WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Great movie, saw it Friday, will see it again this afternoon.

Would be interested to know how many moviegoers watched Civil War and will see Infinity war. While the deep politics of this movie are interesting to debate, especially in the "hotep community"), a lot of T'Challa beliefs, reservations and motivations carry over from the events of Civil War and must flow seamlessly into Infinity War.

Remember (fictional world), Wakanda sat back and watched super heroes and villains and aliens tear up cities since WW2, imagine if they had the vibranium which would make it even worse. Red Skull and Hydra surely would have tried to run all up in Wakanda and try to take that. Watching the Hulk and Iron Man wreck an African city in AOU. You can see why they stayed isolated from the affairs of the world. So its hard to apply real world social-political issues to their decision to not want to get involved.

If anything it lends more credence to why T’Challa had to get involved. Klaue with the little bit of vibranium he got his hands on essentially caused all of the events in Age of Ultron. That’s why it made Killmonger’s plan, though noble and seemingly the “right” thing to do VERY dangerous. T’Challa chose to take responsibility for his country’s resources winding up in anyone’s hands he doesn’t approve of.

This the first time ibmve been attracted to Lupita. Shorty skin make of the purest cocoa.

Angela BASSET WAS LOOKIN LIKE STORM!!!!!!

Smh what coulda been.

I can see that. The stone come down a part of or inside the vibranium and got imbedded in the soil at that spot which causes the herb to grow with that effect.
some are speculating that it's the purple stone T'Challa's mother is wearing as it's part of the original vibranium meteor that first landed years ago

Also gotta keep in mind the times we are in. If A1 comes out today, it shatters that

Also need to keep in mind that Black Panther is a February release. If BP would've come out in May it would make even more money.The fact that this movie is going Summer movie number is February is ridiculous. If they would've foreseen this type of hype they would've moved BP's release into May or June.

When BP was announced Marvel didn't expect it to have this much buzz or make this much money. They anticipated earning more in line with their other Solo films like Thor and Ant-Man ($80-$90 million, $100 milliion maybe).

some are speculating that it's the purple stone T'Challa's mother is wearing as it's part of the original vibranium meteor that first landed years ago

I never really played attention to her necklace :wow: will look out for that in my 3rd viewing today lol

Also need to keep in mind that Black Panther is a February release. If BP would've come out in May it would make even more money.The fact that this movie is going Summer movie number is February is ridiculous. If they would've foreseen this type of hype they would've moved BP's release into May or June.

When BP was announced Marvel didn't expect it to have this much buzz or make this much money. They anticipated earning more in line with their other Solo films like Thor and Ant-Man ($80-$90 million, $100 milliion maybe).
There was hype for BP immediately after CW lol the movie could've easily been pushed back

I'm not surprised on the numbers the movie is doing. Any other CBM wouldnt have done as much because not many colored folk wouldve cared to go see em. And tbh, a February release made the most sense being its Black History Month as well

Either way, I'm just appreciating the goodness. On to IW

Timing for this movie was good if you have IW on deck for May. Can't have this within a few weeks of the movie you spent 10 years bringing this all together. They new this would do big regardless of being Feb. A risk that paid off and that another movie may never duplicate again in Feb. Look how everyone started buzzing the moment the teaser dropped.

There was hype for BP immediately after CW lol the movie could've easily been pushed back

I'm not surprised on the numbers the movie is doing. Any other CBM wouldnt have done as much because not many colored folk wouldve cared to go see em. And tbh, a February release made the most sense being its Black History Month as well

Either way, I'm just appreciating the goodness. On to IW

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-black-panther/
The hype was there for Black people but things didn't really get rolling until we saw the trailer, learned who was in it and things came to ahead when the first round of reviews came in. As late as 2 months ago Box Office projections were under $100m. Also, they couldn't really push it back with the Avengers movie coming out in May.

Opening over Presidents Day weekend will afford the opportunity for families to boost attendance on Sunday. If everything fires on all cylinders, a $100 million+ opening weekend wouldn’t be out of the question.

If you look back at box office projections from last summer experts were projecting $70-$80 million.

Last edited:
She is fine. Dime piece, dark skin sista rockin her natural neatly and proudly. Been internet stalkin her for about 2 weeks now :lol:
Not just how she looks. Her swag makes her sexy too. And it seemed like she upped that swag for the movie. The way she walked with so much confidence.. lol

All those preliminaries and tracking numbers doubted the culture and the strength of it. :smh:

CAN WE GET AN MCU BLADE MOVIE REBOOT?

Black Panther is kind of a perfect storm of blackness though. So many veteran black actors wanting to be part of something unique and special, one of the hottest directors out and also the biggest rapper produced the soundtrack. It would be hard for Blade to follow that up

Too bad mahershala Ali was in Luke cage.. or even MBJ

Could give Derek Luke a call
latest

I've been following the box office tracking for a minute and leading up to the release the projections kept getting higher and higher

First 80-90 weekend, then 120, then 160, then 190... Lol

It's the lack of precedence for an all black film on this scale that made it hard to calculate. If there was a similar movie to base projections on, numbers predicted would've been more accurate early on

EE0AD996-3D5F-4439-9446-3B577307AA6B.jpeg
I’m going to see the movie for the 3rd time later this afternoon with my daughter. But look at this nonsense one thing I hate about my people is these fake social media warriors all talk no action.

Back
Top Bottom