What kind of cars say "I am well off, but I don't like to brag about it"?

recently saw a CLA for the first time. exterior its not as bad as i thought in person. that interior might be a diff story. either way, $30k for what..200 hp? i mean yea you don't need a lot of hp in everyday driving, but then again, what are you really getting for 30k? is that money really just for the name? like paying 3k for a mac pro desktop...30k is STi money...no luxury really, but you are getting a strong 300hp reliable engine that costs less to maintain.

nerd.gif
Some people just like a car because of the way it looks. The CLA looks great in person, much better than the STi IMO.

It's the same reason some people buy a Jaguar or BMW sedan over a Charger. 

muscle cars, non luxury performance SUV's & trucks.

basically anything utilitarian thats packed with quality functionality, and not fluffy expensive fodder.
This might be the case in the hood but you'll get laughed at showing up to the country club in a modern day muscle car, or non luxury performance SUV.
who told you this lie?

da HEART of muscle car enthusiasts are middle aged white men who are WELL off.

when was da last time you seen a minority on powerblock TV?
nerd.gif

http://www.hemmings.com/

educate yourself....

Quote:

who told you this lie?

da HEART of muscle car enthusiasts are middle aged white men who are WELL off.

when was da last time you seen a minority on powerblock TV?
nerd.gif

http://www.hemmings.com/

educate yourself....
A modern muscle car doesn't say you're well off. They are afforded easily.

A souped up modern day muscle car says you like to brag, because souped up muscle cars are loud and flashy. They are still really affordable.

So like I was saying...

Last edited:

muscle cars, non luxury performance SUV's

This might be the case in the hood but you'll get laughed at showing up to the country club in a modern day muscle car, or non luxury performance SUV.

For wealthy, suburban families, who's idea of utility is based more on getting the whole family safely from point A to point B (while keeping the kids comfortable and quiet), this is the car:

View media item 634017

Luxury SUVs with 2 rows.

Nah, Bimmer/Benz SUVs say Im well off and I want people to know. BMW Xs and Mercedes Ms are cars for pretentious soccer moms that think they're too dignified to drive American.

I see way more wealthy down to earth family's driving Suburbans than Euro SUVs.

Frankly the Suburban is probably the most appropriate new car for this topic, period. It stands with good reason why bulletproof Suburbans have been the number one choice of transit for celebrity's and politicians going on 20 years now. They're extremely safe, comfortable, with lots of amenities and can blend in where ever they go without drawing attention.

Stealthy luxury at its finest.

Last edited:
Nah, Bimmer/Benz SUVs say Im well off and I want people to know. BMW Xs and Mercedes Ms are cars for pretentious soccer moms that think they're too dignified to drive American.

Frankly the Suburban is probably the most appropriate new car for this topic, period. It stands with good reason why bulletproof Suburbans have been the number one choice of transit for celebrity's and politicians going on 20 years now. They're extremely safe, comfortable, with lots of amenities and can blend in where ever they go without drawing attention.

Nah, Bimmer/Benz SUVs say you are humble when you're a multi-millionaire with cribs in different states/countries.

People already know you're well off when they see you're houses/properties/businesses you own. When you could have any car you want but you pick a BMW it says you are a practical person.

Maybe I interperated this question differently than other people. I thought we were talking about real wealth here. I guess well off just meant getting by...

Last edited:
My question for OP is, why the hell are you buying a car for the opinions of others?

Whether it be to show off, or to go under the radar.

**** people. Buy the car you like.

If I got a hunna bandz I'ma buy the car that I like the most for a hunna.

The **** do I care if people think I'm bragging? Get yo gwop up peasant.

Last edited:

Nah, Bimmer/Benz SUVs say you are humble when you're a multi-millionaire with cribs in different states/countries.

People already know you're well off when they see you're houses/properties/businesses you own. When you could have any car you want but you pick a BMW it says you are a practical person.

Maybe I interperated this question differently than other people. I thought we were talking about real wealth here. I guess well off just meant getting by...

Im willing to bet more people in the "Real Wealth" demographic you mentioned, own bulletproof suburbans than x5s.

Last edited:
I always thought that the newer Lincoln's and Buick's were nice lowkey mid, high end cars. Than again I know nothing about cars.

Im willing to bet more people in the "Real Wealth" demographic you mentioned, own bulletproof suburbans than x5s.
I agree. For celebrities and politicians you are absolutely right.

What if your wealth is due to extreme success in an industry with no public spotlight? For example, say you design plastics, but you were so good at it you started your own company and now you're making millions designing and selling plastic to be used in producing products worldwide. Then bulletproof whips, tinted windows don't really matter then. No one but friends, family, and industry experts care about you or your accomplishments.

Totally agree about wealth in the public spotlight though. Spot on. However, the number of "really wealthy" people out of the spotlight, is much larger than the number of "really wealthy" famous people.

Fame =/= wealth. It's rare that people manage their fame into extreme wealth, and sustain it.

Last edited:

hell yeah.

black car services are saturated with all black tahoes and suburbans.

my answer in da first page covered ALL of this.

Last edited:

For wealthy, suburban families, who's idea of utility is based more on getting the whole family safely from point A to point B (while keeping the kids comfortable and quiet), this is the car:

View media item 634017

Luxury SUVs with 2 rows.

i agree with the soccer moms comment. It's like they want you to know they're doing it by driving those c300's and x5's

How about Infiniti's and Lexus's?

I think it's depends more on the person themself versus the car they are driving. LIke i've met a 60+ year old guy who drives a lambo and you could tell he was humble about it even though the car itself is flashy.

The perfect car to fit this description for me is the current-gen CTS-V, sedan.
How can you say that???? Anything high performance is off rip bragging, have you ever heard a ctsv in the streets??? It sounds brolic as hell, and you KNOW you're pushin power when you drive one, the gas pedal is so ****** sensitive

All sport/hi performance trims shouldn't even be in consideration when answering ops question

It's about how you drive it. If you floor it everywhere and go WOT at stop lights, then you're bragging. If you keep it low-key and drive like an economical person, you aren't going to make that much noise.

Most people don't know what a CTS-V is. They see it's a Cadillac, so it's American luxury, but not blatant badge flossing like with a BMW/Audi/MB, but the CTS-V is a technological monster and those who know it, know what it can do. Those who don't, assume it's a solid middle-class car.
Smh I'll agree to disagree, I've driven one around, the average person knows that Cadillacs make no noise, the ctsv sounds throaty @ 25mph people have commented on the exhaust rumble at idle, people have commented on the aggressive hood

It can be a sleeper in your mind bro, but cruise through your neighborhood in a ctsv with your neighbors outside, they're going to ask why your cadi sounds so powerful

Audi, trust me. owning my second one. I get crazy compliments and it speaks success, especially if it has a RS or S, instead of an A. *wink* and im in sneakers and shorts everyday. 

any mid level german car, says that imo though. 

My dad copped a CTS, he makes good money after many years with the company but he's always been blue collar so I feel the caddy def fits how he is

He's not flashy just wanted a new car and ended up with that one

The perfect car to fit this description for me is the current-gen CTS-V, sedan.
How can you say that???? Anything high performance is off rip bragging, have you ever heard a ctsv in the streets??? It sounds brolic as hell, and you KNOW you're pushin power when you drive one, the gas pedal is so ****** sensitive

All sport/hi performance trims shouldn't even be in consideration when answering ops question
It's about how you drive it. If you floor it everywhere and go WOT at stop lights, then you're bragging. If you keep it low-key and drive like an economical person, you aren't going to make that much noise.

Most people don't know what a CTS-V is. They see it's a Cadillac, so it's American luxury, but not blatant badge flossing like with a BMW/Audi/MB, but the CTS-V is a technological monster and those who know it, know what it can do. Those who don't, assume it's a solid middle-class car.
Smh I'll agree to disagree, I've driven one around, the average person knows that Cadillacs make no noise, the ctsv sounds throaty @ 25mph people have commented on the exhaust rumble at idle, people have commented on the aggressive hood

It can be a sleeper in your mind bro, but cruise through your neighborhood in a ctsv with your neighbors outside, they're going to ask why your cadi sounds so powerful
plus da air intakes and griille is wild aggressive... when you see that v badge you know what it is...

View media item 634017

Luxury SUVs with 2 rows.

i agree with the soccer moms comment. It's like they want you to know they're doing it by driving those c300's and x5's

How about Infiniti's and Lexus's?

I think it's depends more on the person themself versus the car they are driving. LIke i've met a 60+ year old guy who drives a lambo and you could tell he was humble about it even though the car itself is flashy.

This >>>>>>> everything

A car can say alot, but its primarily just preconceptions. At the end of the day it comes down to the owner and the owners attitude.

Word to this guy

Compared to this guy

Back
Top Bottom