WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

This happened. They captured her. She went super saiyan, she escaped. Then they called ronan in.

At the end.. could have happened way earlier and make her a tool they're using to try and find the space stone

So they don't care about using her as a soldier.. she's a tool for the bigger prize or the knee set her up to get caught to be able to locate the skrulls.. basically you get into everything quicker and story is smoother

She chooses to come to earth and rest can still happen, but it's a smoother story.. either she gets clues early that kree aren't really who they claim to be (so like Finn in star wars or the black mirror episode, she chooses to leave) or the small glimpse into her past causes her to choose to leave to figure out who she is

She stared at Ronan's ship, dared him to attack, and he didn't. He chose to leave.

Name one hero that would attack when the enemy is retreating?

You don't just let the enemy leave.. and they did attack already

Really, that's why I didn't have an issue with the no doubt song timing.. I assumed that was her awkward figuring out her real powers against a not real threat opponent

AND then Ronan would be the real real final fight

th

You don't just let the enemy leave.. and they did attack already

Lots of heroes let the enemies leave, or surrender. It's part of their DNA called mercy. Plenty of enemies take advantage of that mercy, attack, likely when the hero's back is turned, and then the enemy dies anyway.

In Ronan's case he was just actually smart and retreated. If he had tried to sucker attack her she would've wrecked him.

Literally almost every hero in comic book history is built this way. It's just part of their moral code. There are exceptions and captain marvel is not that exception.

I am legitimately surprised that you guys would even argue otherwise.

Last edited:
With Captain Marvel doing the numbers it just did, Eternals being green lit, Bautista not knowing how to shut up and of course #F4byke it may be safe to say that Endgame will be the last time we see the Guardians of the Galaxy. Can’t say I’m upset with how much I hated Guardians 1 but I absolutely adored Guardians 2 however. The group shot scene into Mantis getting hit is beautifully shot with Karen Gillian being the MVP for that cool *** snuff she did out of nowhere. What corner was she hanging out on before she shot that scene? :lol: She looked in the camera and everything. Improv game on 10

Lots of heroes let the enemies leave, or surrender. It's part of their DNA called mercy. Plenty of enemies take advantage of that mercy, attack, likely when the hero's back is turned, and then the enemy dies anyway.

In Ronan's case he was just actually smart and retreated. If he had tried to sucker attack her she would've wrecked him.

Surrender, yes

But they just don't "let the enemies leave".. usually you'll have something take place that'll allow them to escape

Take thanos in IW, he had a big a*** axe in his chest.. snapped.. AND used an infinity gem to escape

Dr strange made a deal with dorimonu.. Thor used surtur to take out hela.. give 1 example of the hero just rolling up on a known threat and doing zero

I mean she's been with the kree for 6 years, gotta assume she knows the threat Ronan is

I am pretty sure Feige said they are moving forward with GotG 3 and using gunn's script.

Feige said Inhumans would be a movie too. Draw is too essential of a character to be replaced by another actor this deep into continuity and there’s no way Bautista returns to do a Guardians 3 with **** he was talking about the mouse.

The more I watch stuff on and read up on the movie, the more concerned I'm about whoever wrote the movie

We were told fury knew Howard stark.. we know Howard stark found the space stone way back shortly after cap went into the ice with it, worked on the stone and was a senior member of shield in late 80s.. and died in '91.. flight takes place in '89

The movie should have started with it's focus on Annette bening's character and have Howard stark and Peggy Carter give cameos and also fury.. and then Carol danvers and her friend are the test pilots brought in, then you can go into the whole struggle they had and why exceptional pilots would be available (so it echos the Peggy Carter stuff)

But then you establish fury has familiarity with Carol and with what happened and also explains how Annette bening's character got the space stone from shield.. so when CM shows back up, he's sent (with coulson and coulson is the comedy relief) because she's been MIA for 6 years after the crash, all they know is there was an attack and everything went missing from the crash site.. she knows she's in the middle of a war, doesn't know which side is good guys, whatever in project Pegasus is important but she doesn't remember who she is or her past and the war is coming to earth

Also, since fury meets Annette bening's character at beginning he also meets goose.. and she's leaves goose to protect the information contained in project Pegasus if the kree show up, so at least that gets explain in a quick line "o that's things cat, we kept her around after the accident"

Last edited:
The more I watch stuff on and read up on the movie, the more concerned I'm about whoever wrote the movie

We were told fury knew Howard stark.. we know Howard stark found the space stone way back shortly after cap went into the ice with it, worked on the stone and was a senior member of shield in late 80s.. and died in '91.. flight takes place in '89

The movie should have started with it's focus on Annette bening's character and have Howard stark and Peggy Carter give cameos and also fury.. and then Carol danvers and her friend are the test pilots brought in, then you can go into the whole struggle they had and why exceptional pilots would be available (so it echos the Peggy Carter stuff)

But then you establish fury has familiarity with Carol and with what happened and also explains how Annette bening's character got the space stone from shield.. so when CM shows back up, he's sent (with coulson and coulson is the comedy relief) because she's been MIA for 6 years after the crash, all they know is there was an attack and everything went missing from the crash site.. she knows she's in the middle of a war, doesn't know which side is good guys, whatever in project Pegasus is important but she doesn't remember who she is or her past and the war is coming to earth

Also, since fury meets Annette bening's character at beginning he also meets goose.. and she's leaves goose to protect the information contained in project Pegasus if the kree show up, so at least that gets explain in a quick line "o that's things cat, we kept her around after the accident"

I read this whole thing.

Doesn't seem bad but doing it this way makes the beginning of the movie at least heavily Fury based.

Clearly what Marvel wanted was for as much of the movie to be about Carol Danvers as possible.

Still, I like this post better than the previous one where you said starforce sends CM to earth on purpose to lead them to the stone.

I read this whole thing.

Doesn't seem bad but doing it this way makes the beginning of the movie at least heavily Fury based.

Clearly what Marvel wanted was for as much of the movie to be about Carol Danvers as possible.

Still, I like this post better than the previous one where you said starforce sends CM to earth on purpose to look for the stone.

All that does is establish shield and shield related people and Pegasus.. and explains why fury is there after.. also shows shield has shhh going on in house that they don't really know about, again

Basically think the shield antman scene and mission gone bad.. or even better, think A1 opening sequence which had zero avengers

Scene ends with her passed out with her powers and Jude law saying collect everything including the bodies.. after that the baton is passed and it's her movie, she wakes up and they're running tests on her

Last edited:
It could be an interesting way to go.

Starting with Carol Nick, Peggy and Mar-vell meeting each other, the launch and end with the crash. Carol shoots the engine and she's blacking out to the sight of Yon Rogg saying in an evil way ...'get the girl, she absorbed the core...'. She blacks out.

Then it flashes 6 years later to her waking up and Yon Rogg is in the room telling her it's about time you woke up. Then the rest of the movie is the same with the exception of Nick Fury already knowing who she is and wondering why she has no memory.

It'll be an interesting dynamic where the audience knows Yon Rogg is the bad guy and she has no clue, and the whole time the audience is waiting for her to regain her memory.

Your take is not bad. What I like about it is it gives Fury more to do than play with the cat.

'I'm Veers. I'm a Kree soldier.'

'Uhh no you're not. You're Carol Danvers. You have a life here. We met 6 years ago. Yada Yada...'

Last edited:

Starting with Carol Nick, Peggy and Mar-vell meeting each other, the launch and end with the crash. Carol shoots the engine and she's blacking out to the sight of Yon Rogg saying in an evil way ...'get the girl, she absorbed the core...'. She blacks out.

Then it flashes 6 years later to her waking up and Yon Rogg is in the room telling her it's about time you woke up. Then the rest of the movie is the same with the exception of Nick Fury already knowing who she is and wondering why she has no memory.

It'll be an interesting dynamic where the audience knows Yon Rogg is the bad guy and she has no clue, and the whole time the audience is waiting for her to regain her memory.

Your take is not bad.
This sounds like something I’ve watched lol

Your take is not bad. What I like about it is it gives Fury more to do than play with the cat.

'I'm Veers. I'm a Kree soldier.'

'Uhh no you're not. You're Carol Danvers. You have a life here Yada Yada...'

That's why I think the writing was/is the biggest issue.. even the final line felt a lil cringeworthy

Could have kept it simple "still think you're making the rules?!"

But then again, that scene was awkward from Jude law too befor he got blasted

It literally doesn't matter that CM let Ronan run away. Right after she went and blasted Yon-Rogg and told him to tell everybody she's ending the war.

Guess what, as of GotG there is no Kree/Skrull war and the Kree ain't ****. Ronan crying about how the Kree are no more and how he want to bring back their former glory.

Lol it's plot armor that heroes don't kill when the opponent is no longer attacking?

It's basic hero 101 that heroes just don't do that.
This isn't even just this movie. Its every action movie not rated R.

Last edited:
Marvel likes to pick unproven, hungry directors for their projects instead of going with established directors.

It's worked with the russos. They were in comedy TV shows before marvel.

It's worked with joss who was well known in TV but was not a big budget movie director prior to avengers 1.

The word is still out with CM's directors. They're new but may not be as talented as joss or the russos. But maybe they can get better.

Example. The ppl who wrote the script for WS and infinity war are the same ppl who wrote the script for Cap 1 and the first two Thor movies. Writers can improve.

I'm mixing writers and directors but you get the idea.

Yall know Fury a liar right?

Hell he said he knew Howard better than Tony did.

Looking @ the other vid, he blamed Thor and asgardians for why SHIELD built weapons from the tesseract. That's obviously a lie to excuse making weapons. He ain't have time to tell them aliens have tried invading earth before. Hell them weapons could've been made in 96 and brought out of storage to prepare for Loki.

Tony acknowledges that Fury is the spy of all spies, that his secrets have secrets. He's basically the best liar. You can't take his word on anything at face value.

They're not plot holes or writing errors. They're lies.

We've now seen Ronan in 2 movies and have yet to really see dude throw down other than when he bodied drax in couple secs

Back
Top Bottom