What Jill Scott has to say about interracial couples...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

really...I don't understand the palpable anger some of you guys are displaying in reaction to her words.
The constant resurfacing of this "issue" + the "independent woman/I don't need no man" attitude displayed by some of these females then turning around and saying "nobody loves me, we as black people should stick together" + what some could easily take as guilt tripping + any misc. bad experience(s) you've had with such females = internetRAWRz

That is my guess.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Im not going to quote the responses, but IM NOT YOU, exactly.

There's a difference between Black Male NTers just saying they prefer other ethnicities, but when you guys sit here & say all Black women have attitudes is beyond me. Are you telling me that you've dated every Black woman in the world?

And since all Black women DO have "attitudes", what do they have them about? Black men cheating? Black men being lazy? Not working around the house? What? The fact that the divorce rate is so high & they're trying not to make it higher is the problem here?

Black men expect too much out of Black women when they never look within SELF. But I blame it on the ignorance of them & the media, Black women are always portrayed as ghetto, and Black men as big black monkeys. But what if Black women saw you guys as that also? Oh yeah that's right, you'd get you a "snow bunny".

You just described ALL MEN. Youre a fool if you think those traits are only specific to black men.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Im not going to quote the responses, but IM NOT YOU, exactly.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There's a difference between Black Male NTers just saying they prefer other ethnicities, but when you guys sit here & say all Black women have attitudes is beyond me. Are you telling me that you've dated every Black woman in the world?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]And since all Black women DO have "attitudes", what do they have them about? Black men cheating? Black men being lazy? Not working around the house? What? The fact that the divorce rate is so high & they're trying not to make it higher is the problem here?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Black men expect too much out of Black women when they never look within SELF. But I blame it on the ignorance of them & the media, Black women are always portrayed as ghetto, and Black men as big black monkeys. But what if Black women saw you guys as that also? [/color]Oh yeah that's right, you'd get you a "snow bunny".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Diego, I know that. Im asking what do BLACK women have attitudes about?

And its a known fact that the divorce rate is higher in the Black community.

laugh.gif
Diego wrote:

There's a difference between Black Male NTers just saying they prefer other ethnicities, but when you guys sit here & say all Black women have attitudes is beyond me. Are you telling me that you've dated every Black woman in the world?

And since all Black women DO have "attitudes", what do they have them about? Black men cheating? Black men being lazy? Not working around the house? What? The fact that the divorce rate is so high & they're trying not to make it higher is the problem here?

Black men expect too much out of Black women when they never look within SELF. But I blame it on the ignorance of them & the media, Black women are always portrayed as ghetto, and Black men as big black monkeys. But what if Black women saw you guys as that also? Oh yeah that's right, you'd get you a "snow bunny".

You just described ALL MEN. Youre a fool if you think those traits are only specific to black men.

but only black women have attitudes
laugh.gif

because of black women
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You were trying to imply that those are the things black women have an attitude about. I was pointing out the fact that if that were the case then all women should have an attitude because those are characteristics of all men. That argument can get thrown out the window.

I'm mexican...i love black chicks. My black brothers on here...you have my blessing...date all the mexicans you'd like.

If I'm in Chicago, can we kick it?
devil.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Diego

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I don't think anyone is saying that 
grin.gif
.. but let's be real for a minute, that nasty attitude/ ghetto %*+# is much more prevalent amongst black females. Always trying to show out in public, expressing that "I'm bold" type mentality.. Who's really trying to deal with that? (case in point: that wild beast who wouldn't shut up in the classroom and got arrested)[/color]

No, im pointing out that ALL women have attitudes about that, so how are BLACK women mutually exclusive? What do they have attitudes about other than things like that, things that other women are the same way about?

Actually many people are, and have been in the weekly discussions of this topic. It's a hilarious double standard, to see black men of all racial groups standing on a pedestal and generalizing somebody else and acting like their collective !$%% don't stink.
Take a quote like this,
3) who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....

flip date with hire, and girls with men or people and watch %@@!$@ act like the world has come to an end. But if it's just about our females, smokey emoticons all around

No, im pointing out that ALL women have attitudes about that, so how are BLACK women mutually exclusive? What do they have attitudes about other than things like that, things that other women are the same way about?

I personally dont agree that all black women have attitudes. Its not something I believe or something I have come across with in my experiences.

The only thing that I will say is that whenever I see an angry person on a train complaining about a push or cursing someone out for not saying excuse me or something of that matter, 95% of the time its....well you know. Even with that I still wouldnt say that all black women have an attitude, but whats the deal with the train stuff?

Darker the skin the more the attitude

Spoiler [+]
Shots Fired?

Spoiler [+]
Just kidding

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Just to play Devil's advocate, what about white women and their "holier than thou" attitudes that they have? And many Hispanic chicks have bad attitudes just like the aggressive, belligerent black women y'all refer to. I always here how Hispanic chicks are crazy and if you cheat on them they'll cut off your huevos.

We embrace the truth.
As a matta fact hispanic chicks will straight up tell you they will do this.

I personally dont agree that all black women have attitudes. Its not something I believe or something I have come across with in my experiences.

The only thing that I will say is that whenever I see an angry person on a train complaining about a push or cursing someone out for not saying excuse me or something of that matter, 95% of the time its....well you know. Even with that I still wouldnt say that all black women have an attitude, but whats the deal with the train stuff?
i dont think its based on race though. i think it stems from economic status...im not saying that not having $ gives you the right to be a @#$%@ but in general more people from lower income neigborhoods tend to be ignorant, rude, and obnoxious than anywhere else. i know plenty of latinos and white dudes from the hood that feel like its cool to act a fool in public. and its not just in the US, i've seen this @#$% all over the world. i went to a private high school and NONE of the black girls were rude and ignorant. some were loud tho
laugh.gif
but still cool girls to kick it with.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Frische Produkte wrote:
SdotRusherz wrote:
1)The whole 'white women going to the successful black guy" talk is ridiculous... I know mad broke black dudes with white girls.

2)Maybe if some black girls DIDN'T have nasty ##! attitudes all the time, or have that "can't nobody tell me nothin" mentality, SOME black guys would be in relationships with them. Not me personally, because I don't look at race...but I have some friends 3) who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....
1) Same thing I thought when I read that.
laugh.gif

2) Co-sign.. that loud, "I'm independent..", +%*+ is dead
3)
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Interracial relationships ftw!
pimp.gif

Agreed with the second whole-heartedly. Couldnt have said that better myself. Black women act as if black men dont want them...its just not black men, its all men, dont make that generalization about "why dont the brothers love me". Stop walking around with that greater then thou im loud, im proud, im strong and indepedent attitude and maybe it would get you somewhere. Point blank, stop walking around like your @##@ dont stink. This isnt all black women, but the majority. Thats why we're having this conversation to begin with. So Jill Scott, @%++ you.
See, the problem with what you said is that you are making a generalization by saying "majority" because not all black women grow up in the same environment or under the same family and/or social conditions. And to be quite honest. This is why some black women don't understand why black men don't want to be with them. You have black men who are shunning black women who gained their first idea of what a "woman" is and should be like through their mother yet because of a small amount of black women out of the majority, not to mention their friends saying ignorant comments like "All/ Majority of black women ____________", the media portraying black women as less that desirable unless they look damn near white, and not to mention NTers who say features on a white women like Curves and having a nice MASS are sexy but call black females with the same features fat. I find the opinions of many of the NTers who keep saying F Jill Scott would feel the same way if the shoes were on the other feet, then again, Black women have to deal with being the least married group of people in the U.S., unless you're an Asian male you don't know what thats like... A lot of ya'll Black men in here sounding so salty sounds like its from guilt, not from an actual factual background...

I can't speak for all Black women, but that's the hood.
laugh.gif

But that's the same w/ all ignorant people that live in urban areas, same result. Not just Black women, and that's what I have a problem with. There IS a double standard there when it comes to Black men.

If a Black man acts the same way, you don't really hear Black women saying "all Black men listen to loud music on the trains &are ignorant." No, we just choose not to date that type of person, but don't include/exclude the whole group ...

And unbornseed, what's up.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Just to play Devil's advocate, what about white women and their "holier than thou" attitudes that they have? And many Hispanic chicks have bad attitudes just like the aggressive, belligerent black women y'all refer to. I always here how Hispanic chicks are crazy and if you cheat on them they'll cut off your huevos.

We embrace the truth.
As a matta fact hispanic chicks will straight up tell you they will do this.

Lorena Bobbit for example.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

i dont think its based on race though. i think it stems from economic status...im not saying that not having $ gives you the right to be a @#$%@ but in general more people from lower income neigborhoods tend to be ignorant, rude, and obnoxious than anywhere else. i know plenty of latinos and white dudes from the hood that feel like its cool to act a fool in public. and its not just in the US, its all over the world. i went to a private high school and NONE of the black girls were rude and ignorant. some were loud tho
laugh.gif

Completely agree with you on that. I do believe its more of that "hood mentality" if you will. However the fact still remains that 9 out of 10 times a black female will be involved in that altercation.
A latina from the hood might mumble under her breath or something, but very seldom will she put on a show for all the passengers on the train. This is just my observation though, no need to stray too far away from the topic.

Frische Produkte wrote:
grin.gif
.. but let's be real for a minute, that nasty attitude/ ghetto %*+# is much more prevalent amongst black females. Always trying to show out in public, expressing that "I'm bold" type mentality.. Who's really trying to deal with that? (case in point: that wild beast who wouldn't shut up in the classroom and got arrested)[/color]

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
What you're saying is that because a few scenarios out of the majority of black women justifies the opinion of them being considered less than?

What if every white person treated every black man by their opinion of the loud belligerent black kid he saw riding public transportation that ONE time?

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

i dont think its based on race though. i think it stems from economic status...im not saying that not having $ gives you the right to be a @#$%@ but in general more people from lower income neigborhoods tend to be ignorant, rude, and obnoxious than anywhere else. i know plenty of latinos and white dudes from the hood that feel like its cool to act a fool in public. and its not just in the US, its all over the world. i went to a private high school and NONE of the black girls were rude and ignorant. some were loud tho
laugh.gif
Completely agree with you on that. I do believe its more of that "hood mentality" if you will. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]However the fact still remains that 9 out of 10 times a black female will be involved in that altercation.[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
A latina[/color] from the hood might mumble under her breath or something, but [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]very seldom will she put on a show[/color] for all the passengers on the train. This is just my observation though, no need to stray too far away from the topic.
Saved me a lot of typing & the bolded parts are the absolute truth in my experiences...

So this:

And many Hispanic chicks have bad attitudes just like the aggressive, belligerent black women y'all refer to.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Is out the window for me.[/color]

dnycemodel wrote:
Darker the skin the more the attitude

Spoiler [+]
Shots Fired?

Spoiler [+]
Just kidding
DatZNasty wrote:
Actually many people are, and have been in the weekly discussions of this topic. It's a hilarious double standard, to see black men of all racial groups standing on a pedestal and generalizing somebody else and acting like their collective !$%% don't stink.
Take a quote like this,
3) who don't date black girls just based on their attitudes....

flip date with hire, and girls with men or people and watch %@@!$@ act like the world has come to an end. But if it's just about our females, smokey emoticons all around

How many of the black NT males really think. Truth

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

laugh.gif
grin.gif
Stop playing. This is not your first day on NT. There are people in this very thread saying that bad attitudes are prevalent in the black female community. I've seen crazy white women at school, at work, in the street, on the train, etc., and I'm sure others have to. But it's only black women who get the poor rap. How can you justify thinking so little of black women? Serious question. I'm so baffled by black men who are comfortable basking in ignorance, attributing only negative traits to black women and consistently getting away with it here and elsewhere.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Stop playing. This is not your first day on NT. There are people in this very thread saying that bad attitudes are prevalent in the black female community. I've seen crazy white women at school, at work, in the street, on the train, etc., and I'm sure others have to. But it's only black women who get the poor rap.[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] How can you justify thinking so little of black women?[/color] Serious question. I'm so baffled by black men who are comfortable basking in ignorance, attributing only negative traits to black women and consistently getting away with it here and elsewhere.
Lulz. He's the wrong person to ask that to.

Back
Top Bottom