Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

I miss the fact that the NIKETALK banner would eventually change to the thread or forum title at the top of the screen after scrolling down. To this day I still like to keep my NT browsing discrete lol.

I am seemingly randomly losing the ability to reply to certain threads. For example at present I can not post in the NBA Off Season thread.

I Also couldn't post in this thread for a while to report this but now that's back. Maybe it was bad timing on my part or I'm thread banned but figured I'd pass it along.. As of now I can post in the NBA thread again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-22-04-37-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-22-04-37-58.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I am seemingly randomly losing the ability to reply to certain threads.
Permissions are being adjusted and tested to fix an issue where new users who should have lacked the proper credentials were posting in the buy/sell or General forums.

It seems that the testing process may have inadvertently affected some users' access.

The problem has hopefully been corrected. If anyone's still encountering it, please let us know.

There's already a thread for it in the bug reports section: https://niketalk.com/threads/board-...insufficient-privileges-to-reply-here.664429/

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the response. Figured there was something behind the scenes going on. I will also remove that giant pic which did not look that way on Mobile.

Just a thought but I think the threads per page should be bumped up to how it was before.

There are threads that I've never seen before that get pushed to the 2nd page quickly.

I feel like more content on a single page would spur more activity as well. It's like google...how many times do people go to the second page for results....im sure there may be a reason for the cut but I think it would be better.

Just a thought.

Just a thought but I think the threads per page should be bumped up to how it was before.

There are threads that I've never seen before that get pushed to the 2nd page quickly.

I feel like more content on a single page would spur more activity as well. It's like google...how many times do people go to the second page for results....im sure there may be a reason for the cut but I think it would be better.

Just a thought.
I agree I created a thread in the feedback section I believe.
https://niketalk.com/threads/post-per-page-ppp-limit-please-raise.664362/

Uh. So I can't edit my signature anymore...

The option isn't there in my settings anymore and I went into my browsing history from when NT moved and found the link https://niketalk.com/account/signature and when I click on it it gives me an error message, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Why can't I edit my signature? Was it a one time thing like the name change? :smh:

Uh. So I can't edit my signature anymore...

The option isn't there in my settings anymore and I went into my browsing history from when NT moved and found the link https://niketalk.com/account/signature and when I click on it it gives me an error message, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Why can't I edit my signature? Was it a one time thing like the name change? :smh:
Known issue
https://niketalk.com/threads/cant-edit-signature.664347/

I still can't upload pics from mobile device. It'll say there isn't enough memory. Am I the only person with this problem?

Thanks. Is there a specific reason? Is it cool to ask?
You can always ask. The worst we can do is explain why we can't answer.

In this case, we needed to pause signature editing while we get the limits to work correctly so no abusive signatures can be added. The system should allow us to limit signature to two lines and prohibit links/images to minimize spam/abuse, but that clashes with the imported signatures, so we need the devs to help us resolve that. As you might imagine, dev time needs to be carefully prioritized right now so the most critical issues are addressed first. We already have a big report thread up for that issue, which you can follow to track the team's progress.

I still can't upload pics from mobile device. It'll say there isn't enough memory. Am I the only person with this problem?
That's odd. I've uploaded pictures from mobile quite a few times from android and iOS devices in testing. Please start a thread for this in the bug reports section: https://niketalk.com/forums/bug-reports.7410/ so we can investigate in greater depth. Providing detail about your device type/os and the image(s) your trying to upload would help.
emoji list just got supercharged :emoji_muscle:
The original emoji characters are coming, too. Those are a bit more complicated because we want those to work with all the old shortcut text and be reincorporated to all the old posts in which they appeared.

The new emoji make use of scalable vector graphics, so they look sharp on any display and resolution. That was a big focus for the new design - and we plan to recreate all the old charity badges in vector format as well.

More fixes and improvements are on the way.

Nice! But I'm having this error everytime I opened a link directing to this site from google.com . " You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. " Can anyone help me out ? Thank you.

anyway to edit my listings? I know Ive done it before but now I cant seem to be able to edit anything? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I can edit this post but not my listings?

Can we change names now?

Not yet. We're working on it. Once we have it fixed, we'll make sure everyone knows.

Nice! But I'm having this error everytime I opened a link directing to this site from google.com . " You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. " Can anyone help me out ? Thank you.

I did check a few links and I believe I know what happened. Some older content is no longer available, such as price checks that are older than 30 days. If you have any links that should be active, please send them over to me and I'll be sure to resolve it quickly.
anyway to edit my listings? I know Ive done it before but now I cant seem to be able to edit anything? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I can edit this post but not my listings?

Can you give it a check now? I didn't see anything out of place.

On mobile, how can I search within a thread.

On mobile or laptop how to search for threads.

Bee tryna bump a few threads but nothing is popping up.

Glad the emojis are back. :smokin

HellaSteph HellaSteph I logged out yesterday and didn't receive any email notifications that I was quoted. So emails when people reply to your post are no longer available? Still trying to figure this out.

On mobile, how can I search within a thread.

On mobile or laptop how to search for threads.

Bee tryna bump a few threads but nothing is popping up.
Regrettably, "search this thread only" is not yet available on mobile. It's accessible under the search (magnifying lens) icon on desktop, but there isn't sufficient space for that icon on mobile.
Much to my chagrin, the navigation menu (upper left) is hard coded, so it's not as customizable with the current software version as you'd assume.

If we could just put whatever links we wanted in that menu, life would be a lot easier for all of us. We'd have "search this thread", a full forum directory, and more shortcuts tailored to the needs of our fellow members.

The good news is that this IS supposed to change with a future release - and we are looking to perform custom development that may allow us to resolve the issue even sooner.

As you might expect, we will need to reintroduce the ads pretty soon to help us pay for all of this, so hopefully everyone is respectful of that and doesn't block them, knowing that not only do the ads fund our donations, but the further development and improvement of our website as well.

Glad the emojis are back. :smokin

HellaSteph HellaSteph I logged out yesterday and didn't receive any email notifications that I was quoted. So emails when people reply to your post are no longer available? Still trying to figure this out.
We have a guide up to help explain subscriptions. You can check it out here:

https://niketalk.com/threads/guide-adjust-your-email-notification-preferences.664344/

If you have any subscription questions, it's probably best for the sake of organization if you reply there.

We want to try and answer everyone's questions and address any outstanding issues in one place, so nobody has to dig around for answers.

The block feature on this site is infinitely better than what it was while on Huddler.

Didn't even realize it was working and just thought people were making random, nonsensical posts. It wasn't until I paid attention to the post # that I realized that was happening.

Great work.

My only complaints are that I wish there was more grey to break up all the black and red. Also wish the site was a little smaller from zoom stand point. I'm currently browsing on 90% zoom, and it is much more pleasing to the eye. Also, I wish the drop-down menus from the navigation bar would disappear on their own instead of having to be clicked away, and that the forums one would include links to all the forums like on huddler. And lastly, it's very minor, and it's probably just my OCD acting up, but it's annoying that when you click on a forum section, for instance "lounge," the header for the section is cutoff on the new page.

Back
Top Bottom