~~| What Should Lebron Do? Vol. New Nike Commercial

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by Im Not You

How long are they gonna keep up this whole "Villian...Me Against The World....Everyone hates me" $%#@**!!?
They're going to play it up as long as people see him as a villain. Did you see that segment on ESPN about Cleveland "recovering" from his decision? Dude said "$*@@ you, LeBron." No one has been hated this much in basketball since M.J. (speaking only from a New York Knicks fan's perspective). I haven't seen this much hatred in sports from an entire sports fanbase since Barry Bonds and John Rocker.
kobe?

it seemed every NBA fanbase hated him after colorado. he was every arena he went to everytime he touched the ball

Yea, but you couldn't MARKET Kobe during his struggles. Ditto for Barry and off-his-Rocker. You can with LeBron. LeBron's acts (or potential in Kobe's circumstance) don't revolve around criminal, discriminatory, or an instance of cheating. 

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Am I reaching or was the empty tables during his hall of fame speech a shot at MJ?

Why would Nike of all companies take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron?
Just my interpretation of it, MJ's HOF speech was pretty scrutinized so I think Nike knew what they were doing when they put those empty tables in there.
I dunno bro....that would be a very BALLSY thing for Nike to do.... I just refuse to believe that the creative team behind the commercial would be that stupid to take a jab at Michael Jordan of all people.  Charles Barkley, sure.  He can take a joke....Michael Jordan?????  Nah....he IS Nike. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Am I reaching or was the empty tables during his hall of fame speech a shot at MJ?

Why would Nike of all companies take a shot at MJ for the sake of Lebron?
Just my interpretation of it, MJ's HOF speech was pretty scrutinized so I think Nike knew what they were doing when they put those empty tables in there.
I dunno bro....that would be a very BALLSY thing for Nike to do.... I just refuse to believe that the creative team behind the commercial would be that stupid to take a jab at Michael Jordan of all people.  Charles Barkley, sure.  He can take a joke....Michael Jordan?????  Nah....he IS Nike. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Originally Posted by Im Not You

How long are they gonna keep up this whole "Villian...Me Against The World....Everyone hates me" $%#@**!!?
They're going to play it up as long as people see him as a villain. Did you see that segment on ESPN about Cleveland "recovering" from his decision? Dude said "$*@@ you, LeBron." No one has been hated this much in basketball since M.J. (speaking only from a New York Knicks fan's perspective). I haven't seen this much hatred in sports from an entire sports fanbase since Barry Bonds and John Rocker.
kobe?

it seemed every NBA fanbase hated him after colorado. he was every arena he went to everytime he touched the ball

Yea, but you couldn't MARKET Kobe during his struggles. Ditto for Barry and off-his-Rocker. You can with LeBron. LeBron's acts (or potential in Kobe's circumstance) don't revolve around criminal, discriminatory, or an instance of cheating. 

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

- I agree with everything Chuck said about LeBronze.
- He's still an attention #%!$$ and a cry-baby.
- He's still BatGirl for siding with Wade to win a chip
- His Legacy will be forever tarnished.
- Kobe is and always will be the best NBA player since #23

That is all.

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

That is all.

He should demand a trade to the bulls.  That's what he should do 
laugh.gif

Not.

I really liked the initial tone of the commerical but it didn't do much for me afterwards.

I didn't think the shot at Barkley was very funny or clever really

Nike should have released this months earlier post-The Decision with all the time that has passed people have form their opinions of LBJ, one commerical ain't changing that.

Decent commerical.

I really liked the initial tone of the commerical but it didn't do much for me afterwards.

I didn't think the shot at Barkley was very funny or clever really

Nike should have released this months earlier post-The Decision with all the time that has passed people have form their opinions of LBJ, one commerical ain't changing that.

Decent commerical.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

That is all.
Not to open a can of words, but Kobe isn't better than LeBron.
Rings aside, he hasn't really accomplished anything that Lebron couldn't.

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

That is all.

Lebron went in on Chuck.  Using his slogan and taking a nice bite out of a donut.  I'm glad TNT is back on tomorrow night. 

Lebron went in on Chuck.  Using his slogan and taking a nice bite out of a donut.  I'm glad TNT is back on tomorrow night. 

Can someone explain the Barkley show to me? I'm really not seeing any shot for Chuck to really get upset about. In terms of the shot at MJ, I don't see it. His speech was scrutinized, but it wasn't like people were walking out on it or he finished to an empty house.

Can someone explain the Barkley show to me? I'm really not seeing any shot for Chuck to really get upset about. In terms of the shot at MJ, I don't see it. His speech was scrutinized, but it wasn't like people were walking out on it or he finished to an empty house.

Originally Posted by late registration

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

That is all.

2yuas8z.jpg

Originally Posted by late registration

Excellent Commercial.

BUT

That is all.

2yuas8z.jpg

Can't compare LeBron to Kobe on a career basis. I think he will be. For someone to say always is asinine though. There might have been someone born 2 minutes ago that will be better than Kobe and LeBron. You just don't know it yet. Right now, it's Kobe no question, on a career basis. LeBron has had the best individual season since Jordan though. So individually, LeBron has reached greater heights than Kobe. On a career basis, Kobe murks LeBron.

$+%! IT. DON'T QUOTE ME. I FELL INTO THE TRAP.
30t6p3b.gif

Can't compare LeBron to Kobe on a career basis. I think he will be. For someone to say always is asinine though. There might have been someone born 2 minutes ago that will be better than Kobe and LeBron. You just don't know it yet. Right now, it's Kobe no question, on a career basis. LeBron has had the best individual season since Jordan though. So individually, LeBron has reached greater heights than Kobe. On a career basis, Kobe murks LeBron.

$+%! IT. DON'T QUOTE ME. I FELL INTO THE TRAP.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom