WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

A2 was just missing that something that A1 had

It was just a magical feeling to experience A1. Like you were a part of a historic event.

A2 was just missing that something that A1 had

It was just a magical feeling to experience A1. Like you were a part of a historic event.
Yeah kinda true.

IW will have that same feelings because it's the big culmination of everything with the big bad finally being there

I was doing it more for Box Office projection for IW. So I look at the historical data for the 2 previous films. A2 was definately not up to par with A1. The pacing was off, it felt like an incompletely film, etc.

Even with all of A2 faults it still only did $100 mil less than A1

I just think that if IW is a great film like A!, then I dont see why it wouldnt surpass A! at the box

Avengers 1 was the first movie I ever watched on IMAX.

Hoping we can do that again with the same friends for IW. Only thing is, we have kids now lol. Planning is going to take some time.

I was doing it more for Box Office projection for IW. So I look at the historical data for the 2 previous films. A2 was definately not up to par with A1. The pacing was off, it felt like an incompletely film, etc.

Even with all of A2 faults it still only did $100 mil less than A1

I just think that if IW is a great film like A!, then I dont see why it wouldnt surpass A! at the box

The potential to surpass it is there

There seems to be a lot more hype than I expected

The trailer just crossed 2 million likes on YouTube

You really don't see that too often on YouTube. Maybe not ever

Trailer is closing in on 300k comments. A lot of trailers don't even get 300k likes lol

literally just needed someone to stand in for this:

giphy.gif
I kinda prefer a physical actor rather than an all CGI character for Thanos. He look more menacing here.

The potential to surpass it is there

There seems to be a lot more hype than I expected

The trailer just crossed 2 million likes on YouTube

You really don't see that too often on YouTube. Maybe not ever

Trailer is closing in on 300k comments. A lot of trailers don't even get 300k likes lol

I think people saw Justice League and felt like they didn't get the level of connection they are used to like they do with MCU movies, I'm just guessing.

Another thing I think happened is that what MCU gets right, DC shows some serious flaws. It's that whole thing where you don't notice how bad something is until you've had better.

I'll get more into it when we all re-watch IM3 but the reason I like it is because it gives us a better look into Stark's character and history. Even after the Battle of NY, he's still a jackass and if anything, has become more scared/insecure/paranoid. Him being without the suit and actually interacting with people was a plus for me.

It's obviously a flawed Marvel entry but as a film, it gets unfairly crapped on IMO

yah scheduling is tough, we got to do like 1 movie per week since we'll have ~22 weeks starting tomorrow but we got to take a BP break which could be 2-3 weeks long easily which leaves us with 18 weeks minus one week where some might just be too busy during the xmas/ny week

here's a rough schedule of no breaks, 2 week discussion for the avengers films because it ends the phases and 3 weeks for BP
I think i got the dates/weeks right and covered all the MCU films but I'm not 100%
(oops, got the year wrong on IW :lol: , also technically antman ended phase 2 but I dont think we need 2 weeks for that)
321.png
gonna have to print this out and put it on my fridge like a chore calendar

AoU was not an enjoyable movie to watch.

I think it got serious too quick. I felt like after the first 30 minutes of the movie, I was wondering why the story line got too relaxed then sped up to get to the ending that left a lot of questions.

AoU was not an enjoyable movie to watch.

Had too much going to appreciate the good.. kinda like IM2.. but a lot more good

Ain't much touching hulkbuster scene.. and everything vision.. needs less focus on SW and quicksilver and hawkeye and fam

I think it got serious too quick. I felt like after the first 30 minutes of the movie, I was wondering why the story line got too relaxed then sped up to get to the ending that left a lot of questions.

I literally just finished re-watching it with my brother. I honestly believe if Joss was given complete control,, it would have turned out better (not amazing but better). That Thor subplot was really not needed.

I hadn't watched it in a long time but one of my gripes is Elizabeth Olsen's accent in it. It's painful.

I hadn't watched it in a long time but one of my gripes is Elizabeth Olsen's accent in it. It's painful.

Her face is painful to watch. I don't think she fits the role, honestly. Aside from her being much weaker than her comic book version, she's a filler character for me.

Had too much going to appreciate the good.. kinda like IM2.. but a lot more good

Ain't much touching hulkbuster scene.. and everything vision.. needs less focus on SW and quicksilver and hawkeye and fam

I literally just finished re-watching it with my brother. I honestly believe if Joss was given complete control,, it would have turned out better (not amazing but better). That Thor subplot was really not needed.

I agree with those changes but also make Ultron less jokey. One Stark is enough

I don't know. I'm probably in the minority that loved Ultron. His delivery and general douchebaggery was great. It was refreshing to see a killer robot that doesn't just go "Beep beep kill ALL humans beep beep boop beep"

AoU was the first time I felt Marvel cracking under the weight of all its present and future story-telling.

I mean, Joss Whedon has gone on record as saying there was some studio meddling. Instead of keeping steady,, the film was busy setting up Thor's future adventures,, Hulk's eventual disappearance,, friction between Cap/Iron leading to Civil War, etc..... too many sub-plots

It was meh to me. If it’s on tv, I won’t even leave it on the channel to watch for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom