WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

A running joke that would be awesome in later ensemble films is Strange's inability to tell a joke :lol:

One thing I notice is that even when he's telling a joke, he has that self aware, smug and arrogant quality to his delivery. Like one of those guys who thinks he's funnier than he really is.

I can see myself dying at him telling a joke and he thinks it's hilarious and the whole room is crickets. Than Stark roasts him to oblivion for the joke :rofl:

Last edited:
The concept was there for Cap 1. I liked the movie and given the infancy of Marvel studios at the time I give a lot of that movie a pass. It'd be a different story if they tried to pass that exact movie off in 2016.

Most of the issues aren't with the plot at all. I'd gather they could keep the plot of Cap 1 mostly intact, and it'd be fire with someone like the Russos shooting the movie like they shot Cap 2, with more realism and grit.

A Cap 1 plot, but shot Cap 2 style :wow:

The handheld camera technique that the Russos just love to do so much during action sequences would've worked well for a movie set in ww2

Last edited:
Double toasted guys made the prefect analogy, movie just needed a lil more foreplay before really getting really down to business..

I getting stumbling on the time gem and figuring out some things fast because he's an extremely smart guy that has a strong connection to the force per se..

Even get dude being thrust into a fight before he was ready and pulling some shhh out of his a*]*^{^{ because survival instincts kick in

Just didn't get the need for the ancient one to offer him that post and title right then and there.. everything just felt rushed when it didn't need to be

Hell, those particular aspects weren't even really vital to the story

Because really dude used his smarts with the knowledge he had to that point.. to essentially pull stuff none of them were really expecting

And it made sense for the glass realm thing to backfire since dude just acted with the limited knowledge he had

Like when a underdog team runs a hook n ladder or something

Last edited:
Double toasted guys made the prefect analogy, movie just needed a lil more foreplay before really getting really down to business..

I getting stumbling on the time gem and figuring out some things fast because he's an extremely smart guy that has a strong connection to the force per se..

Even get dude being thrust into a fight before he was ready and pulling some shhh out of his a*]*^{^{ because survival instincts kick in

Just didn't get the need for the ancient one to offer him that post and title right then and there.. everything just felt rushed when it didn't need to be

Hell, those particular aspects weren't even really vital to the story

Because really dude used his smarts with the knowledge he had to that point.. to essentially pull stuff none of them were really expecting

And it made sense for the glass realm thing to backfire since dude just acted with the limited knowledge he had

Like when a underdog team runs a hook n ladder or something

The Ancient One knew her timeline was coming to an end. She knew Strange was coming before he even knew. She said she saw everything, including her death before it all happened, so she knew he was the one and that he was ready. The only thing she couldn't predict was his future after she dies.

Last edited:
That's the thing that bothered me

Supposedly she foresaw everything leading up to her death. Why was she hesitant then to take Strange in at first. She needed convincing from Mordo.

Also when can we stop with spoilers. It's exhausting lol

Supposedly she foresaw everything leading up to her death. Why was she hesitant then to take Strange in at first. She needed convincing from Mordo.
She could've thought it wasn't the right time for him to come, and she didn't want another Kaecilius on her hands because Strange was arrogant from the jump.

Last edited:
I don't know. I'm guessing she had her reasoning. Maybe she couldn't make everything appear to be too easy for him. Dude was already an a-hole. Why start off with him running the show when he has to be humbled in order to be trained?

Last edited:
The Ancient One knew her timeline was coming to an end. She knew Strange was coming before he even knew. She said she saw everything, including her death before it all happened, so she knew he was the one and that he was ready. The only thing she couldn't predict was his future after she dies.

I get all of that.. doesn't change anything

The offer of that position and the title, doesn't change anything

If anything that would make the Everest scene make more sense, since obviously she gets how important dude is and the need for him to get out of his own head

I don't know. I'm guessing she had her reasoning. Maybe she couldn't make everything appear to be too easy for him. Dude was already an a-hole. Why start off with him running the show when he has to be humbled in order to be trained?

Thing was, in her conversation with Mordo, she seemed unsure that taking him in was the right idea. Now why would she be unsure if she saw everything that was going to happen already.

Cuz she didn't just see one future. She said she had prevented countless terrible possible futures but they all led to that point and she couldn't look past it.

There was always the risk Strange goes bad like Kaecilius. Also maybe denying him was an act and he needed him to show his determination so it wouldn't be easy for him. All sorts of reasons if she can see in to the future.

Last edited:
Exactly. Also Strange is not the Sorceror Supreme at the end of the movie, he's still learning. Once strange showed his control over the eye of agamotto and the cloak of levitation chose him, he was proven.

He should've levitated a bit more. Especially when they entered that mirror universe and Kaelicius and co. was washing them.

Thing was, in her conversation with Mordo, she seemed unsure that taking him in was the right idea. Now why would she be unsure if she saw everything that was going to happen already.
She still has to live in the time that she's in now. Dude was arrogant. Simple as that. After he saw the light, she gave him a chance. It all comes down to her believing in her head that he wasn't ready at that moment or like Zik said that it could've all been a ruse to humble him.

Last edited:
Where was the ancient one when earth was getting that work from Ultron and Loki
laugh.gif
Mystical threats only. 

I can buy the argument that she saw multiple futures of Strange and didn't know which path Strange was on at the moment. That's cool.

The other argument that it was by design to humble him does not match up well with her conversation with Mordo.

Back
Top Bottom