What in your opinion is the single most dishonest profession?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.

People accused of a serious crime are entitled to a lawyer and even if they are caught red handed, the Constitution demands that they have legal representation in order to try to get the lightest posible charge and sentence. If you want to find dishonest lawyers look at DA's or the lawyers who traded in that career in order to become politician.

Other chronic liars include:

American Car Makers "Buy our espensive economy cars or else you hate America and worse yet you must hate Eminem"
Drug Dealers "be there in like an hour"
Police Officers "I can help you out if you just talk to me, chief."
High School Guidance Counselors "Money is not important"
Rappers "baby I'm 15 and I get billions of money from my Columbian connect"
NBA Commissioners "blah, blah, blah NFL words, blah blah blah NFL words and spoiled players, balance, parity and give owners more money"
Real Estate Brokers "(in 2006) You must buy this two bedroom hovel because at 1.3 million it can only keep going up in price"
ESPN Analysts: "LeBron James, the NFL being a passing league and LeBron James maybe being in the NFL are the only things that exist in Sports"

Originally Posted by beh235

+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.
^ But they can be. Yeah we know about the hippcratic oath and whatnot ok, I grant you that. But some can be misleading at times. I work with doctors all the time and I see more MD's that are jerks more than anything.

What does being a jerk have to do with dishonesty tho? ? A lot of people who work with doctors think they (especially *cough* surgeons) are jerks, between the specialties some doctors don't even like other doctors
laugh.gif
If people are basing their judgment on whether doctors being jerks, I'd prolly think doctors were dishonest as well

And people are still being vague as hell give examples, if you have a complaint about someone at the very least BE SPECIFIC
ohwell.gif

Give me scenarios were doctors are known for repeatedly being dishonest (keyword repeatedly)-I'm only pressing this cause I'm tryna find out how dishonesty (especially if it endangers a patient) is possible to get away with
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I'm in the mortgage bizz and I tell you some really shady characters in this profession.not me of course
smile.gif

you dudes are more racist that just straight dishonest IMO ....

Racist? I don't get it. U think a bank cares about ur skin color? Lulz if ur income and credit qualify they can careless what u are

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by beh235

^ But they can be. Yeah we know about the hippcratic oath and whatnot ok, I grant you that. But some can be misleading at times. I work with doctors all the time and I see more MD's that are jerks more than anything.

What does being a jerk have to do with dishonesty tho? ? A lot of people who work with doctors think they (especially *cough* surgeons) are jerks, between the specialties some doctors don't even like other doctors
laugh.gif
If people are basing their judgment on whether doctors being jerks, I'd prolly think doctors were dishonest as well

And people are still being vague as hell give examples, if you have a complaint about someone at the very least BE SPECIFIC
ohwell.gif

Give me scenarios were doctors are known for repeatedly being dishonest (keyword repeatedly)-I'm only pressing this cause I'm tryna find out how dishonesty (especially if it endangers a patient) is possible to get away with
laugh.gif

Lol just got off work and you beat me to the response. On call tomm too
mad.gif

Like Anton said there are a lot of Drs that are Jerks but very very few who are dishonest and even fewer who are dishonest to the point that it would affect the care or outcome of a patient's diagnosis.
And there is a lot of sparing that goes on between specialties every day, ie "why are you ordering this stupid study that is going to cost the patient thousands of dollars and turn out to be normal or not provide you any new information" but at the end of the day there is a mutual respent and the ordering physician isnt doing it to pad his pockets

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I'm in the mortgage bizz and I tell you some really shady characters in this profession.not me of course
smile.gif

you dudes are more racist that just straight dishonest IMO ....

Racist? I don't get it. U think a bank cares about ur skin color? Lulz if ur income and credit qualify they can careless what u are

not true
ive seen first hand a mtg company playing games & giving a african american woman who is a "hair dresser" the run around & she exceeded the required credentials 

they may be isolated incidents but it def happens qualified or not trust me i know i see it daily

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I'm going to go with mechanic. 95% of them are straight up liars.

Yup, i've never had an inspection where i didn't have to replace side marker lights.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The best you can come up with is mechanic, ol' blue collar worker that probably takes an extra $25 for a service he provides.

There's really no excuse for getting fleeced by a mechanic nowadays.  Information and second opinions about your car is out there.

The most dishonest professions tend to wear white collars...and scrubs.
You shouldn't have to get a second opinion. They should give it to you straight the first time. Besides overcharging for damn near everything mechanics habitually find problems where there are none. The simple fact of the matter is the vast majority of people have a minimal amount of knowledge on car upkeep. Most mechanics pray on this. Add the fact that there is little to no accountability and to me it becomes the worst. Lawyers and doctors get sued for malpractice every day. And 9 times out of 10 its not for lying. It's for doing something unethical. This thread is about straight up dishonesty.
eek.gif
  Double entendre??

Back
Top Bottom