What was the Jordan that first started your Jordan obsessions?

loved the 3's, 4's and 5's, but my obsession commenced with the black/infra 6's back in 91.

Gotta be the true blue 3's for me. I still got em. Since then I haven't stopped.

Surprised not one other person has said them yet.

OG Concord XIs.

Got several Bulls magazines back in '96 and saw MJ got those on. Fell in love ever since.

I've given up having a pair though. It's all good.

^Yea but we also have some old heads, too... Mom bought me the 1s in 85 but I was 9yrs old and didn't think much about it. Our family is comprised of Bulls fans, so the next year mom bought me the 2s. It was the 2 that put me on track with the whole "Wear the same shoes as MJ does", and it was a wrap... From there I bought every AJ up to 15, but as an adult, I only collect/wear AJ 1-12.
Yep I like your taste. 1-12 for me too. Not a fan of the newer stuff personally

bred IVs when they originally dropped .. couldnt cop parents couldnt buy em .. 

fire red 5s the same... 

needless to say i own em both now LOL

Playoff XIIs in 1997 started my love for Jays... I have a picture somewhere; I'll post it. Playoff XIIs in '04 started my buying and collecting frenzy. No matter how hard I try, I can not reproduce the adrenaline rush I got that cold February morning. I was all over the city trying to find them. I swear a light beamed through the box when I flipped the top open. And that silver Jordan face box... Nuff said. NO LIE. :smokin

I would have to say the playoff 13s started my obssession had them when i was In second grade the bubble blew my mind...but the first pair of kicks i cherished and kept clean were the bred 13 when they retroed for the first time in '04 Christmas. Been a Jordan-head ever since.

i liked nikes and jordans but i never wanted to own a pair so badly until i saw the black/red XI

My best friend pretty much got me into Jordan's. he started "collecting" in the year 2001. He's been showing me his shoes and all that and I wasn't that interested until my high school varsity ball season started. So I decided to buy the low top xv white/navy blue to ball in my games. During the season, I started to love the French blue 7s, so I had asked him if he can search for them here on mike talk and I would pay for it. Sure enough, my dude found some and I started wearing em at school on a daily. From there, it was all over. I'm an avid collector LoL

White cement 3's when i was in the 5th grade

my crush had em on and i was like :wow: :wow:

ever since then 3's were my grails

true blue > white cement > black cement >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other shoe on the planet

Last edited:
^props, I always think true blue's the best 3's, maybe it's because I love blue 
happy.gif

As for me the 4's in 1989 started it all. I remember being 7 years old at St. Casimir's school in Chicago, my friend Gabriel had every colorway of the 4's and I would just stare and think DAMN those are nice, the wings, the netting, that NIKE AIR on the back, begged my mom for the military 4's on clearance at 60 bucks, no dice. My first pair of Jordan's came in 96, I had the OG black n red 11's and from there it was game over. I acquired some 99 cement 4's in 07 but sold em for the right price
ohwell.gif
 how I miss them

Last edited:
Jordan XI when they first came out but I was kid and didn't have the money.. I started to collect the XI in 2000 and when it wasn't too hard to get a pair...

Back
Top Bottom