What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

20191218_161702.jpg

Found this Gem after a work lunch in a random strip mall in NJ...impossible to find in SF these days.

A6929239-701D-4D48-8A87-34DDAAB89983.jpeg

Me sipping Turkey 101, and my GF wraps presents.

I went to a brewery today where they did special barrel aged beer releases, and I talked to the owner/head brewer and asked what barrels they used. Some were local distilleries for like whiskey barrel aged beers, which I think is really cool. Then, he told me they got some Elijah Craig barrels they are about to age one of their beers in (the beer is one of my favorites). I can’t wait until next year lol. One of my favorite beers in my favorite bourbon barrel sounds great haha. Sorry for the side track. I hope everyone is having a very merry Christmas.

FC33E6D9-B553-4EFF-8C04-E77F83254E12.jpeg

Another bottom shelf-er. I personally have really enjoyed this bourbon so far, as you can probably tell lol. This bourbon is really good to me for some reason. It was like $17, but very tasty, to me anyway. Probs not for everyone.

I threw in the Star Wars cup.......for obvious reasons.

A6929239-701D-4D48-8A87-34DDAAB89983.jpeg

Me sipping Turkey 101, and my GF wraps presents.

I went to a brewery today where they did special barrel aged beer releases, and I talked to the owner/head brewer and asked what barrels they used. Some were local distilleries for like whiskey barrel aged beers, which I think is really cool. Then, he told me they got some Elijah Craig barrels they are about to age one of their beers in (the beer is one of my favorites). I can’t wait until next year lol. One of my favorite beers in my favorite bourbon barrel sounds great haha. Sorry for the side track. I hope everyone is having a very merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all the NT Whisk(e)y famb!!

FC33E6D9-B553-4EFF-8C04-E77F83254E12.jpeg

Another bottom shelf-er. I personally have really enjoyed this bourbon so far, as you can probably tell lol. This bourbon is really good to me for some reason. It was like $17, but very tasty, to me anyway. Probs not for everyone.

I threw in the Star Wars cup.......for obvious reasons.

"Bottled in Bond" makes it always better.

Man for my money Col. EH Taylor Small Batch is where it's at. So good.
This is fairly plentiful around me and at 2 different stores at retail. I think I shall get it over Christmas. We are going to my GF brothers place and he likes Buffalo Trace so I’m thinking I should bring it as a gift lol

Taste tested this blind against some 14 year Knob Creek Single Barrel (120 proof) store pick last weekend, neat. This won both smell and taste. Smell by a lot, taste by a little. Having one on ice right now and it's really good.

I had it neat last night and it was lovely. Next time ill drop a small cube to open it up and see how much the profile changes...

Found some good stuff today. The Buffalo Trace is a store pick and it’s delicious. Very sweet. Paid well over retail for the W12 ($100). The Col. Taylor was on the shelf which surprised me. Haven't seen it on the shelf in months. Figured everyone was now keeping them in the back (which is where the W12 was). Also picked up a Kentucky Owl confiscated last week that’s damn good but not worth the $100+ price tag. It barely beat Taylor Small Batch ($40) in my blind tasting.

My bourbon stack is getting crazy so I'm going to be real picky with what I pick up in 2020. I'll cut back on the purchases significantly and focus on getting through what I've stacked up on over the last 1.5 years.

4D68B7B8-B84B-4FE7-B0F8-D353500F99C7.jpeg

Last edited:
EB8BBC87-9DF0-4CBB-A31E-53DBBBFEBC25.jpeg
29975FCB-A9E9-42C3-B3BD-053E3E8FAB50.jpeg

So, I try not to leave overall reviews, but I must say, this EW 1783 is not good. I frequent the bottom shelf, and I’m not gonna lie, I like the EW Bottled in Bond and the Single Barrel. I figured, why not give this is a go. This is a regrettable purchase, even at $20. It’s like just wood......bitter raw wood. This will be hard to get rid of for mixing, or shots lol. Happy New Years people.....

Back
Top Bottom