~~| What Should Lebron Do? Vol. New Nike Commercial

and to think marcus jordan was giving bron props
laugh.gif

If Nike/Lebron's intentions was to take a shot at MJ, then I'm shocked.  This would be a slap in the face of epic proportions.  You'd have an employee of the company taking a shot at THE company (if you get what I mean) on Nike's dime.  I do like the commercial, but I refuse to believe that the folks behind it would be that stupid as to take a jab at Mike. 
That's the thing though champ, I really don't think Nike idea came up with that part of the commerical IF it is a shot at Mike, moreso Lebron's creative input.  If it is a shot a Mike it's a subliminal and something that the common or average viewer of the commerical wouldn't pick up on like the shot at Chuck obviously.  I agree that it would be stupid for either Nike or Lebron, especially Lebron to take a shot at Mike but Lebron is no stranger to doing dumb things.  Let's say his boys/friends had input in the commercial for example and maybe it was there idea to go at Mike, do you really think Lebron might say no to that suggestion...........as he said "there my friends".  Same with the snake being used in the commercial as well.

If Nike/Lebron's intentions was to take a shot at MJ, then I'm shocked.  This would be a slap in the face of epic proportions.  You'd have an employee of the company taking a shot at THE company (if you get what I mean) on Nike's dime.  I do like the commercial, but I refuse to believe that the folks behind it would be that stupid as to take a jab at Mike. 
That's the thing though champ, I really don't think Nike idea came up with that part of the commerical IF it is a shot at Mike, moreso Lebron's creative input.  If it is a shot a Mike it's a subliminal and something that the common or average viewer of the commerical wouldn't pick up on like the shot at Chuck obviously.  I agree that it would be stupid for either Nike or Lebron, especially Lebron to take a shot at Mike but Lebron is no stranger to doing dumb things.  Let's say his boys/friends had input in the commercial for example and maybe it was there idea to go at Mike, do you really think Lebron might say no to that suggestion...........as he said "there my friends".  Same with the snake being used in the commercial as well.

Well Charles will be on PTI to talk about the commercial today.

Well Charles will be on PTI to talk about the commercial today.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Deuce King

DK, what do you think of the whole thing?  Obviously I haven't read the article, but do you believe that Nike would be that bold as to take a jab at MJ? 
I wouldn't think that Nike would take a jab at Mike but at the same time I wouldn't think they would take a jab at Charles so I can't say that I wouldn't put it pass them.  The only thing is the HOF speech part in the commercial obviously isn't as blatant of a jab at Mike as the jab at Chuck was.  I think if anything the HOF part might have been something that Lebron came up with Nike not knowing that he might have been going at Mike if that is/was the case.  The thing aobut the HOF speech in the commercial to me is that Mike's HOF speech wasn't even that heavily criticized afterwards if I remember so I can't see why Lebron would even try to highlight that at all in his commercial if that is the case.  I don't even think it was Nike's idea to go at Charles, moreso Lebron's input on the commercial and because they cater to him so much since he's the cash cow over there now they thew a shot at Charles to please their golden boy.  Nike is releasing some of of Charles's retros this upcoming year so they got to know that this commercial might cause some type of inner conflict business wise with Charles but I guess they don't care. 

DoubleJs, I copied the part of the Express for you below that gives the description of the commercial..............

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

DK, what do you think of the whole thing?  Obviously I haven't read the article, but do you believe that Nike would be that bold as to take a jab at MJ? 
I wouldn't think that Nike would take a jab at Mike but at the same time I wouldn't think they would take a jab at Charles so I can't say that I wouldn't put it pass them.  The only thing is the HOF speech part in the commercial obviously isn't as blatant of a jab at Mike as the jab at Chuck was.  I think if anything the HOF part might have been something that Lebron came up with Nike not knowing that he might have been going at Mike if that is/was the case.  The thing aobut the HOF speech in the commercial to me is that Mike's HOF speech wasn't even that heavily criticized afterwards if I remember so I can't see why Lebron would even try to highlight that at all in his commercial if that is the case.  I don't even think it was Nike's idea to go at Charles, moreso Lebron's input on the commercial and because they cater to him so much since he's the cash cow over there now they thew a shot at Charles to please their golden boy.  Nike is releasing some of of Charles's retros this upcoming year so they got to know that this commercial might cause some type of inner conflict business wise with Charles but I guess they don't care. 

DoubleJs, I copied the part of the Express for you below that gives the description of the commercial..............

Originally Posted by Chadleroy

and lol at dude saying "rings aside" Kobe hasn't accomplished anything more than LeBron...you sound salty
How do I sound salty?
If I say Lebron is better than Kobe, what are people gonna post? A picture representing how many rings Kobe has.
If we put rings aside, what has Kobe done that Lebron can't/hasn't?

and lol at dude saying "rings aside" Kobe hasn't accomplished anything more than LeBron...you sound salty
How do I sound salty?
If I say Lebron is better than Kobe, what are people gonna post? A picture representing how many rings Kobe has.

for the guys talking about "how can nike throw shots at MJ"... they outsourced the commercial. just fyi

for the guys talking about "how can nike throw shots at MJ"... they outsourced the commercial. just fyi

Originally Posted by late registration

How do I sound salty?
Wow,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How do I sound salty?
Wow,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

As if this mess wasn't already ridiculous enough, no one said that.

I guess youve been def to all the garbage that has been spewed by the media and everyone this offseason then. Because it has been said that he is "hurting his HOF legacy because he is teaming up with 2 All stars to win a title"

Maybe not in this thread because ppl are too busy reaching for things that arent there. But it has most definitly been said this offseason. And thats the point of the commercial is to point out all the dumb %!@$ that has been said. Obviously not to the extent that no1 would go to his speech. But its a minute and a half commercial they gotta get the point across fast. They cant sit there and break down every little thing so that it makes absolute sense.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

They were going at the ppl who say he "Ruined his legacy" by signing with the Heat and now no1 would go to his HOF speech because he is "No longer a HOFer" because of his decision.

As if this mess wasn't already ridiculous enough, no one said that.

I guess youve been def to all the garbage that has been spewed by the media and everyone this offseason then. Because it has been said that he is "hurting his HOF legacy because he is teaming up with 2 All stars to win a title"

Maybe not in this thread because ppl are too busy reaching for things that arent there. But it has most definitly been said this offseason. And thats the point of the commercial is to point out all the dumb %!@$ that has been said. Obviously not to the extent that no1 would go to his speech. But its a minute and a half commercial they gotta get the point across fast. They cant sit there and break down every little thing so that it makes absolute sense.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

How do I sound salty?
Wow,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"Wow" + rolling emoticons means nothing.
What were you trying to accomplish?

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

How do I sound salty?
Wow,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"Wow" + rolling emoticons means nothing.
What were you trying to accomplish?

Originally Posted by woody2626

Then, the shot at Jordan: "What should I do? Should I just sell shoes? Wanna see my shiny new shoes?"

While not obvious, it looks like this is at least a subtle jab at Jordan, who was a businessman above all else, typified by his famous quote on why he wouldn't speak out on political issues: "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

If you look close, LeBron is even wearing those 80s sunglasses Jordan used to wear, famously in his "Saturday Night Live" appearance and in some of the Mars Blackman Nike ads, back in the day.
296138.jpg

Originally Posted by woody2626

Then, the shot at Jordan: "What should I do? Should I just sell shoes? Wanna see my shiny new shoes?"

While not obvious, it looks like this is at least a subtle jab at Jordan, who was a businessman above all else, typified by his famous quote on why he wouldn't speak out on political issues: "Republicans buy sneakers, too."

If you look close, LeBron is even wearing those 80s sunglasses Jordan used to wear, famously in his "Saturday Night Live" appearance and in some of the Mars Blackman Nike ads, back in the day.
296138.jpg

Man just that awkward "sooo, this went well..." made me immediately think back to MJs hall of fame speech.  Has to be a shot at MJ.
Was there really that much fall out or uproar over MJ's HOF speech??  If not, I don't see how the "sooo this went well" could be a shot at MJ.  If so I would hope MJ would put Nike in it's place, not just for the shot at him but for the shot at Charles.

And i'll never understand the stuff about "robin" or "artificially built a team" nonsense.
Are you serious??

1. Yes, there were several unfavorable articles after MJs speech.
2. Yes, i am serious.  Do you have a real question?  It's insane to act like this "super" team is some grave act against basketball when quite a few championship teams before have had 2 and 3 guys that are hof'ers. 

and for that other stuff you guys are on,
RINGS ARE EVERYTHING, IT'S WHY YOU PLAY THE #%%#$%* GAME.

so there's no argument worth getting into that starts off with "rings aside".

Man just that awkward "sooo, this went well..." made me immediately think back to MJs hall of fame speech.  Has to be a shot at MJ.
Was there really that much fall out or uproar over MJ's HOF speech??  If not, I don't see how the "sooo this went well" could be a shot at MJ.  If so I would hope MJ would put Nike in it's place, not just for the shot at him but for the shot at Charles.

And i'll never understand the stuff about "robin" or "artificially built a team" nonsense.
Are you serious??

1. Yes, there were several unfavorable articles after MJs speech.
2. Yes, i am serious.  Do you have a real question?  It's insane to act like this "super" team is some grave act against basketball when quite a few championship teams before have had 2 and 3 guys that are hof'ers. 

and for that other stuff you guys are on,
RINGS ARE EVERYTHING, IT'S WHY YOU PLAY THE #%%#$%* GAME.

so there's no argument worth getting into that starts off with "rings aside".

Back
Top Bottom