What has 2012 taught you?

I learned more about my limits in 2012 than anything else.  Through all of my failures, I hope 2013 brings success
nerd.gif

2012 taught me about my strengths and weakness, being a lot conscious about my subconsciousness habits that control me each and everyday.

The importance of family; where you can't find courage within yourself, family is always there and willing help even if they aren't aware of it.

Positive and negative; to know whats beautiful is to learn whats ugly, halves that makes up the whole.

Making useful of your solitude; the world/time can really go fast like a parade and giving yourself some time to reflect is just as important as your work. Thus, following you to keep your sanity when everything around doesn't make any sense.

Happiness, comfort, and security are what I strive for. It's important to keep family around, even when it gets hard to do so.

Live life without regret, tell the people around you you love them, don't take any day on earth for granted. I lost one of my best friends on December 10th, to a motorcycle accident, put life into another perspective for me.

2012 has taught me :
- You gotta be careful wherever you go, but you can't be too scared or you won't be able to live.
- Don't let your fandom get in the way of building a network and resume ( Born and raised in LA, grew up a Lakers fan; I go to school at Providence College and interned for the Celtics)
crazy experience and will be a great talking point in interviews.
- Life is tough and goes on, (my dad was let go from his job).
- A community is essential to a happy life. Like someone said, everyone has a story. I tore my ACL in March, and probably have met over 20 people that have torn their ACLs.
- NT is a community that is unique in itself, from bringing the lulz, sports talk, yambs and dambs.
onto the next one.

Jealous. If you don't mind me asking, how did you pull that gig and what are you studying? I would literally KiLL to work for the Celtics.

*my sister graduated from PC btw

Last edited:
- People are extremely selfish.. I always knew that but 2012 just magnified it

- The average person is really dumb :lol:

there are certain things you can't control, so don't sweat it too much. make those small things you can control, a priority.

with all the violence and knuckle headedness going on in the world 2012 has taught me how to love and cherish my friends and family. Instead of going out my crib or others cribs have been the place to be on the weekends, and we've learned that we have a lot more fun then we do going out. We still go out here and there for a special occasion but not nearly a fraction of what we used to do lol. All in all ive grown closer with my wife my friends and also my family due to focusing on them more then going to clubs/bars etc.

I don't reflect at the end of each year so much as I reflect around my birthday. I reflect to see how much I have grown in the past year and try to assess how much I can grow. I continue to ask for patience and understanding. Not everyone has it, take a look around. This is why you have so many responses in here saying people are idiots, which I agree with. They are idiots because I have learned our society-worldwide-has grown very impatient and angry. It's a scary thought. That's why I continue to ask for the aforementioned. I just try to be as understanding as I possibly can, even on NT.

thread spinoff but favorite part of 2012 was taking a medical trip to ecuador and possibly meeting my future wife-lives in new york im in cali
worst part was my lil dog mikey dieing (avy check)
only had him for 3 years but can say he was one of the best dogs we've ever had and was a huge part of the family

dont use all ur energy on one female....cause they dumb **** in the end no matter how good it is they leave u.... :smh:

-Being yourself really does work.
-Know what you have to do and do it.
-Don't deny who you are, don't put up barriers against people.
-Worrying accomplishes nothing.
-Let go of what's holding you back
-Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

2012 has been the realest year for me...in short, i moved to LA from ATL completely solo...was unemployed, found a job i absolutely hated, and lost that job...things i've learned:

-i can make it through some absolutely ****** situations.
-i'm a stone cold loner...i've always been a soloist, but i've done this trip completely by myself and never found myself uncomfortable being alone
-i'm, not as important as i think i am (not yet, at least), but i'm much better than i give myself credit for.
-procrastination is probably my most advanced skill set...started off good at the beginning of the year, but completely feel off...in my defense, i had a lot of distractions
-i make too many excuses for myself
-stop focusing on peoples flaws and what they did to me and start focusing on the good **** and what they do for me
-9-5 ain't for me...i'm looking for a job now that will make me just enough to survive so i can have more time to write...anything extra i want has to come from freelance writing gigs (anybody got a connect for any paying writing gigs???)
-money is the ultimate motive, but it no longer drives me...
-i LOVE music...i knew this before, but it's gotten me through so many situations this year...i need to be doing something that involves music (any NT producers want to give an aspiring songwriter a chance???)
-i'm too fickle...i'll feel one way one week and another the next...i can't help it, but i probably ruined some relationships from it
-as much as i love :smokin it does kinda kill my aspirations momentarily...i gotta cut down on it until after i get my work done.
-networking is soooo important. thought my talent could get me to where i need to be, but i have to put in a lot more extra work (@shado_evans on instagram and @shadoevans on twitter ;))
-LA clubs > ATL's...matter of fact, a lot of thing in LA > ATL

when you get married, you think you know what love is...
when you have a child, you truly know what love is...

that.. and...

no matter how young or athletic your competition may be on the court, a solid pick and roll with a big man and knock down shooter will always be :smokin

repped, even tho, at this point i dont know if i want to get married or have kids. u sound happy tho.

My anger is going to either get me killed or I am going to die of a stroke/heart attack
Stress is for the weak... We all going to die in this *****...smile more
Men do what they want boys do what they can-s/o to jeezy, time to stop with the 9-5 slave trade and chance these dreams

I also learned that I love to dance and express myself, like really. It has been a savior of sorts.

And there is something about live music that takes me out of the world, to another realm, if only for a few hours.

I've also learned through trial-and-error that people are not without fault. No one deserves to be treated like they can do no wrong. You only lose sight of who you are in the process.

Last edited:
Once you get "help" for yourself and past issues, you see how ******g crazy everyone else is. 

Adults are more ******g awkward than ever before. 

Never fall in love in your 20's. Never fall in love if you're broke. Never fall in love if you're in school. And don't you dare fall in love while doing one or more of those things and then decide to get married too. 

Back
Top Bottom