What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Grabbed another Batch 12 Stagg JR and an EHT Small Batch today to keep as backups... Wondering how these bottles will open up with some air and sitting on the shelf for me.

20200213_214432.jpg

I had been curious of trying this for a while. Had to pull the trigger due to the stamping they added. It was good but pricey and there’s plenty of other juicy IPAs I consider good for much less.
BE9B56CC-BF27-4A8E-837D-B1B7E39AAC7A.jpeg
E9D92BD9-261E-4478-ACFD-05820E5651C7.jpeg

Went hunting for the EHT Rye today and struck out. One of my spots got six yesterday and all sold out. Did find a Weller 12 and a Stagg Jr #13 though. Also grabbed two Midwinter Nights Dram last week in Minneapolis.

Went hunting for the EHT Rye today and struck out. One of my spots got six yesterday and all sold out. Did find a Weller 12 and a Stagg Jr #13 though. Also grabbed two Midwinter Nights Dram last week in Minneapolis.

Wish I had that "problem".... In SF & NY Stagg Jr is $200+...IF you can find it. :lol:

Agree... Saw a bottle at our raffle but went for the GTS instead... hope to have some New Riff sent to me shortly... Once again MI is dragging their feet getting it to the stores on the Westside... Anybody had Four Gate??? kinda pricey for being so young but heard they are pretty good.

I dropped this info in the TAY a while back but I have some recipes with measurements from my buddy who’s a craft cocktail bartender. If anyone wants ‘em, just hit my PM’s. He signed a NDA so I’m not trying to get him jammed up by posting them publicly on here.

Fam I need those recipes still. PM me

Was able to find the EHT Rye today at inflated prices but I copped nonetheless ($89) and also found another Stagg Jr (also above MSRP at $89).

Going to do a blind tasting between the EHT Rye and Midwinter Nights Dram in a week or two. Will let you guys know what I think.

random question

what is a good/respectable whiskey to order at an average bar?
and how much would it cost neat.

SC kid SC kid That's kind of a loaded question, my dude. Theres so many whiskies out there. There's Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, etc and cost will vary by city/bar. A pour that costs $13 here in AZ could cost $22-25 in Cali. We'd need some specifics, fam.

I think it really comes down to what you like and normally drink. I really like Turkey 101 and Elijah Craig, and I would consider both of those a step up from Jack Daniels or Jim Beam without breaking the bank. I think they would both run $10-ish here around the Twin Cities. I have found more hole in the wall/dive bars for like $5 each which is great for me lol

I'm not too knowledgeable about whiskeys but I like makers mark.
Makers is a wheated bourbon, I believe. They have other offerings in their lineup like Makers 46 and some more higher proof offerings. Woodford Reserve is pretty solid, in my personal opinion. I’m not a connoisseur by an means though.

Makers is a wheated bourbon, I believe. They have other offerings in their lineup like Makers 46 and some more higher proof offerings. Woodford Reserve is pretty solid, in my personal opinion. I’m not a connoisseur by an means though.
MM is a wheater... A little on the sweeter side of bourbon which makes it an easy bourbon to get into... Other wheaters will be Larceny and Rebel Yell on the easy to find bourbons... Tougher to get your hands on will be the Van Winkle and Weller lines... Youtube has a lot of good reviewers of bourbon... Its Bourbon Night, Mash and Drum, Whiskey Vault are all pretty good... BourbonJunkies and Bourbinsane are a couple guys that don't live too far from me and I have talked to a decent amount... Good community to fall into

MM is a wheater... A little on the sweeter side of bourbon which makes it an easy bourbon to get into... Other wheaters will be Larceny and Rebel Yell on the easy to find bourbons... Tougher to get your hands on will be the Van Winkle and Weller lines... Youtube has a lot of good reviewers of bourbon... Its Bourbon Night, Mash and Drum, Whiskey Vault are all pretty good... BourbonJunkies and Bourbinsane are a couple guys that don't live too far from me and I have talked to a decent amount... Good community to fall into
I was gonna suggest Weller, but if it’s just a regular ole bar they might not even have access to something like that

Might have an ORVW coming my way next week... Supposed to be in this week but didn’t show up on the truck... Another guy said he may have a GTS coming this week too... Not holding my breath... Grabbed some New Riff off Seelbachs website and got a few backups of EHT SMall Batch... Need to fall back and start to hunt for stuff I never see... Just love to find stuff that won’t be seen for months up here.

Gotta be aftermarket prices, right? I'd be shocked if distribution still had any of the BTAC/Pappy line up.

I was able to score a Booker's Country Ham today. Hopefully I can find some more. I'll take this all day over Stagg Jr at $90.

Back
Top Bottom