WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Never would’ve noticed any of this. It sounds believable. Doesn’t seem like a coincidence.
I definitely noticed the awkwardness and subtle differences of that scene attempting to mirror the beginning scene and thought that we might be looking at a different timeline/universe.

I didn’t notice the specific details that that video called out though, which allows me to appreciate the movie a bit more.

I read a comment on youtube the other day saying something like “phase 4 feels very experimental, and they had to try new things from the previous 3 phases. Yeah not everything landed perfectly but I’m glad they are trying new things and going in a different direction”

This is exactly how I feel.

chadwick’s death changed a lot of things for them, in my view

they knew essentially he could be the combo of a new cap/ironman on earth.. and then you bring in the other people around him and wakanda

but even with that you now have questions.. because it was easy to envision t’challa becoming the new head of the avengers.. but now, it’s hard to see the current cap really pulling it off cause he jsut doesn’t carry THAT weight

Maaaaan the first hour of this movie was just pure amazing set up. When we talk about comparisons this had a heavy Star Wars feel (half the Quantum realm beings looked like Tusken Raiders plus that 3rd act with all the freedom fighters looked like what they tried to do in the Rise of Skywalker), a dash of Indiana Jones ( everything with Scott), and the right amount of color and style like GotG.

Janet's whole subplot was great and mad interesting. Basically drove the entire movie.

Plus the whole thing was so sci-fi 🔥

Movie had the right amount of humor (something I wish James Gunn would learn from). I laughed damn near every time MODOK revealed his face :lol: and I'm not surprised even character growth wise. This ***** Darren turned insane :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Son said Scott was always a brother to him and at least he dies an Avenger :rofl: Kang ****** dude all up.

I only had a few cons like Douglas kinda coasting the whole movie but Michelle made up for that. Hope didn't have a huge role either. I also wish when Kang was selling his deal to Lang that he illustrated more with his powers how he could send Scott back to after the blip to spend those 5 years with Cassie growing up. Same when he made the offer to Janet for Hope. They also could've expanded more on the ppl/culture of the Quantum realm. Not clear how things were ran before Kang. Seems like half Microverse half other dimensions/alien cultures marvel comics have done in other stories.

That ending narration by Scott was so damn ominous. Didn't even have to tease anything else. His own worrying mind worked out that this isn't over and probably will get worse. Him questioning if Kang is gone/dead just let me know he is alive and that council is also wrong to assume he is dead.

I assume the thing that is worse is The Beyonder and will probably take center stage after all of the council of Kangs are beaten in Kang Dynasty with Secret Wars.

This is pretty much the best I could expect from an Ant-Man movies. It was different than the last two movies in a better way.

6.2/8

Tron Legacy comparison is spot on.

Cool. Now I don't ever need to watch Tron: Legacy :lol:

Last edited:
Been out of the country since Valentine’s Day. Got back last night. Did not avoid the internet and Somehow avoided spoilers. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing :lol:

Just finished my showing. Movie was… straightforward? Was expecting one/both of Antman/Wasp to die, then when Kang lost I saw that Council scene coming a mile away.

This variant will obviously return, and if his tech was already centuries ahead at this point, it’ll be even more unimaginable when we see him again. I imagine he will have lost his mind as well after being trapped there for so long.

Also think it’s hilarious how underpowered these alternate timeline superheroes are :lol: Wanda easily walks through the Illuminati & this version of Kang killed Thor & other Avengers repeatedly but loses to Antman & friends here :lol: Makes you think if/when we see Tony again it’ll be grand opening, grand closing :lol:

Kang being defeated by ants kinda pissed me off

To me, thats the irony of it all.
The always calculated conqueror is defeated by something he underestimated and severely disrespected. He didn't see it coming. A storm of ants evolved with 10 decades worth of knowledge and technology. Wasn't mad at it at all.

PO

Finally saw QM:

8/10 for me.

I think a lot of people who disliked it, disliked it mainly because Kang didn't kill anyone. They wanted Thanos & it's too early for that. If you look back at my posts, I was one who wanted Kang to accomplish whatever he wanted etc, & he did accomplish what he wanted, just not the way we expected. A man that is all knowing is years ahead of his competition. Let's wait to see how this story unfolds. Can't wait for the bounce back.

It's like what darthska darthska said a ton of pages back, a lot of people are disliking something because they didn't see what THEY wanted to happen. This movie laid some great groundwork & gave us a good taste of Kang. This man is about to be a maniac in Kang Dynasty. There will be deaths in that one for sure. I feel over time a lot of people will come to enjoy QM more once more things are explained and the impact of the situations are shown later on.

Also ricardo malta ricardo malta made some great points about the probability realm. Just like in MOM when they name dropped incursions, they for sure did the same thing in this movie as it's going to serve a bigger purpose. I'm on board with the ring tie in too. It was one of my earliest predications going back to that Ms. Marvel episode where the 10 rings were shown. I def feel there might be a Kang connection brewing.

Nonetheless, I can see why people didn't like it. I'm just not one of them. Def was not as bad as Rotten Tomatoes mad it out to be.

PO

Last edited:

Yeah, so this article above & the two below have made me a big Loveness fan.

This man is brewing something nice. He even explains why he didn't go the route a lot of us wanted in this movie. He seems very committed to Kang's story, so business is about to pick up.

Please read them if you all are free. Might make you appreciate what was done in the movie more.

PO

venom-lick.gif

I'm surprised Disney hasn't went all in and built a scale Avengers Tower in NYC and made it a full interactive attraction.

Yeah, so this article above & the two below have made me a big Loveness fan.

This man is brewing something nice. He even explains why he didn't go the route a lot of us wanted in this movie. He seems very committed to Kang's story, so business is about to pick up.

Please read them if you all are free. Might make you appreciate what was done in the movie more.

PO
IMO, Loveness knows what he's doing and having experience writing comic books. He's setting everything up.

I still think it's going to pay off and this phase will be good at the end.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA Spoilers: 5 Things About Kang That Currently Make No Sense

5. Does He Travel Time Or The Multiverse?​

skvm395z4mhqpbmc4j776xm

Marvel Studios has done a poor job of establishing a clear difference between travelling through time and the Multiverse. On the one hand, it appears that doing the former creates new timelines, but on the other, we've seen how different worlds are home to almost unrecognisable Variants (such as Loki being female instead of male).

In the comic books, Kang has always been a time-traveller, with his exploits creating new versions of himself who have battled Earth's Mighties Heroes on countless occasions.

The MCU's Conqueror, however, appears to just hop from reality to reality on a mission to destroy all other timelines and every single one of his alternate selves, and that's a far cry from what we've seen on the page. Based on the evidence we've seen thus far, it appears this Kang and his Variants are more interested in the Multiverse than time travel.

4. Is He Who Remains Who He Was Or Who He Becomes?​

r8qp7p7fbfkrngzbkvz68jc

In Loki, we learned that He Who Remains was a Variant who unleashed the power of Alioth during the Multiversal War to destroy every other reality and ensure he was the last Kang standing. Creating the Sacred Timeline, he was then left to exist outside of time and ensure his Variants would never return by using the TVA to prune timelines.

In many ways, He Who Remains was the Kang who won, but his story ended with a dagger to the heart courtesy of Sylvie. The villain seemed confident he would find himself back there but is that how time and the Multiverse work in the MCU?

As He Who Remains created Earth-616, we have to assume that was once his world (or an approximation of it). Whether history is doomed to repeat itself with that world's Kang helping The Avengers and becoming the last remaining Kang at the end of time remains to be seen. However, the only way to stop Kang may be to destroy every one of him...

3. What Became Of The Conqueror?​

6btbp38j8wzsj7fk3v55xc

An earlier cut of Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumnaia saw Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne trapped in the Quantum Realm, with Kang the Conqueror escaping. That was clearly meant to set the stage for him to return, but the threequel instead ended with the villain's apparent demise after he was knocked into his Multiverse engine.

It was a weird moment and one that saw Kang pulled into a device that was powerful enough to help him travel from timeline to timeline and destroy them. While it would be easy enough to assume he was obliterated, this was a somewhat bizarre way to end the Conqueror's story.

It's been rumoured that Avengers: Secret Wars' big bad will be The Beyonder, though he'll be a Kang Variant in the MCU. That actually makes sense on a number of levels, and we're hoping the Conqueror being imbued with that immense power source is what transforms him into a being capable of rewriting reality itself...

2. What's The Deal With The Council Of Kangs?​

wb37bn5j7hnrpw87z25scvx

What should have been an exciting tease in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania's mid-credits scene has instead left us more confused than anything. The Council of Kangs is a concept from the comic books, but one that was never particularly well-defined or used beyond a handful of issues.

Their main goal was to destroy any divergent Kangs that threatened the Prime Variant's eventual transformation into Immortus, but as the MCU's Multiverse is full of Variants, we'd assume the endgame isn't the same here. They know what Ant-Man did and now appear to be taking aim at Earth's Mightiest Heroes, so that could be The Kang Dynasty's premise.

We're not sure what sort of a movie The Avengers assembling to fight Immortus, Rama-Tut, and The Centurion will be, but with countless Variants waiting in the wings, it feels like a one-sided battle. Oh, and is there a Kang on Earth-616 or was that the Conqueror?

1. Is There A Prime Kang?​

78tkrcpnz6b3v7fxftvb53v

Despite how many Kangs there have been over the years, it always comes down to the Conqueror. With that in mind, it's hardly surprising that fans expected Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania to establish him as the MCU's new big bad.

That didn't happen, of course, and we're no closer to knowing who the Prime Kang is. That appeared to be He Who Remains last time around, but if he was Earth-616's Nathaniel Richards, then every other Kang may now be a Variant...unless that world's Kang will be reborn after his demise? It's really confusing and something Marvel Studios has limited time to address.

In many ways, there needs to be a Prime Kang, but if time travel is taking a back seat to his story, perhaps not. The closest we get to an all-powerful, all-important Kang could be the Variant who returns as The Beyonder...as of right now, they all feel pretty disposable, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom