WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Caught Quantumania today with my brother.

Film was cool, nothing spectacular or anything.

Like the introduction of Kang and the premise that he is the "GOODT!" one.

MODOK was distracting as hell every time he showed his face. :lol::smh:

Still can't get with Evangeline and her Karen fade.
Appreciate the response, some in here acting like we about to watch the Notebook or some Oscar worthy movie. It is a comic book with ANT MAN, that alone you have to temper expectations.

Appreciate the response, some in here acting like we about to watch the Notebook or some Oscar worthy movie. It is a comic book with ANT MAN, that alone you have to temper expectations.
Yeah idk what some people were expecting but based on the first two Ant Man films, this one met my expectations and did what I personally wanted (introduce Kang and give Majors some good dialogue to chew up). Oh and it was better than Thor 4. That was a nice bounce-back from Marvel.

While I’m Hoping Future Kang Variants Will Pan Out

I’d Def Want This Variant Back

No Other Variant Is Going To Seem Formidable As The One The Others Feared And Exiled.

Seems like some off yall still really aren’t grasping Kang as concept.

The problem with the MCU is they’ve created all these loose ends with all the content they put out over the last 2.5 years and 1) it’s taking way too long to address them 2) it’s becoming almost impossible to wrap them up with a perfect bow.

Things that still need addressing (and don’t yet have a future movie/series on the calendar): a celestial in the ocean, Arishem coming to Earth, Black Knight/Blade post-credit scene, Starfox intro, Werewolf by night/Man-Thing, Dr. Strange’s Incursion, Scarlet Witch’s return, the intro of Skaar, the Shang-Chi’s post-credit scene w/ Cap Marvel & Bruce, Moonknight ending/intro of Jake Lockley, Namor’s place in the MCU, etc

I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but just the above is a lot to connect the dots on.
Friendly reminder:

Iron Man 1: May 2008
Endgame: April 2019
2E5B83F4-DAC0-4886-8677-1D03475CAF04.gif

Thats 10 years and 11 months

YOU find it impossible to wrap up, but that’s not your job now is it? They didn’t leave anything hanging the first time around, what makes you think they’ll do it this time? Patience.

Just because it’s ant man we have to expect mediocrity and temper expectation?

The “it’s a comic book movie, just enjoy it” excuse is old. Marvel can do better than what they’ve been giving us. It’s not about wanting “Oscar worthy movies”

I didn’t realize The Marvels got delayed again to November now. Was looking forward to that this summer too.

Nah, because it's Peyton Reed you should expect mediocrity and temper your expectations.

But tbh yeah the movie/Ant Man franchise has so much potential that keeps missing the mark. The pacing in Quantumania was poor and could have been better to deal with what Kang is possible of, not just who he is.

The “it’s a comic book movie, just enjoy it” excuse is old. Marvel can do better than what they’ve been giving us. It’s not about wanting “Oscar worthy movies”
Mediocrity compared to what?

Gon’ head and say it…

THANK YOU

bruh lol, im still baffled. At what point in our lives is a movie about "ANT-MAN" supposed to be taken so seriously that half the discourse online is something so miserable and hyper critical? I guess it's the nature of things now.

Marvel Studios is still the best makers of movies and I will enjoy these movies until I don't find them entertaining.

Since Endgame ended these are my ratings for MCU movies and TV shows

Black Widow - 7/10
Shang Chi - 8/10
Eternals - 8.5/10 - the visuals were STUNNING
Spider man: No Way Home - 9/10
Doctor Strange 2 - 8.5/10
Thor - Love and Thunder - 8/10
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 9/10
Ant Man x Wasp Quantumania - 8.25/10

Wandavision - 8/10
Falcon and Winter Solder - 8.5/10
Loki - 8.5/10
What If - 7.5/10
Hawkeye - 7.75/10
Moon Knight - 8/10
Ms Marvel - didnt see it yet, but it was probably good so 8/10 lol
She-Hulk - 9/10 (I enjoyed the hell out of this show)

Black Widow and Eternals didn't advance the MCU timeline (unless you count gigantic rock falling into Southern Ocean lol) so I wasn't feeling them

the post-credits scenes of either weren't enough IMO

Ehh externals post credits introduced Starfox, the Ebony Blade (leads to Black Knight), and Blade (was confirmed to be Mahershala Ali’s speaking to Dane in that post credit).

Black Widow post credit introduced the new Black Widow and gave her motive to show up in Hawkeye and advance her arc, as well as, introduce La Contessa/Val.

Thought the action was dizzying and hard to follow. Everything was bad CGI and just felt like the actors running against a green screen more than ever. MODOK made my eyes hurt. Wasn't that funny. Kang was cool.

Absolutely in the lower tier of MCU movies for me.

Ehh externals post credits introduced Starfox, the Ebony Blade (leads to Black Knight), and Blade (was confirmed to be Mahershala Ali’s speaking to Dane in that post credit).

Black Widow post credit introduced the new Black Widow and gave her motive to show up in Hawkeye and advance her arc, as well as, introduce La Contessa/Val.

introducing those characters is cool fan service for us nerds, but by itself that doesn't foreshadow anything like the other post-credits scenes did. Make me feel some suspense or anticipation lol.

BW I'll give you, it's been awhile and I guess I don't recall all the details. at least that one advanced the new BW and her future.

Well Blade is still supposed to be coming and would like to think Black Knight is showing up there. So it kind of leads to something.

Thank you

When has an Ant Man movie really delivered though, they always been mid tier. I don't think anyone has an Ant Man movie in there top 5 or 10 comic book movies.

Back
Top Bottom