Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

I keep getting email updates...even though they aren't selected ? Can anyone help me with this?

One option I really liked on the old forum was the ability to have 100 posts per page of a thread. Is that an option here?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Does this work?

Forums > Watched Threads > Click the "There may be more to view" link. Then on the right side click "Manage Watched Threads" and then "Disable email notification".

Bump.... I thought this worked for ALL threads I am posting in / watching. Looks like you have manually select that for every thread?

Isn't there just a way to disable ALL email notifications?

Bump.... I thought this worked for ALL threads I am posting in / watching. Looks like you have manually select that for every thread?

Isn't there just a way to disable ALL email notifications?
Seems like the new solution is to click the "Disable All Emails" link at the bottom of one of the emails you received.

I have an "alert" on my Articles tab, but I can't seem to find out what that alert is for. Every time I click on the Articles tab, it takes me to the Most Recent article, but the "Alert" red icon is still there.

Had the same thing, couldn't figure out what it was for. Just went ahead and marked it read so it wouldn't bug me lol.

Same here. I just marked as read and it was gone.

Go to your preferences and uncheck the third box "Display unread article count above navigation tab"

The pawn sign logo? You mean the three dots? :D

Screenshot_20170719-190654.png

da joint next to migration help, not da 3 dots.

HellaSteph HellaSteph btw, when da OG emojis come back, i elect to draft this one from da new set :wow: <<<

ish hilarious.

are ya gonna keep da new & old or replacing da new ones entirely wit da old?

I'm noticing that the n-word is not censored (the one that ends in "a")

Been seeing people post it. Not ratting them out because they probably don't know that it's not being censored.

Sorry if this was asked but how do I view the images gallery of a thread? It used to be that you can just click on an image in a thread and it would open up the gallery showing all images in that thread.

are ya gonna keep da new & old or replacing da new ones entirely wit da old?

In the beta we had both, separated into their own tabs, so I imagine that we'll have that setup again when all the old emoticons are loaded in.

Sorry if this was asked but how do I view the images gallery of a thread? It used to be that you can just click on an image in a thread and it would open up the gallery showing all images in that thread.

That was a feature the last platform came with, and I believe Meth said he'd look into having something similar built into this new one a bit down the line after the next big update for this platform rolls out later in the year.

That was a feature the last platform came with, and I believe Meth said he'd look into having something similar built into this new one a bit down the line after the next big update for this platform rolls out later in the year.

Got it. So until then there's no way to see all the thread images in one location?

HellaSteph HellaSteph btw, when da OG emojis come back, i elect to draft this one from da new set :wow: <<<

Hi there, thanks for the note. Yep, we're still working on it. Sorry for the delay. There's a long list of tasks we're trying to resolve as fast as we can. We appreciate the patience.

I'm hoping this too will get migrated in time. First thing I noticed when the transition happened a few days ago!

We have the badges in a safe place. Right now, they're being remade so that they're going to show up properly on the new site. The old badges are too large and don't fit into the areas we were hoping to place them. They'll come back soon!

The subscription/watch emails are ridiculous.. I already updated my alert preferences and Im still getting tons of emails I dont want.

Hey there, I adjusted your email subscriptions so you shouldn't be getting notifications from us anymore. Thanks for letting us know!

Hi all, I wanted to let everyone know I posted a few more how-tos here:

Here's how to unsubscribe from Watched Threads and disable email alerts for them: https://niketalk.com/threads/how-to...able-email-alerts-for-watched-threads.664343/

Guide on how to adjust the types of email notifications you get from the site: https://niketalk.com/threads/guide-adjust-your-email-notification-preferences.664344/

How do you subscribe to a thread?

Hi there, thanks for the note. You can subscribe to a thread by visiting the thread you wish to follow then to the right of the thread title and just a nudge down. You'll find a button that says "Watch Thread" - click that button so you can follow the thread and receive email notifications when there's new updates.

Hi all, I wanted to let everyone know I posted a few more how-tos here:

Here's how to unsubscribe from Watched Threads and disable email alerts for them: https://niketalk.com/threads/how-to...able-email-alerts-for-watched-threads.664343/

Guide on how to adjust the types of email notifications you get from the site: https://niketalk.com/threads/guide-adjust-your-email-notification-preferences.664344/

Hi there, thanks for the note. You can subscribe to a thread by visiting the thread you wish to follow then to the right of the thread title and just a nudge down. You'll find a button that says "Watch Thread" - click that button so you can follow the thread and receive email notifications when there's new updates.
THANKS!

Hello NT friends! I'm very happy that most of you are thrilled with the new site. However, we're going to get more organized so we don't miss your feedback and concerns. If you can help us by creating a new thread or checking if your issue has already been posted in the following areas listed below, NT's team would greatly appreciate your cooperation.

Please visit the Site Migration Help area to see if your specific question or concern was already posted/answered: https://niketalk.com/forums/site-migration-help.7409/

If not head on over to one of the other forum areas to let us know your thoughts:

Bug Reports go here: https://niketalk.com/forums/bug-reports.7410/

Feedback goes here: https://niketalk.com/forums/feedback.7412/

General questions about the new site / FAQs can be found here: https://niketalk.com/forums/faq-how-tos-general-support.7414/

Thank you in advance for allowing us to help you better!

Hi there, thanks for the note. Yep, we're still working on it. Sorry for the delay. There's a long list of tasks we're trying to resolve as fast as we can. We appreciate the patience.
By any chance can we see the list of issues you guys are working on or is that too much pulling back of the curtain to see what the Wizard of Oz is doing. Not trying to be nosy just curious what other issues people are experiencing that I may not be experiencing.

1. How do I perform a search within a thread?
2. Any upcoming plans to bring back New Posts alerts?
3. Where is the option to disable avys? Some members' avys are nsfw or home.
4. Where is the photo gallary within a thread?
5. Forum view - It would be nice to include a short snipet of the last post next to the poster's name, similar to what was previously displayed.

By any chance can we see the list of issues you guys are working on or is that too much pulling back of the curtain to see what the Wizard of Oz is doing. Not trying to be nosy just curious what other issues people are experiencing that I may not be experiencing.
If you check the bug reports and feedback sub-forums, you'll see that we're labeling issues for tracking purposes.

That makes it easier to see what's being worked on. Issues marked resolved have already been addressed. Issues marked "known" are already on the priority list.

We may at some point be able to provide a rough development roadmap, but any such schedule would have to be considered provisional at best since things are always in flux. Different items are worked on by different people, for example. A styling issue may be less urgent than a functional/practical issue, but could be less complicated to resolve and would be handled by a designer, not a developer, so that issue may get fixed before something that's considered more important.

The team just finished fixing issues with the redirects. Now, your old bookmarks and search results from major search engines should all work again. That was obviously an extremely urgent issue.

Work is progressing on several other items right now. We'll keep everyone updated as improvements are completed.

1. How do I perform a search within a thread?
2. Any upcoming plans to bring back New Posts alerts?
3. Where is the option to disable avys? Some members' avys are nsfw or home.
4. Where is the photo gallary within a thread?
5. Forum view - It would be nice to include a short snipet of the last post next to the poster's name, similar to what was previously displayed.

1. On desktop, you can check a box labeled "search this thread only" under the search icon (magnifying lens) in the top navigation bar. Obviously we want to add a similar link on mobile.
2. If you're composing a post in the editor, you'll see a little notification appear above the editor when new posts have been added, with the option to view those posts without losing what's in your editor. The disadvantage relative to the old Huddler feature is that it doesn't specify how many new posts have been added and it only displays while you're composing a reply. The advantage is that it works in mobile. We'd like to get rid of the disadvantage, but we can't realistically being work on that until after the next major release for the forum software has been completed in 6-8 months.
3. There currently is an option to hide users' signatures, but not their avatars. Images that are "NSFW" are against our forum rules and should be reported to the staff for removal. We can revoke avatar privileges for those users who upload inappropriate content.
4-5. These features are not currently available on the platform and would also need to wait until next year to be added to the development list.

The good news is that the new version will, itself, contain some great upgrades - most notably to the post editor, which should be a big step forward from the old site - especially when combined with what we've already done to expand embed support for Twitter, IG, and other services.

Huddler had some nice features to be sure. That's why we chose them five years ago. However, that platform is no longer available and it hadn't received any major updates in years. Overtaking something that's stopped moving is only a matter of time.

It would've been ideal if the new platform could be better than our old one in every possible way, but no platform in existence currently qualifies. This is the best platform available today and it's going to get even better over time.

For years, people have been asking for things like quote notifications, a block/ignore feature that's actually worth using, Twitter/IG embeds, a fix for the issue where youtube videos in the first 2-3 posts get cut off on desktop due to the sidebar modules, and a better mobile site that doesn't have a stripped down post editor and can do roughly everything the desktop site can do. We added all of that on day one.

When we're able to add some of those features from the old platform back in, the new site will be head and shoulders above anything we've ever used. That's where we're headed. It's just going to take some time and effort to get there. We'd greatly appreciate and benefit from everyone's patience and support along the way.

The good news is that the new version will, itself, contain some great upgrades - most notably to the post editor, which should be a big step forward from the old site - especially when combined with what we've already done to expand embed support for Twitter, IG, and other services.
This right here is so great, I have to say being on a lot of forums through out the day. The upgraded embedding is amazing, I'm sure I can speak for the masses we love the upgrade. Those that don't just don't like change, but they will over time.

Back
Top Bottom