What in your opinion is the single most dishonest profession?

Originally Posted by KicksRemix2o6

i dont know what auto technician did to you guys but i dont believe 95% of them are more like 20%. all im saying is you use your car everyday and eventually !@*% breaks down on you. just getting service like a oil change paying $19.99 at jiffy lube isnt really servicing your car..they dont even do a inspection like real technician at a real shop...and when you do get inspection get surprised with a bogus service recommendations from the tech that you need a alignment tires fluids belts blah blah blah...its not like they lying it will fail on you, they work there and see hundred cars come in a out and see people not getting these services and watch them come back with bigger !@*% on their hands...but besides that politicans...salesmans are the worst..sales manager BOPPED HIS OWN SALESMAN'S MOTHER FOR 5 RACKS!

http://www.trustmymechanic.com/padding_the_bill.htm

for those that don't believe when alot of mechanics  try to "pad your bill".

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Politician.

as far as crooks go.. ya most def
these fools front like they are the helpin but they cause all the problems 

TOW TRUCK DRIVERS.

Anyone that has to sneak around at 3am on a Tuesday night with a flashlight, trying to steal people's rides is scumbag.

Then they take your whip, and charge you $150+ just to get it back.

One time I had my car towed from MY parking space, in front of MY apartment building. I knew I had them though cause I had the parking permit tag hanging from my rearview. Tell me why when I got the the lot, the parking tag was gone. I found it a week later, under my passenger side seat.
indifferent.gif
Cost me $200, and it was a week before Christmas.

That's why everytime I hear about a tow truck driver getting his head bashed in....I smile. Cause I know he deserved that %%*-whoopin.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.
That's not dishonest that's their job...Everybody in America has the right to representation in a trial whether they are guilty or not.

I'm not going to say that doctors are dishonest, BUT I will say in some instances they don't do enough to get to the bottom of the problem the people present to them. By this I'm not saying that they don't work hard, but let's say you come to them with a certain symptom and they say it's nothing wrong or you're fine, later on the symptom gets worse. They still can't determine whether my wife has rheumatoid arthritis or not
ohwell.gif
I do admit they will suggest you to get a second opininon. BTW I have an HMO

Also Car Salesmen
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
being a jerk to them is necessary.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Originally Posted by RavageBX

No you obviously do need to do your research. You do understand that our justice system could not exist otherwise without some of these simple premises? This boils down to straight constitutional law son. The 6th amendment of the US constitution gives us the right to counsel. Not the option, THE RIGHT. Public defenders are paid to defend the public. Not to be judge of someone's character by virtue of their own moral compass. There's a reason lawyers are lawyers, judges are judges and the jury is the jury.

I perfectly understand all that, I'm just saying that it's still dishonest to know someone committed a crime and it's YOUR job to knowingly defend this individual and place him back out into society...it's pretty simple, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that with my help, some sociopath is out on the loose.

steezy I remember you saying you caught a DUI before, did you have an attorney?

Of course bro, a public defender...I don't want ya to think I'm discrediting all the work lawyers put in and everything they must go through to get to where they are...I guess just like any profession there is dishonesty, just seems like when it comes to lawyers (defense attorneys) even in those situations where it's obvious the defendant is guilty they are trying to put that piece of *$%+ back out into the street, but I understand is a job...similar to a doctor who gets some criminal who was gunned down by cops, at that point dude is not a criminal...just another patient, who's life depennds on him....I retract my statement as it was a very general one....sorry bros

I'm in the mortgage bizz and I tell you some really shady characters in this profession.not me of course
smile.gif

Plumbers have got to be right up there with mechanics - funny how they always find something expensive wrong when it's just a simple problem.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

No need to research anything bro...as a person your moral compass must be really *%%%+# up to defend a serial killer caught on tape and try and bend the law to the best of your ability to try and get this serial killer back out in the streets based on a technicality or loophole of our flawed justice system...
No you obviously do need to do your research. You do understand that our justice system could not exist otherwise without some of these simple premises? This boils down to straight constitutional law son. The 6th amendment of the US constitution gives us the right to counsel. Not the option, THE RIGHT. Public defenders are paid to defend the public. Not to be judge of someone's character by virtue of their own moral compass. There's a reason lawyers are lawyers, judges are judges and the jury is the jury.

I perfectly understand all that, I'm just saying that it's still dishonest to know someone committed a crime and it's YOUR job to knowingly defend this individual and place him back out into society...it's pretty simple, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that with my help, some sociopath is out on the loose.

*sigh*
Lawyers defend even the obviously guilty because it preserves the integrity of the law. Thats how casey anthony got off...they could not PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that she killed her daughter. 

This ensures that every one is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY.

(much like in the religion threads, if you say something you must PROVE it.)

I can't say they all fight for your rights as much as they should like with public defenders but all of them serve their purpose and you can't let the bad ones speak for all the good ones out there. They hold a lot of power so acting like they just don't care about people is absolutely false. 

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

steezy I remember you saying you caught a DUI before, did you have an attorney?

Of course bro, a public defender...I don't want ya to think I'm discrediting all the work lawyers put in and everything they must go through to get to where they are...I guess just like any profession there is dishonesty, just seems like when it comes to lawyers (defense attorneys) even in those situations where it's obvious the defendant is guilty they are trying to put that piece of *$%+ back out into the street, but I understand is a job...similar to a doctor who gets some criminal who was gunned down by cops, at that point dude is not a criminal...just another patient, who's life depennds on him....I retract my statement as it was a very general one....sorry bros
Yeah, that's a good analogy. Doctors save our lives, lawyers defend our rights. Not their place to judge.
Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by KicksRemix2o6

i dont know what auto technician did to you guys but i dont believe 95% of them are more like 20%. all im saying is you use your car everyday and eventually !@*% breaks down on you. just getting service like a oil change paying $19.99 at jiffy lube isnt really servicing your car..they dont even do a inspection like real technician at a real shop...and when you do get inspection get surprised with a bogus service recommendations from the tech that you need a alignment tires fluids belts blah blah blah...its not like they lying it will fail on you, they work there and see hundred cars come in a out and see people not getting these services and watch them come back with bigger !@*% on their hands...but besides that politicans...salesmans are the worst..sales manager BOPPED HIS OWN SALESMAN'S MOTHER FOR 5 RACKS!

http://www.trustmymechanic.com/padding_the_bill.htm

for those that don't believe when alot of mechanics  try to "pad your bill".
That is exactly how it happens every time DMV lol. You go in telling them your brake is squeaking they come out telling you your engine is falling apart and make you feel like the problem you can in for is the least of your problems. I remember the first time I took my used car in back when I didn't know much about cars. All I needed were some new pads but they convinced me I needed new pads, rotors and calipers all the way around
30t6p3b.gif
$1000+ down the drain. And I was in college at the time 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by abutta13

Lol I never knew doctors were so sensitive

defending your profession and asking people to be specific is being sensitive? Doctors are supposed to sit there and say you right, we lie-

Asking people to explain and be specific is not too much to ask

The only thing I'm offended about is the fact that doctors literally can't get away with anything without being scrutinized, thats like a blind man with no arms getting accused of armed robbery

Easily Religious Leaders .. they sell certainty of god and repentance to the masses in exchange for currency/praise... Dishonesty to the fullest...

No one man should have all that power..

9lh6qt.gif

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

TOW TRUCK DRIVERS.

Anyone that has to sneak around at 3am on a Tuesday night with a flashlight, trying to steal people's rides is scumbag.

One time I had my car towed from MY parking space, in front of MY apartment building. I knew I had them though cause I had the parking permit tag hanging from my rearview. Tell me why when I got the the lot, the parking tag was gone. I found it a week later, under my passenger side seat.
indifferent.gif

That's why everytime I hear about a tow truck driver getting his head bashed in....I smile. Cause I know he deserved that %%*-whoopin.

THIS ive seen people charged 300+ for a car being moved a CITY BLOCK...theee foulest dudes on earth

+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.
^ But they can be. Yeah we know about the hippcratic oath and whatnot ok, I grant you that. But some can be misleading at times. I work with doctors all the time and I see more MD's that are jerks more than anything.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

I'm in the mortgage bizz and I tell you some really shady characters in this profession.not me of course
smile.gif

you dudes are more racist that just straight dishonest IMO ....

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

TOW TRUCK DRIVERS.

indifferent.gif

THIS ive seen people charged 300+ for a car being moved a CITY BLOCK...theee foulest dudes on earth
+1

I do a lot of business with tow truck drivers and they are the lowest of the low.  For awhile we stopped taking any tow truck business because so many of them were outright crooks.

Most repair shops pay their mechanics and service writer staff (the person who takes your repair order) on a commission basis.  A common commission base for a mechanic is 40% of the labor rate charged by the shop.  So if you are charged $100 in labor charges for a certain job, the mechanic would get $40.

Say word
laugh.gif

That majority of mechanics are not paid by commission but work flat rate where they can make anywhere from $14 to $30(and higher) an hour based on experience, certs, and what they specialize in. Most techs dont see anywhere near 40% of the labor that's being charged. The dealership I worked at charged $135 an hour for labor. 40% of $135 is $54 dollars. If where I worked a tech was seeing $54 commission for an hour's work that would be almost 130k a year if they pulled in 50 hours a week.
So what can you do to protect yourself against unnecessary repairs?  Ask the service writer if he or she personally inspected the vehicle and has seen these recommended repair items first hand.  As politely as possible, let the service writer know that you will hold him or her to their word and will be looking to them for an explanation if you choose to take the car somewhere else for a second opinion.  If he or she is held responsible for the decisions they make regarding your car’s “needed

Back
Top Bottom