WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

just got back movie was solid.

kind of confused on how powerful these beings are as Strange seemed crazy powerful but then you hear things from Feige saying Capt Marvel is the most powerful. I need to look up a crash course on her, thought she just had powers similar to superman, shows how much I know.

I liked the pacing and how they just kinda got to the point, while I'm sure I'm in the minority, didn't want some drawn out origin story, loved how the first 15 minutes were that and the rest was training and fighting.

After thinking it over, it's the eye that made him god like. Without it, Captain Marvel might be number one in the power department. Maybe.

Yea. The eye made him powerful. Other than that, dude kept getting worked. And the cloak saved him a lot.

Where was the ancient one when earth was getting that work from Ultron and Loki :lol:
Mystical threats only. 
With that said Loki is a bit mystical, all the 9 realms really are unless they're really going with Asgardians and the rest are just aliens take.

Even then the infinity stones are cosmic and Loki was running around with 2 in play and she let the Avengers rock. Same thing in the Dark World with Malekith using another infinity stone.

I can buy the argument that she saw multiple futures of Strange and didn't know which path Strange was on at the moment. That's cool.

The other argument that it was by design to humble him does not match up well with her conversation with Mordo.
Eh, it still works. She just left Mordo out of the loop on Strange's training. That's obvious.

After thinking it over, it's the eye that made him god like. Without it, Captain Marvel might be number one in the power department. Maybe.
Anybody will look bad *** with an infinity stone.

Strange was just especially skilled/precise and lucky with it which is why he looked so powerful. If Loki or Vision were using the mind gem right, the Avengers would be dead or half of AOU would've happened in ppl's heads and all of Civil War would've just nicely played out in several different ways as a dream with no casualties while Zemo would've been locked up once he showed up in Vienna.
just got back movie was solid.

kind of confused on how powerful these beings are as Strange seemed crazy powerful but then you hear things from Feige saying Capt Marvel is the most powerful. I need to look up a crash course on her, thought she just had powers similar to superman, shows how much I know.

I liked the pacing and how they just kinda got to the point, while I'm sure I'm in the minority, didn't want some drawn out origin story, loved how the first 15 minutes were that and the rest was training and fighting.
Without the time stone he would've died when it came to dealing with Kaecilius let alone Dormammu. I mean dudes decide to finally team up and their too late :lol:

I give Strange props for using it so well.

Last edited:
Just came back from my second viewing. I noticed that the AO was using power from the dark dimension the whole time. Didn't catch that the first time.

Just came back from my second viewing. I noticed that the AO was using power from the dark dimension the whole time. Didn't catch that the first time.
Don't think she used it the whole time. Only time she used it was when they were outside the mirror dimension folding matter and **** near the end before her bald headed *** fell and plunged to her death. That's from what I remember.

She used it in the first fight against Kaecilius. She was bending reality on the streets before Dr. Strange made his first appearance. But maybe we're agreeing there. Not to mention the obvious cheating death thing.

I feel like after this phase is over the MCU will create the illuminati for the infinity gems to stay play a role in future films and of course create tension amongst the members who own a stone and the rest of the Marvel heroes. I can def see it happening to keep RDJ around albeit not so much in the forefront as he is now but still a major presence who can pop up any time. I feel like all the original members will be part of it except for Professor X ( :rolleyes) who will be replaced by Black Panther who actually joins the illuminati later.

That being said, we have garbage *** Inhumans in the works officially for Black Bolt, Stark, Strange, Panther... Reed and Namor are big toss ups but I have a feeling we'all see both of them VERY soon...

Doubt we're seeing Reed or Namor.

Def not the F4 given Feige's recent comments about nothing changing with their relationship with FOX and how they're just moving ahead.

Best case scenario, FOX just doesn't do another reboot and the F4 rights revert to Marvel after phase 4 has already started.

Would be great to see the Illuminati get started though. Given how things are I can't see Thor not try to Bogart his way in to the group. Could easily see maybe the Guardians try to get in on that. If Blackbolt shows up he'll get one, would be nice if he put in work in IW or pt. 2.

Having them all on Earth is just a bad idea

Last edited:
Going to be a sad day when he can no longer do cameos. I'm still mad they didn't give him the role of the old guy talking to Bruce in Avengers 1. Movie going down in comic book history for breaking precedence and his role was very blink or miss lol

What book was Stan reading on the bus that was hilarious?

At first it was a Dr. Strange comic but it wasn't.

I feel like after this phase is over the MCU will create the illuminati for the infinity gems to stay play a role in future films and of course create tension amongst the members who own a stone and the rest of the Marvel heroes. I can def see it happening to keep RDJ around albeit not so much in the forefront as he is now but still a major presence who can pop up any time. I feel like all the original members will be part of it except for Professor X (
eyes.gif
) who will be replaced by Black Panther who actually joins the illuminati later.

That being said, we have garbage *** Inhumans in the works officially for Black Bolt, Stark, Strange, Panther... Reed and Namor are big toss ups but I have a feeling we'all see both of them VERY soon...
The infinity stones being an issue is highly plausible. I wonder what film ends phase 3.

What book was Stan reading on the bus that was hilarious?

At first it was a Dr. Strange comic but it wasn't.

Doors of Perception by Albous Huxley. Thought it was hilarious how this film was self aware enough to be associated with mind altering drugs. I was so blazed watching that movie. Couldn't imagine being on LSD and watching that crazy trip Strange went through.

...as far as Fox and Marvel's relationship, it could be Feige playing his cards close to the chest. I don't think Marvel would only want money as it pertained to Fox getting Xmen tv rights when they're printing money on their own right now. And Infinty War is set to have a lot more new character according to the Russo's who were adamant on source material and getting Spiderman in Civil war. I mean between Danvers and maybe the royal family I can't see anyone else who could be added other than the F4. You can't really delve into cosmic events without them or their villains but at the same time they would have had to be established...as far Namor though, Universal is open with Fox. We don't need a Namor movie but with Aquaman poised to steal the show in the JL movie, Marvel could take the wind out of their sales with their own Atlantean king appearing alongside the Avengers, Spiderman and other bigger box office heroes from Marvel

Last edited:
Going to see it tomorrow. Just need to know if 3D is a must?? I was doing imax reguardless but need to know if adding that 3D charge is worth it.

[\video]

I usually side with Schnepp and Campea on a lot, but I definitely agree 100% with Harloff

Last edited:
Just saw Dr. Strange, I enjoyed it. Like the person above said, the 3D is definitely worth the extra cash. Probably the best movie I've seen in 3D so far. Be sure to stay for the after credits scenes, there's two of them.

Seeing these movies makes me sad how DC keeps screwing up their adaptations...i'll always have TDK.

I liked Dr. Strange but I'm getting antsy how their gonna tie everything together. We got less than two years till part 1 right?? Super excited to see how this ends with Thanos

Seeing these movies makes me sad how DC keeps screwing up their adaptations...i'll always have TDK.

I liked Dr. Strange but I'm getting antsy how their gonna tie everything together. We got less than two years till part 1 right?? Super excited to see how this ends with Thanos

Tie it all together?

That was an infinity gem the good doc was using at the end

Was also an infinity gem in: cap1, avengers, GOTG, Thor 2, AOU, technically CW (vision) and now this

Thor had a clip of the glove

Tie it all together?

That was an infinity gem the good doc was using at the end

Was also an infinity gem in: cap1, avengers, GOTG, Thor 2, AOU, technically CW (vision) and now this

Thor had a clip of the glove

allow me to clarify

I'm interested in how marvel will balance out not only the multi-faceted personalities of all of its actors and actresses (civil war paints me a great picture but we're still missing all of GOTG) but also in how Marvel will handle a storyline involving reality-bending gems & Thanos. My anxiousness comes from how GOTG ended which imo was a sore spot in an amazing movie.

allow me to clarify

I'm interested in how marvel will balance out not only the multi-faceted personalities of all of its actors and actresses (civil war paints me a great picture but we're still missing all of GOTG) but also in how Marvel will handle a storyline involving reality-bending
gems & Thanos. My anxiousness comes from how GOTG ended which imo was a sore spot in an amazing movie.

Well, by the time we get to "Infinte Wars" then I would assume they showcase all the gems. Part 1 Thanos assembles all gems. Part 2 they defeat him.
These gems are really strong on their own, I can only imagine how strong he could be.

Back
Top Bottom