What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

EB8BBC87-9DF0-4CBB-A31E-53DBBBFEBC25.jpeg
29975FCB-A9E9-42C3-B3BD-053E3E8FAB50.jpeg

So, I try not to leave overall reviews, but I must say, this EW 1783 is not good. I frequent the bottom shelf, and I’m not gonna lie, I like the EW Bottled in Bond and the Single Barrel. I figured, why not give this is a go. This is a regrettable purchase, even at $20. It’s like just wood......bitter raw wood. This will be hard to get rid of for mixing, or shots lol. Happy New Years people.....

During Summer (or now in Miami), make Whiskey Lime Rickey's with it!

I wonder what ABV the first batch will be. I tried some Barrel Proof Elijah Craig the other night and although it was alright, it was very hot for me and I couldn’t dig up the flavors very well. It tasted decent, but I’m glad I didn’t spend the $65 for a bottle. Maybe it’s me and I’m just a b**ch, but I can’t really do some of the higher proof stuff. I have the 116 proof WT Rare Breed, and I enjoy it, so maybe the ECBP would need to kinda air out for me.

I wonder what ABV the first batch will be. I tried some Barrel Proof Elijah Craig the other night and although it was alright, it was very hot for me and I couldn’t dig up the flavors very well. It tasted decent, but I’m glad I didn’t spend the $65 for a bottle. Maybe it’s me and I’m just a b**ch, but I can’t really do some of the higher proof stuff. I have the 116 proof WT Rare Breed, and I enjoy it, so maybe the ECBP would need to kinda air out for me.

Larceny BP will come in at 122.6 Proof

Likewise, but I think we are in the majority. I have a dropper at the ready using branch water to tamp down the ABV. But the ECBP is the most drinkable in the BP realm. The BTAC's, Stagg Jr's are all cinnamon bombs w/o H2O. JackDaniels BP was surprisingly good.

Last edited:
^^ Exactly what he said! ECBP, I don't even need a cube to open it up. To me, Bookers carries much more heat than this one.

Stagg, Jr was rough LOL! That one brought the heat. The only BTAC Ive had is the George T Stagg but it had a cube in it and was amazing! I'll have to get my hands on Jack's BP offering...

Any of you taste this one before?
Anything Barrel Proof is like trying to cop Travis Scott's these days :lol: :smh:

I don’t know how much research you do before purchasing or whatever. I usually go to Reddit whiskey and bourbon subs, and I think there were some mixed reviews on the 1792 “Full Proof” and some saying it wasn’t quite worth the money. Obviously, taste and “value” are subjective. They are owned by Sazerac which own BT, so I’m not sure if the profile is along that same line or whatever. I could very well be wrong.
I did see the 1792 “Full Proof” at Costco for $36.99 the other day. I’m not exactly sure how normal that is. I also live in a state where you don’t need a membership to purchase alcohol at Costco, but even at $37 was like $20 less than Total Wine. I’d look there, if I were you.

I don’t know how much research you do before purchasing or whatever. I usually go to Reddit whiskey and bourbon subs, and I think there were some mixed reviews on the 1792 “Full Proof” and some saying it wasn’t quite worth the money. Obviously, taste and “value” are subjective. They are owned by Sazerac which own BT, so I’m not sure if the profile is along that same line or whatever. I could very well be wrong.
I did see the 1792 “Full Proof” at Costco for $36.99 the other day. I’m not exactly sure how normal that is. I also live in a state where you don’t need a membership to purchase alcohol at Costco, but even at $37 was like $20 less than Total Wine. I’d look there, if I were you.

I live in SF, so anything whisk(e)y that's even somewhat hyped is impossible to find. Was even told by my local Totalwine mngr that they essentially backdoor most of the hyped whiskeys (wish I recorded him). Wow, $37 is a steal!! I'd buy a case!

Whisk(e)y blogs, reddit, Ralfy, You Tube reviewers like Liquor Hound, Scotch Test Dummies are my go-to's for info.

IMG_20200118_115511.jpg

Kept the bottle open for too long (5 years). Now it tastes like something went terribly wrong with it. The only time this has happened, my Glenlivet that's 8 years open still tastes fine if a bit bland. Anyone else had this happen before?

IMG_20200118_115511.jpg

Kept the bottle open for too long (5 years). Now it tastes like something went terribly wrong with it. The only time this has happened, my Glenlivet that's 8 years open still tastes fine if a bit bland. Anyone else had this happen before?

Oxidation turns gems into cooking wine.

Decant into smaller glass bottles and use a gas preserver.

Oxidation turns gems into cooking wine.

Decant into smaller glass bottles and use a gas preserver.

Would just the gas preserver be enough?
At least I've learned not to keep to many open bottles.

Back
Top Bottom