What makes Foamposits so great?

they are dope but its all hype in 2011. og foams are the only ones that are INDESTRUCTABLE. these newer retros are destructuble.

i dont hoop in em...just step out with em on occasionally...

i dont see how people wreck shoes when they just wear em casually.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by GhengesK

It's all marketing and advertising. 

What advertising have you seen in the past 14 years for this sneaker?
exactly....

and for da record these are fine for basketball...cats been balling in these joints for as long as i can remember.

What marketing have you seen for ANY retro shoe in the last however many years?

Marketing is not just a commercial or a poster.  Pricing a shoe a certain way and making them "limited" makes its "perceived value" seem greater than it really is.  Take some marketing classes.

exactly....

and for da record these are fine for basketball...cats been balling in these joints for as long as i can remember.

Marketing is not just a commercial or a poster.  Pricing a shoe a certain way and making them "limited" makes its "perceived value" seem greater than it really is.  Take some marketing classes.

laugh.gif
at you thinking u know why foamposites are poppin...

foamposites were never limited, maybe outside da eastcoast but it wasn't by design...everytime cats get em on da west all their shipment gets re-directed to NY- DMV cuz we eat em up @ retail no problemo...

foamposites have always touted a 180+ dollar price tag, does that make other kicks in da series as popular?...no

i don't hear people knocking down nike's offices to retro da ultraposites, and those were 180 too....

It's obvious that the reason the Foamposite is the most popular posite is because it was part of Penny's signature line. The price point of the shoe IS what makes the perceived value greater than the actual value.

You think a Versace t-shirt that sells for $150 is 15 times more durable than a Nike tee that costs $15? Of course not. It's the same principle with the Foamposites.

If you look at the Foams and think that it MUST be more durable and stylish because of its popularity and price then you are only kidding yourself. But as long as people have that mentality Nike will continue to make a lot of money.

As the saying goes, the game must be sold not told.

Foams are an all purpose sneaker on the east coast. They can get you through the snow/rain etc... and stay fresh without cleaning. Its the best alternative to wearing boots all winter.

Alot of the youngins buy them because they're the $200 nikes, but there's just as many that buy them without a blink like they would with nike boots or timberlands.

I'm pro-flightposite, but like nycposite said, the way foams hold up is incomparable.

look amazing, feel amazing, more durable than pretty much anything else avalable. Expensive but with these you actually feel that youre making an investment on somethig that will actually last unlke most other shoes

exactly....

This has nothing to do with the thread, but that post judgement day sale sig is pretty hilarious

It's all marketing and advertising. 

exactly....

Your arrogance while displaying such ignorance is amusing.

the answer to this question is simple as 1 word...

Penny.

What's next? "Why makes Jordan XI so great?"
laugh.gif

all i wanna know is when the hell did black anthracites become so expensive, i remember when they came out they sat at my local mom and pop store and went on sale for a $100

people have said earlier in the post that they are not good to play ball in. I disagree I played ball in mine (indoors) and for the first time I felt like I could actually dunk. Did I actually dunk? NO lol But the point is I think their good for balling in after all thats what they were made for and represent whom they were named after.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

all i wanna know is when the hell did black anthracites become so expensive, i remember when they came out they sat at my local mom and pop store and went on sale for a $100
Thats how all foams are now due to the hype
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Thats how all foams are now due to the hype
30t6p3b.gif
word to some teen telling me he got a good deal on some used cactus' (with heel and forefoot drag).....for $250
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

when i first bought the penny foam posite back when it was first made, it was of different technology, and of course material, as well as style. nothing never like it. people would look at my feet like "what in the world" and i wore them not because i was a penny fan, but because they were different than the other kicks out there. then back in the day you had the price tag. so where ever you went, you got the "oh dip those are them 200 dollar shoes" but because I'm such a history buff i think what made it even special is that nike had the foamposite material already created back in 1987, but didn't dare to release it on any shoe because it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to futuristic for the market at the time. i guess the time was right when penny came in the league then finally 1996 released the foamposite. i have not bought any of the retros as of yet. i still wear the og and in great condition. 

I played in mine indoor this week and have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how well they performed. I'm a bigger guy that moves pretty quick and was pleased at how secure I felt in these, yet there was plenty of cushion. All it took was two hours in my cough drops to go buy a pair of royals. Clearly some of the colorways are a little out there and that'll turn some off, but if you truly understand the history of the shoe and WEAR a pair, they'll quickly become your favorite too.

they came out roughly da same numbers as da 2007 royals (which was NO where near as much as current run of foamposites) they sold out in da middle of da summer

in NY..and foamposite fans can ALL agree that your sneaker is only as good as your all black model.

I remember when I first saw these back in high school. You had to be.pretty well off where I was from to own them. Finally picked up some cough drops a couple weeks ago...and after wearing them for a week, I went and copped some royals. These are easily becoming a favorite of mine. The feel great after broken in, and always turn heads.

Back
Top Bottom