think that would be weak. He should want it for himself.
Eh, he's all about the rules and natural order.

If he wants it for himself it's just to keep others from using and abusing it.

But yeah he wouldn't help Thanos and if he did it would be to betray him and use the gauntlet himself.

Last edited:
That one punchline Wong finally laughed at was purposely weak but that was part of the humor. Of all the jokes to laugh at, Wong picks that to laugh at :lol:

Wong laughing got the crowd howling. One of the few bits that was funny to the crowd.

Idk to be honest most of the punchlines were not memorable to me. So I can't even tell you right now.

The one I do remember was probably the most cringeworthy. It was at the beginning and Strange was strutting and pimp walking to his successful surgery when he was talking to McAdam's character. He said something that was supposed to be a comedic beat and it was :x

I do agree that to complain about the humor is unnecessary and not a big deal. My initial comments are directed at those ppl complaining that the humor was forced.

Last edited:
That's pretty much my point. They ain't suppose to be memorable. Just lightness you might smirk at during the movie for levity.

My crowd was laughing at the cloak, when Wong laughed, a quick laugh at Wong listening to Beyonce, and Thor. Maybe one or two other chuckles at other parts.

Also I assume surtur is coming which is why a certain character was purple
True. All the villains can't be made of fire. :lol:
Forgot to mention this. I liked Dormmamu's look. He looked creepy and like a real demon Lord or w/e he is.

He couldn't be a head full of fire with Surtur around the corner :lol:

Not sure if I'm on the right side of the argument when I'm siding with Team Stannis :lol:

Cap TFA was probably the most true to the comic movie we've had yet. It had a great historic feel with a sci-fi twist to it. Plenty of Easter eggs for all future movies to come and one of the best marvel villains to date.

Plus it really established the grounds of the character for the rest of his trilogy. You don't get Empire Strikes Back without A New Hope.
The Cap movie was not good.

Didn't feel like it was in WW2 at all and it was cliff notes of Cap's comic origin. Felt like more of a parody of the 40s war era than anything.

Boggles my mind ppl think that movie was good let alone great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom