WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

ok, ill admit this one.

I thought there was a major difference between "timelines" and "multiverse"

I felt Loki was mainly dealing with timeline stuff. Creating multiple timelines within the same universe. I swore it was a completely different concept from what Dr Strange was doing, where he was moving between universes thats why its called the "multiverse"

Now in Ant-man it seems as if they are all the same?

Ok fine, I guess Marvel Studios isnt perfect.

Last edited:
ok, ill admit this one.

I thought there was a major difference between "timelines" and "multiverse"

I felt Loki was mainly dealing with timeline stuff. Creating multiple timelines within the same universe. I swore it was a completely different concept from what Dr Strange was doing, where he was moving between universes thats why its called the "multiverse"

Now in Ant-man it seems as if they are all the same?

Ok fine, I guess Marvel Studios perfect.
I see the whole concept as being fractal. In loki we were looking at branches of a single timeline. Until Sylvie came along, we found out there aren’t just branches in a singular timeline, but other trees or ‘multiverses’, which makes time no matter. I think the whole timeline was a good concept to introduce the multiverse since a branch within a timeline is essentially a multiverse.

MoM didn’t explore time, they went straight to the different trees or multiverses.

it is still funny to me that all kangs look alike but not all spidermen or lokis. i know it is for the purpose of the movies but that will always be a flaw with the multiverse thing

it is still funny to me that all kangs look alike but not all spidermen or lokis. i know it is for the purpose of the movies but that will always be a flaw with the multiverse thing

Some characters are Nexus Level and look the same across the multiverse.

Wanda and Doctor Strange are the only ones seemingly like this in the MCU. Wanda definitely like this also in the comics.

Loki isnt a Nexus level character either in the MCU, thats why he has tons of different looking variants.

Kang is def not a Nexus character in the MCU, yes, most look like Jonathan Majors, but some also look like lizards, skrulls or other aliens based on the Kangs in the crowd from the Quantumania after credits scene.

What makes one a Spider-Man/Woman variant isnt only being a Peter Parker variant, its actually getting bit by a radioactive Spider or having a telepathic connection with one that makes you a Spider-Man/Woman variant. Or basically if something causes you to get the Spider-Sense ability. Thats why the Spider-Verse is all types of people/animals who arent just named Peter Parker ala Miles, Gwen, Miguel, Porker, Pelli and so on.

It is never flawed.

Last edited:
I've given it plenty of time, and I still think No Way Home is way up in my top 5, maybe top 3 of the MCU. I don't think you can compare it to other standalone films fairly because it had two decades of lore behind it. I've seen people pick apart the logic of Strange just doing what Peter asked, but it never bothered me. Spiderman is also probably my favorite character, so there's that.

Can't wait for Across the Spiderverse, too

Its Multiple timlines in multiple Universes, hence Multiverse.

Use Rope for example, each strand represents a timeline to form one universe or the whole rope with all the different timeline for every individual that ever existed.

The only difference is there are billions of strands to make this rope. Every possibility, for every individual within that universe.

Now stack rope on top of one another, Multiverse.

Up to the moment Sylvie killed He who Remains there was only one rope made of billions prolly trillions of strands.

The second he died all the stacks of the rope re-appeared thus everything he stopped happened again because time is a cycle in the MCU, it just happens again over and over.

So Kang Dynasty, Secret Wars all that stuff already happened when we met He Who Remains and since he died its going to happen again. Because all the multiverses are back.

All the tinelines he was pruning were from his Universe cause alll the other Universes were already destroyed. He was also only pruning timelines within his Universe that ended up with him not being in charge.

We the viewer have just been watching it as it has been given to us, but based on Loki everything happened and was already over when they met He Who Remains.

Now it starts again.

Doctor Strange and MoM prolly happened when He Who Remains was already killed allowing for them to travel the Multiverse to other Univereses like 838 and the 11 other ones they jumped through.

Last edited:
Tumblr_l_27039635069610.jpg
Tumblr_l_27045170785225.jpg
Tumblr_l_27049246627764.jpg
Tumblr_l_27053064880380.jpg
Tumblr_l_27056721343765.jpg
Tumblr_l_27061442475688.jpg
Tumblr_l_27066843847073.jpg

Attachments

• Tumblr_l_27066843847073.jpg
    Tumblr_l_27066843847073.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 384
  • Tumblr_l_27061442475688.jpg
    Tumblr_l_27061442475688.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Tumblr_l_27056721343765.jpg
    Tumblr_l_27056721343765.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
speaking of kang and to add in marvel snap, he looks like he's gon' be fun to play if you can get your hands on him

The reason this doesn’t make sense is cuz it implies there was one original timeline where time traveling led to multiple timelines.

The multiverse is inherently about parallel alternate realities that have always existed on their own and aren’t based on the actions of time travel leading to their creation.
Not quite. MCU uses Branch Universe Theory. Meaning every possible decision and outcome to said decision has its own universe. When Scott was inside that thing and he split into multiple people every time he had a thought. That is EXACTLY how the multiverse works. Theres a universe where you had breakfast today, one where you didn’t. Theres a universe where the Earth is 3 feet closer to the sun so everyone is black lol.

The beginning was a ball of energy that webbed off in every which direction. Therefore, “Time isn’t a straight line, its all bumpy-wumpy..”

Not quite. MCU uses Branch Universe Theory. Meaning every possible decision and outcome to said decision has its own universe. When Scott was inside that thing and he split into multiple people every time he had a thought. That is EXACTLY how the multiverse works. Theres a universe where you had breakfast today, one where you didn’t. Theres a universe where the Earth is 3 feet closer to the sun so everyone is black lol.

The beginning was a ball of energy that webbed off in every which direction. Therefore, “Time isn’t a straight line, its all bumpy-wumpy..”
Concur this is my understanding as well. Isn't that essentially the tag line of the What If series.

"A single choice can branch out into infinite realities."

Nothing about this is wrong. It just has nothing to do with the timeline and multiple branches in the timeline due to time travel.

Also the theory goes much further than that. There are universes where humans don’t exist, universes where all the Marvel characters you know don’t exist (Squadron Supreme, New Universe, etc.
Yeah, I’m still sticking with timelines and the multiverse are two different things.

Each universe in the multiverse has its own timeline that may also consist of multiple variant timelines that branch off at one point (all of this was literally shown in the Loki series).

I want to believe Janet was conquered during her time with Kang.

Also, I wish they showed Kang kill off variant Avengers when Janet connected to Kang's neural connection when touching his ship. Dealing with the multiverse, why not expand on the different variant Avengers he's killed.

Also, I wish they showed Kang kill off variant Avengers when Janet connected to Kang's neural connection when touching his ship. Dealing with the multiverse, why not expand on the different variant Avengers he's killed.

probably budget

Nothing about this is wrong. It just has nothing to do with the timeline and multiple branches in the timeline due to time travel.

Also the theory goes much further than that. There are universes where humans don’t exist, universes where all the Marvel characters you know don’t exist (Squadron Supreme, New Universe, etc.

Yeah, I’m still sticking with timelines and the multiverse are two different things.

Each universe in the multiverse has its own timeline that may also consist of multiple variant timelines that branch off at one point (all of this was literally shown in the Loki series).
How you managed to agree and disagree with me at the same time?

How you managed to agree and disagree with me at the same time?
The explanation for the multiverse/branch theory I agree with.

My stance has always been the multiverse and the timeline along with the variant timelines are two separate things.

Traveling through the multiverse to alt universes is not the same thing as traveling through time to alternate timelines.

Back
Top Bottom