What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

New member, that's been lurking a few months. My first pair were the blue and white IXs when I was about 6. My very favorite though, since 5th grade, has always been the black toe XIIIs. Always wanted them, but my mom wouldn't drop the money on em and whenever a family member had money to get them for me, we could never find them in a store. Needless to say, I got my Finishline shipping email earlier today, so I can finally complete the mission I started 16 years ago...I'm really just now getting started with the collecting as of about two years ago.

Last edited:
There's a two distinct jays that really got me into this.

One being the oxidized green XIV, my first jordan shoe. My dad had the indiglos and we semi matched. And at day forth for years he would always take me with the go get the next thing and whatever he got I got in a gs.

Then my first adult sized jay was the 2002 charcoal retro. I remember getting them, my dad had been wearing them and the Olympics around frequently and I asked for one. He said no, but then I said why do you need two of the same shoes in different colors? I want one. So he gave me the charcoals. Man I beat those things into the ground. I still have them here for the memories.

2nd grade... There was a girl in my class named LaQuisha, who had the white/red XII's... Begged my parents for 'em... My dad got me some wookies from Montgomery Ward... I wish I had pics, lol... I FINALLY got them in 2009, but then my GF really wanted an Xbox... So I returned 'em and got the 360 (I would feel real stupid if we weren't still together)... Luckily, these released 4 days before the Space Jams, so ppl were going crazy for those... I replaced 'em a couple months later, for retail. THANK GOD!

These were the first J's that I can recall recognizing as Jordans.... And it only took me 13 years to cop!

But my first pair was the following year, those Vin Baker Team Jordans that resembled the 13's... My first pair of Air Jordans were the black 18.5's, got those on CLEARANCE from Eastbay.

XII's in elementary, specifically the black/red ones & somewhat the XI concords too (even though i didn't get to acquire them :/)

retro wise the 99 IV's.. retros only caught up with me later.

because before like everyone else i wanted the current kicks MJ was rocking

Last edited:
The Doernbecher 1. First shoe I camped for. I was breaking necks and loving every minute of it. They're beat now haha. I never could "collect". I wear everything into the ground.

Charcoal VIIs in '92 were my 1st J's but the white VIII the next year were the 1st pair that I really lusted over.

the fire red 5s were my first pair of jordans.. and they were hand me downs at that (1991?).. i still remember being so infatuiated with the clear sole with the big jumpman logo on it.. jordan hand me downs.. lol..for some reason can't picture that happening too much in 2013.

XIII Black/White/Red back in '97
Same here. Black and white 13's. I was in fourth grade and a few kids on my basketball team got em. I was a bit jealous but I was cool with my Allen iverson "the answer 1's". Wonder if reebok is going to retro those anyway? Anyone remember those? seems almost completely forgotten. I'd be hyped to have a pair again for nostalgia sake.

Last edited:
1993 I was in 3rd grade my big bro is 7 yrs older than me so he & his homie he use to run with that stayed in fresh sneakers...I was hoopin on my lil kiddie BBall goal dude comes up him & my Big Bro with the OG BLACK/RED PLAYOFF VII's!!!! with those multicolor pants to match ever since then I was in love the ANTI-INVERSION STRAPS, MULTI COLOR PATTERN, CARPET TONGUE...Man I LOVE That shoe...
View media item 331616View media item 331618

Last edited:
92' bordeaux's and hare's as a kid are what brought me officially into the "Jordan game"...but it wasn't until 2003 when I bought the white and royal Jordan 18's. I wore that shoe into the ground, and when I joined the military, I copped the black and gold 1's at Niketown in Seattle for I think a buck even.....:pimp: around that time is when my interest piqued and I noticed Jordans for the first time retroing...I wasn't really aware of the earlier retro's at that time...

Retro 94 blk cement 3`s. Mom brought em for me but i was upset that they werent the "new" Jordans lol. They were $65 dollars at Sports Authority.

OG Playoff 8s (1st and only pair pre-employment) were my first pair, but the OG Playoff 12s (1st pair I ever bought) started my obsession along with the OG Flint 13s, Candy Cane 14s, and obsidian 15s in high school. 1999-2003 were also great years for retros. 99 Bred 4s were the first pair of shoes I ever paid over retail for. Jordan XIs were an epic retro along with the Infrared 6s and all the 3s that came out. It was a great time to be alive and have a job. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom