What was it like back in the day????

Originally Posted by StrictlyAirJordans23

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

Originally Posted by BrockBo

I here bits a piece's of storys but i just want to know what it was like back when there lines for jays and every body was getting up early to be first in line at the mall to get retros not this fusion stuff. Im 14 and realy wasnt in to shoe's back when all the retros that where coming out where must have's and kids my age either rock fusions or fakes and they just dont care. But me I know my sneakers and i just want to here from some older guys what it was like to camp out and stuff like that.

Im only about 6 years older than you, but I was just like you... I called all my kicks by their name(Griffeys, retros, etc...) since middle school and funny thing is nobody knew what I was talking about lol... but Ive been collecting for a min now and since ive started Ive notice a big change iin the game... I remember when it was all fun and games everybody from school talking about meeting up at the mall to cop Jays early Sat morning or arguing about what Mj did in which shoe with the bball players... then all of sudden everybody wasnt getting their kicks all the time, there were ppl beating the crowd coppin like 3 or 4 pair and I was like why... (before I knew about the resell game) then i started seein dudes with these fake/bootleg kicks...The game has never been the same since...

what game??
tired.gif

I think hes referring to the shoe game, shoe game was so much more interesting back then when you didnt have to fight your way for the popular size and no1 was fighting for a place in line!!! Will it ever be the same?
ohwell.gif

damn i do remember that bout the eastbay book...those are rare to find...and now to the future..i do like getting updates about what shoes are coming up but i mean look at the bordeauxs...slated for next March? that's what starts the hype...that's a $*#&&$ year away....they should start leaking info like a week before or even try some slick $*@@ and just put em out in the stores and then let the masses get at em...

I remembered picking up the white cement 4's, black cement 4's and the Infrared VI's + All 3 XI's (ConCords, Space Jams and Columbia) easily.

strolled into foot locker in sophomore year of high school, 2000-%@+ and just bought black/silver Vs. i had no idea when they came out, i just knew i liked air jordans and i liked that style (back then we didn't even call them by number/roman numeral. just "that air jordan")

10 years later and i still have them. they are destroyed with the most brown, poop colored soles i've ever seen on a V.

Back in the day, releases were crazy but there were no message boards or use of the internet for that matter to hype it all up. Information was given by word of mouth or by eastbay book. I remember kids in school bringing that catalog and we'd all be in it at recess. That or a lowrider book. lol Thats a different story though. Anyway, things have changed and mike isn't playing anymore so all the kids hear stories now and hype everything up. It was so much easier to cop back then.

it was the best of time

twitter.com/thesolomind
twitter.com/starandbuckwild

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

damn i do remember that bout the eastbay book...those are rare to find...and now to the future..i do like getting updates about what shoes are coming up but i mean look at the bordeauxs...slated for next March? that's what starts the hype...that's a $*#&&$ year away....they should start leaking info like a week before or even try some slick $*@@ and just put em out in the stores and then let the masses get at em...

OMFG the eastbay book
roll.gif
roll.gif

I use to get them, and would have everyone crowd around during lunch in elementary school to look at it HAHA

every OG head on here hit it right on the nail....

I just want to add that one memory I'll never forget is walking in to Foot Locker on the RD's of the black V's, 2000 Space Jam XIs, and 2000 infrared VIs, at night to cop. AT NIGHT! How you could top that? Walking in to Foot Locker ONE WEEK LATER from the RD to pick up the 99/2000 Fire Red 5s. And I wore a size 13 at the time.

Back
Top Bottom